Cardiff City Forum

Switch to full style

A forum for all things Cardiff City
Post a reply

Juventus 'give up hope' of Ramsey sale Juventus have repor

Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:08 am

Juventus 'give up hope' of Ramsey sale

Juventus have reportedly "given up hope" of selling Aaron Ramsey.

Reports in Italy claim Juve firmly believe they will not be able to recoup any cash on the Wales star, who still has one year left to run on his deal in Turin. Following a mixed loan stint with Rangers, Ramsey's career appears to be at a crossroads, while he is odds-on to return to Cardiff if his contract is ripped up.

However, Calciomercato now report that Juve are looking more and more likely to allow the player to run down his megabucks contract and leave on a free transfer. If that is the case, then Cardiff's hopes of signing him this summer would surely be over.

It is also being reported one potential stumbling block is a fee of €2.8million which would be due to the playmaker's agent owing to the player triggering a clause in his contract last year.

Re: Juventus 'give up hope' of Ramsey sale Juventus have re

Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:55 pm

I think they know he wants to be match fit for the world cup & are going to use it as their bargaining chip to get him to play ball with them over his release or he can rot at Juve & collect the money his contract says he's owed. Doesn't mean it's right but they have no reason to be nice about it.

Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:10 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:I think they know he wants to be match fit for the world cup & are going to use it as their bargaining chip to get him to play ball with them over his release or he can rot at Juve & collect the money his contract says he's owed. Doesn't mean it's right but they have no reason to be nice about it.

Not sure what this story indicates as surely losing 3 million is better than losing 6million or whatever his wages are if he stays... only option is a loan and ncastle best bet to pay him 200k a week half his wages... other than them cannot see a loan deal happening.... more to come out no doubt.

Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:10 pm

It’s a bit of a gamble on Juve’s part isn’t it ?

They could be left with a multi million pound wage on their budget for someone who they don’t want.

Surely they’d be better off releasing him or even loaning him on a % of his wages to someone?

Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:18 pm

piledriver64 wrote:It’s a bit of a gamble on Juve’s part isn’t it ?

They could be left with a multi million pound wage on their budget for someone who they don’t want.

Surely they’d be better off releasing him or even loaning him on a % of his wages to someone?

Releasing a player is a two way thing though. They will still have to pay up his remaining wages less what Ramsey is willing to give up to get out of the contract.

Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:24 pm

Wayne S wrote:

Releasing a player is a two way thing though. They will still have to pay up his remaining wages less what Ramsey is willing to give up to get out of the contract.

Let Him GO...Let Him GO ....

Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:42 am

Wayne S wrote:

Good point, although I was presuming that Ramsey and Juve would come to an agreement that would save Juve some significant money on his wages. I guess it's all about how much Ramsey thinks he needs regular football before the World Cup ?

To be honest, I'm not really thinking of this from a Cardiff perspective because I really think he could do a very good job at Premier level still, but I suppose that depends on his general fitness more than anything else.

Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:54 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

Good point, although I was presuming that Ramsey and Juve would come to an agreement that would save Juve some significant money on his wages. I guess it's all about how much Ramsey thinks he needs regular football before the World Cup ?

To be honest, I'm not really thinking of this from a Cardiff perspective because I really think he could do a very good job at Premier level still, but I suppose that depends on his general fitness more than anything else.

Rambo is more injury prone than GB so be surprised if top end club will want pay him even 200k a week (hes on 400k) so options slightly limited in that respect .... f6oes he want to play bottom half premier league or does he do what he said and that's play for city all be it lot earlier than he envisaged... GB could be a deciding factor as close friends plus family back in Cardiff bit like GB ... oh for definitive answers to where they're going..
Post a reply