Hull City make £3mill Bid:

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:03 pm

Hull City have made a bid of £3m for #MKDons midfielder Scott Twine, with the prospect of further add-ons if a deal is agreed. Twine scored 20 goals and delivered 13 assists this/last season #hcafc
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Hull City make £3mill Bid:

Postby Barclay1 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:11 pm

But football has no money remember Annis! Nobody, let alone Unfashionable Hull, has money to pay for any sort of quality and experience.

They will clearly 'do a Derby' because they have seen the need to open the purse strings. Its clear there will be those who say that certain relegated clubs will have cash to spend. We are talking Hull City here, and in fairness, good for them.

In seriousness, we have spent no money on future potential. Now this may work out quite well, or we may crash and burn.

To be fair I guess, we are trying to be different.

Twine, however, can also be seen as 'future potential'. Sometimes, future potential also costs. Does this put our signings into perspective?

We are addressing the strength in depth. Quality though, is still a concern.

We need to see most if not all our gambles pay off. Now I'm not that much of a gambling connoisseur, but they seem quite long odds.
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby Pantmawr Bluebird » Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:44 pm

I do see where you're coming from Barclay but I am excited by the players signed.

Who had heard of Drameh and Doyle before Jan last year? Not me. This summer we've all been holding out hope for them to return!

Plenty of time yet to get experience in.

I'm hoping for Jed Wallace, Josh Laurent and Bale but that would be greedy :lol:
Pantmawr Bluebird

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:44 pm

Hulls new owner flexing his financial muscles... as we know it doesnt always work ......why compare us with anyone else money wise god knows it's the players you get that's far more important not what they cost.....
pembroke allan

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:52 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Hulls new owner flexing his financial muscles... as we know it doesnt always work ......why compare us with anyone else money wise god knows it's the players you get that's far more important not what they cost.....

Totally agree and who’s to say that our signings aren’t ‘future potential’. Just because they’re lower risk due to the amount spent on them shouldn’t mean that anyone should immediately cast doubt on their potential, particularly as none of them have made an appearance for us yet.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:22 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Hulls new owner flexing his financial muscles... as we know it doesnt always work ......why compare us with anyone else money wise god knows it's the players you get that's far more important not what they cost.....

Totally agree and who’s to say that our signings aren’t ‘future potential’. Just because they’re lower risk due to the amount spent on them shouldn’t mean that anyone should immediately cast doubt on their potential, particularly as none of them have made an appearance for us yet.

We are getting more mobile hungry younger players and some not happy with that.. they're
Not happy if buy journey men on high wages so wtf do they want ? Pay couple million on a player just to look good and we are spending money! :o
pembroke allan

Postby pontlliwblue » Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:32 pm

Big gamble for me James Collins scored for fun in league one. Wouldn't give you 3m for him.
pontlliwblue

Postby Barclay1 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:39 pm

More often than is not, there is always the liklihood that a player who commands a large fee mostly, has proved their worth.

Fair comment, the player you sign rather than the fee paid, is a reasonable argument but the value of the player recognises ability.

The point of my post was that, tjere are teams, unfashionable teams spending money. So those on this board saying we are all on an even keel in terms of finances might appear sadly mistaken.
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:57 pm

Barclay1 wrote:

More often than is not, there is always the liklihood that a player who commands a large fee mostly, has proved their worth.

Fair comment, the player you sign rather than the fee paid, is a reasonable argument but the value of the player recognises ability.

The point of my post was that, tjere are teams, unfashionable teams spending money. So those on this board saying we are all on an even keel in terms of finances might appear sadly mistaken.

Think you need to take a good look at what moneys being spent by clubs in general...... most are free or little money paid... hull as I said got new owners trying to boost his image with the fans.... as for finances well football as a whole is in a mess and if reports are anywhere near true several in championship are going to be sanctioned for over spending citys finances are not great but they are not going to be sanctioned... huddersfield spent sfa last season and they did ok didn't they which emphasises my point about it being the player not what he cost.. so did hull actually need to spend 3m on player or was it owners vanity ? Can garauntee there will be just as good going for free or peanuts soon?
Last edited by pembroke allan on Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pembroke allan

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:58 pm

Barclay1 wrote:

I think Tan is fed up of throwing money at CCFC tbh and I currently only spending what he has to. He’d keeping us afloat atm so can’t blame him.
I do get your point re £ indicated the quality of a player generally, but that way of running CCFC is a shop that has sailed away. Certainly for the near future.
Tbh personally speaking I’d get more enjoyment watching low risk players playing with their heart on their sleeve as we’ve had too many players picking up wages under false pretences for too long.
I for one, can’t wait for the new season and will give every single player in our team the utmost support. :bluescarf:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Bluebina » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:45 am

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

We are getting more mobile hungry younger players and some not happy with that.. they're
Not happy if buy journey men on high wages so wtf do they want ? Pay couple million on a player just to look good and we are spending money! :o

Some of ours would complain that Messi and Ronaldo are too old and that Bennan Johnson is still unknown because he's only had one good season.
Bluebina

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:26 pm

Bluebina wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Some of ours would complain that Messi and Ronaldo are too old and that Bennan Johnson is still unknown because he's only had one good season.

Said it's not the money paid it's the player yhats important..take liverpool just spent £6.5m on player from Aberdeen bet their fans not complaining he is only worth £6.5m not £60.5m..
pembroke allan

Return to General Chat