A forum for all things Cardiff City

Matt Le Tissier Reveals the details of Sky Sports Dismissal

Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:13 pm

A good watch/listen. Top bloke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK4DVWfyeFs

Re: Matt Le Tissier Reveals the details of Sky Sports Dismis

Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:22 pm

Matt is a top guy
He has always been respectful in his views , despite many of which have gone against the current narrative .
Ive been to two of his speaking events. Comes across as down to earth and a gentleman
Never has he been anti- anything just pro free speech

Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:45 am

I just wish Sky would stay away from the political arena but such a big media like them it is not going to happen.

They have used their most popular channels such as the Sports channels as a way to get their political agenda out there and it has degraded the whole company. It must be a horrible company to work for unless you think like them.

Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:25 am

Bakedalasker wrote:I just wish Sky would stay away from the political arena but such a big media like them it is not going to happen.

They have used their most popular channels such as the Sports channels as a way to get their political agenda out there and it has degraded the whole company. It must be a horrible company to work for unless you think like them.

I am no fan of Sky (at all!) but it was Le Tissier who used his influential platform to push conspiracy theories. Sky didn't bring up the stuff Le Tissier started spouting out so you can hardly blame them for firing him when he started spouting that the people with COVID in Italy were all paid crisis actors and denied war crimes and said that media reporting in the Ukraine were making up massacres (Matt... my colleagues are on the ground, the media is not making up massacres!)

If he had just said he was sceptical of the vaccine because of the huge profits the pharma agencies used, fine - we all have reservations and are cynical about pharma... but he didn't and started to push more and more obscure conspiracy theories

So as a private company Sky had every right to fire him.

Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:55 am

AfricanBluebird wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:I just wish Sky would stay away from the political arena but such a big media like them it is not going to happen.

I am no fan of Sky (at all!) but it was Le Tissier who used his influential platform to push conspiracy theories. Sky didn't bring up the stuff Le Tissier started spouting out so you can hardly blame them for firing him when he started spouting that the people with COVID in Italy were all paid crisis actors and denied war crimes and said that media reporting in the Ukraine were making up massacres (Matt... my colleagues are on the ground, the media is not making up massacres!)

If he had just said he was sceptical of the vaccine because of the huge profits the pharma agencies used, fine - we all have reservations and are cynical about pharma... but he didn't and started to push more and more obscure conspiracy theories

So as a private company Sky had every right to fire him.

He should have stuck to football, he was a good player and had a reasonable knowledge of the game with a few good stories about how he didn't train or run much but was blessed with good ability, he was OK at that and had some knowledge about it.

He was no Merson, but he was OK.

Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:15 pm

Matt is Great sky are not they are full of Woke Morons who would sell their soul to the devil for the right price.

BLM are Evil

Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:11 am

He is a big loss to Sky. Soccer Saturday isn't the same without them.