Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Not sure why another 3 year deal? If these players don't gel

Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:56 am

Not sure why another 3 year deal? If these players don't gel and we have to remember what Morison is doing he has never done before ( as had only been a under 23 manager before and even this was just for a year) then we are in dire straights! Was quite " excited" about Daley Campbell until I read he only played 9 times for Dundee who got relegated and most of those 9 appearances were from the bench. Hopefully though we are going to take the league by storm!

Re: Not sure why another 3 year deal? If these players don't

Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:12 am

Someone summed this up nicely on another thread we aren’t buying these players so they will take lower wages but on longer terms generally as free transfers with signing on fees on top

Most would want larger contracts over two years with smaller signing fees otherwise broad as it’s long and any signing is a gamble

Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:16 am

Ninian27 wrote:Not sure why another 3 year deal? If these players don't gel and we have to remember what Morison is doing he has never done before ( as had only been a under 23 manager before and even this was just for a year) then we are in dire straights! Was quite " excited" about Daley Campbell until I read he only played 9 times for Dundee who got relegated and most of those 9 appearances were from the bench. Hopefully though we are going to take the league by storm!

Or you could have posted;

Brilliant another three year deal, remember Morison has proven a great judge of player in the most difficult January transfer window, now he is signing more young talented players with great atttudes who are looking for a club to bring them on, and tying them down to three year contracts, so either we get the best from them with options to extend, or if we get silly offers we can sell with a transfer fee rather than let them leave on a free.

We will know by Christmas if they are good buys and which of the above is more correct :thumbup:

Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:06 am

Bluebina wrote:
Ninian27 wrote:Not sure why another 3 year deal? If these players don't gel and we have to remember what Morison is doing he has never done before ( as had only been a under 23 manager before and even this was just for a year) then we are in dire straights! Was quite " excited" about Daley Campbell until I read he only played 9 times for Dundee who got relegated and most of those 9 appearances were from the bench. Hopefully though we are going to take the league by storm!

Brilliant another three year deal, remember Morison has proven a great judge of player in the most difficult January transfer window, now he is signing more young talented players with great atttudes who are looking for a club to bring them on, and tying them down to three year contracts, so either we get the best from them with options to extend, or if we get silly offers we can sell with a transfer fee rather than let them leave on a free.

We will know by Christmas if they are good buys and which of the above is more correct :thumbup:

This is a perfect example of the difference in the good old half empty / full phrase. Personally I like to think along the lines of Bluebina.....again!!! :o I'm getting soft in my old age. :D :bluebird:

Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:09 am

TheHangedMan wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

This is a perfect example of the difference in the good old half empty / full phrase. Personally I like to think along the lines of Bluebina.....again!!! :o I'm getting soft in my old age. :D :bluebird:

I’m with you HM. :thumbup:

Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:16 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Ha ha I almost always agree with your football posts too, we just need to avoid the subject of you know what :laughing6: :thumbup: