Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Do you rate these players?

Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:15 pm

Do you rate any of these recent players?

Robert Earnshaw?

Michael Chopra?

David Marshall?

Peter Whittingham?

Jay Bothroyd?

Danny Gabbidon?

Peter Thorne?

Jason Koumas?

Graham Kavanagh?

DO ANY OF OUR CURRENT / PRESENT PLAYERS GOING IN TO NEXT SEASON COME ANYWHERE NEAR TO THEIR STANDARD

Re: Do you rate these players?

Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:18 pm

I loved every one of them. Im most excited about Tanner. Looks raw, strong, fast, and hungry. Although I will reserve judgement for now and see how we are after 5 games.

Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:33 pm

Reply Twitter:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:44 pm

Reply FB:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:01 pm

Reply FB:

Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:04 pm

Was talking with my dad couple of days ago and was saying that even taking into account the two prem sides we've had the Dave Jones side with Chops, Bothroyd, Whitts etc etc was the best collection of players we've had in my lifetime and probably since the 60's.

Here's hoping that Colewill, Davis and Dehnam etc are the generation that takes that mantle on.

Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:34 pm

Reply FB:

Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:35 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:Was talking with my dad couple of days ago and was saying that even taking into account the two prem sides we've had the Dave Jones side with Chops, Bothroyd, Whitts etc etc was the best collection of players we've had in my lifetime and probably since the 60's.

Here's hoping that Colewill, Davis and Dehnam etc are the generation that takes that mantle on.

I just loved those players.

Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:51 pm

Marshy and Whitts aside none of those guys ever got us near the prem.All great players for us and were good to watch under DJ but this is all nostalgic BS for me.There were some players in the 90's I love to watch as well but most of the time they were awful.Dj brought many of those players here but we were all glad to see the back of him in the end.

Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:29 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:Marshy and Whitts aside none of those guys ever got us near the prem.All great players for us and were good to watch under DJ but this is all nostalgic BS for me.There were some players in the 90's I love to watch as well but most of the time they were awful.Dj brought many of those players here but we were all glad to see the back of him in the end.

So Bellers, Chops, Koumas, McNaughton, Hudson. Burke, Blake, Heaton, Rambo wouldn't get into Malky or Warnock's sides?

No nostalgic BS - player for player Jones' side was better thN both prem sides and he massively underacheived given the squad he had.

Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:46 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:Marshy and Whitts aside none of those guys ever got us near the prem.All great players for us and were good to watch under DJ but this is all nostalgic BS for me.There were some players in the 90's I love to watch as well but most of the time they were awful.Dj brought many of those players here but we were all glad to see the back of him in the end.

So Bellers, Chops, Koumas, McNaughton, Hudson. Burke, Blake, Heaton, Rambo wouldn't get into Malky or Warnock's sides?

No nostalgic BS - player for player Jones' side was better thN both prem sides and he massively underacheived given the squad he had.

That's completely different from what I said. Your making it up, where are the players you mention in the OP's post.

Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:57 pm

Earnie Thorne Gabbs and Kav had left before Dave Jones arrived. All great players

Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:07 pm

I rate them all for there different abilities. I don’t think we have had a central midfielder the way Kavanagh was. He was definitely worth the high amount of money we paid at the time.

Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:09 pm

Jay and Chops - What a partnership :bluescarf: :bluebird: :thumbup:

Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:15 am

Forever Blue wrote:Do you rate any of these recent players?

Robert Earnshaw?

Michael Chopra?

David Marshall?

Peter Whittingham?

Jay Bothroyd?

Danny Gabbidon?

Peter Thorne?

Jason Koumas?

Graham Kavanagh?

DO ANY OF OUR CURRENT / PRESENT PLAYERS GOING IN TO NEXT SEASON COME ANYWHERE NEAR TO THEIR STANDARD

I rate all of those players and a lot more not mentioned :clap:

Those above will go down in the better history of our great club and I wonder if we truly appreciate players whilst they are 'current'?

Sean Morrison apart, I wouldn't put any of our current pkayers in the group above; but they still have (playing) time to persuade me... :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:29 am

Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Do you rate any of these recent players?

Robert Earnshaw?

Michael Chopra?

David Marshall?

Peter Whittingham?

Jay Bothroyd?

Danny Gabbidon?

Peter Thorne?

Jason Koumas?

Graham Kavanagh?

I rate all of those players and a lot more not mentioned :clap:

Those above will go down in the better history of our great club and I wonder if we truly appreciate players whilst they are 'current'?

Sean Morrison apart, I wouldn't put any of our current pkayers in the group above; but they still have (playing) time to persuade me... :ayatollah:

I’m with you all the way Chris,

Plus I agree at the time , I don’t think we appreciated them as much as we do now.

The current crop would not even get in the team with any of them, as you said maybe Sean Morrison and I think Rubin Collwill would ,

Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:36 am

Reply Twitter:

Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:06 am

Loved all these players Most became icons to the modern day supporters However they became icons I never knew much about Gabby or whitts before they cam me or much about Earnie when he was a youth player
The others we knew were decent players before they came to city even if they had not done it in the top division