Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Needs to lose some weight & boy that was some foul

Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:41 am

Vontae Daley-Campbell, just watched the video of his foul in Scotland playing for Dundee, wow that was reckless.

Plus I noticed he was carrying quite a lot of weight, hopefully this Summer he loses it.

Re: Needs to lose some weight & boy that was some foul

Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:00 am

Forever Blue wrote:Vontae Daley-Campbell, just watched the video of his foul in Scotland playing for Dundee, wow that was reckless.

Plus I noticed he was carrying quite a lot of weight, hopefully this Summer he loses it.

I thought the same on both counts :lol: :lol:

I don't think the weight issue will be too much of a problem, he's not in Tomin territory on that !! He's also going to have a full pre-season and I think we're going to see a very fit, pacey, high pressing team from the outset so they'll get him fit.

Whether he's good enough is another matter but there is a very clear strategy with the players being signed. They are all quick and mobile, all very refreshing and I'm all for it but results are the key, as well as a couple of high quality signings/loans.

Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:19 am

piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Vontae Daley-Campbell, just watched the video of his foul in Scotland playing for Dundee, wow that was reckless.

I don't think the weight issue will be too much of a problem, he's not in Tomin territory on that !! He's also going to have a full pre-season and I think we're going to see a very fit, pacey, high pressing team from the outset so they'll get him fit.

Whether he's good enough is another matter but there is a very clear strategy with the players being signed. They are all quick and mobile, all very refreshing and I'm all for it but results are the key, as well as a couple of high quality signings/loans.

I agree, we can’t compare with Tomlin :lol:

Results will define everything and by Mid September we will have a clearer picture.

Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:23 am

piledriver64 wrote:

Quick and mobile is something we lacked last year, big time!
My late dad used to say that in the championship, if you have a team full of pace, regardless of ability, you’d do ok. I think he was pretty much correct.