Cardiff club officials are blaming Ralls

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:54 am

Joe Ralls absent from Cardiff City's pre-season preparations as deal impasse remains

The Bluebirds kick-off their pre-season training in earnest at their Vale of Glamorgan training base

Cardiff City's players will report for pre-season training on Wednesday and it will be a very different group to the one which walked off the pitch at Pride Park on the final day of last season. Almost unrecognisable, in fact.

Joe Ralls absent from Cardiff City's pre-season preparations as deal impasse remains

Joe Ralls is still yet to sign the contract which has been put to him by Cardiff. Some might think that, due him to being under contract until the end of this month, he will be there for day one of pre-season training this week. However, WalesOnline understands that won't be the case.

While Ralls and the club remain at an impasse over his deal, the player will not be taking part in pre-season preparations.

Club officials say Ralls has been offered a new contract, so it’s down to him to accept.

But surely it’s how good or bad the offer is?
I know for a fact Ralls wants to stay and he and his family don’t want to leave Cardiff, but he also has a family to support and do the best for them.
Steve Morison wants Ralls to stay, but his hands are tied on the wages.
Just can’t make out Ralls is at fault.

Funny the same officials always says it the players fault on how they end up leaving??

Cardiff are adamant the ball is now in Ralls' court and has been since they put the contract to him some months ago some time. The club believe they have offered the 28-year-old midfielder the best deal they possibly can, one which would make him the highest-paid player at the club as things stand.

They deny that they offered Ralls quarter of his previous salary?
Attachments
46D1270B-3AB0-499E-A5AB-E5538B5A5578.jpeg
46D1270B-3AB0-499E-A5AB-E5538B5A5578.jpeg (45.23 KiB) Viewed 8165 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Cardiff club officials are blaming Ralls

Postby City slicker27 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:12 am

Hardly blaming Ralls is it, just stating a fact. If the club have offered him the best deal financially possible, then the ball is very much in Ralls court.

I like Joe and we could really do with his experience next season. But the club are right not to break its wage structure just to meet his demands.
City slicker27

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:24 am

We've offered him a fair deal.

If he thinks he can do better elsewhere then good luck to him.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:27 am

City slicker27 wrote:Hardly blaming Ralls is it, just stating a fact. If the club have offered him the best deal financially possible, then the ball is very much in Ralls court.

I like Joe and we could really do with his experience next season. But the club are right not to break its wage structure just to meet his demands.

Hes got a choice but get impression not many if any clubs have called his agent otherwise he would say not signing and move on... even if club offered him a quarter of his previous wages its clubs prerogative to do so and his choice to accept or walk away that's how football works.
pembroke allan

Postby moonboots » Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:12 pm

City slicker27 wrote:Hardly blaming Ralls is it, just stating a fact. If the club have offered him the best deal financially possible, then the ball is very much in Ralls court.

Nicely summed up. Can't see that Ralls is being blamed at all, but if an offer has been made the ball is in his court. He needs to make a decision.
moonboots

Postby MikeP » Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:21 pm

Why hang on just get rid he's acting as if he Renaldo maybe he has been with the City many years but on last seasons performance he needs to think again doesent seem many if any clubs have come in for him. Take on what's offer
MikeP

Postby Stan_B » Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:22 pm

Until either side actually says what he has been offered we don't know the full story. I think we know it definitely will be a lot less than the £24k he's getting now. City don't want to disrupt their new pay structure but in his head he will have a figure that he thinks he's worth.

There is a rumour that he was offered £12k with a 3 year contract but wanted £14k. Could be totally bollocks but if true considering his age and the new wage structure that would not be a bad deal. It is likely that would put him in the top 3 earners at the club.
Stan_B

Postby stickywicket » Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:23 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:We've offered him a fair deal.

If he thinks he can do better elsewhere then good luck to him.

Spot on
stickywicket

Postby nojac » Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:27 pm

Let's say he's been offered £10k maybe less ? In my opinion , if he was paid £25k previously , he was a very lucky boy . He's holding out for more money obviously (new contract) , but there can't be a better offer out there , otherwise he would be off.
He needs to be careful , he doesn't alienate the fans by appearing greedy !
nojac

Postby piledriver64 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:34 pm

nojac wrote:Let's say he's been offered £10k maybe less ? In my opinion , if he was paid £25k previously , he was a very lucky boy . He's holding out for more money obviously (new contract) , but there can't be a better offer out there , otherwise he would be off.
He needs to be careful , he doesn't alienate the fans by appearing greedy !

Spot on ! The fact that he’s still here demonstrates he hasn’t had a much better offer elsewhere so the offer he’s had from us is pretty reasonable.

If I was the club i’d say he’s had long enough to consider so take the offer off the table. Time for us to move on.
piledriver64

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:41 pm

Footballers in general need to get their heads out of the clouds

We are currently in the middle of a cost of living crisis where millions of people are struggling to feed their kids and heat their homes

Like every single person on this forum I have no idea what the club have offered Ralls but we can assume it will be somewhere around £10k a week which is £1.6 million over 3 years which is a figure most ordinary people can only dream of

So, I would suggest that Ralls either signs his lucrative contract or moves on, otherwise he will quickly alienate the fans if this drags on for weeks
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby NPCF3 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:47 pm

I wouldn't say the club are "blaming" Ralls. Like has been mentioned, they've put the ball in his court, it is all down to him.

I think Ralls gets the best out of us as a club and we get the best out of him, but no trouble in him taking his time, it's a big decision. I hope the club stands firm on their valuation if it is reasonable and there's no trouble with Ralls he's an honest pro making a tough choice right now. :thumbup:
NPCF3

Postby Pencoed » Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:47 pm

Tough one Ralls is a good championship player with loads of experience but far from irreplaceable.
The club need to weigh up how much more it will cost to keep him against how much it will cost to replace him.
An experienced championship midfield is probably gonna cost at least 750k plus wages agent fees, if you get one on a free they'll want a hefty signing on fee.
Pencoed

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:59 pm

Agree with everything states above. Nowhere does it blame Ralls, he now has a decision to make.

If he has a contract until the end of the month and doesn't appear for training before then, we should get rid.
JasonFowler1991

Postby Wayne S » Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:07 pm

I cannot actually find the word blame or blaming in that whole piece.

It's all guesswork by press and fans.

It's simple, he has a 30th June deadline. We will know by then.
Wayne S

Postby OliverTwistCymru » Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:35 pm

I like Ralls and would like him to stay, £12k a week is more than fair.

He looked better last season, as no one covered themselves in glory.

Come on Joe, make a decision one way or the other......
OliverTwistCymru

Postby llan bluebird » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:18 pm

I want Joe to stay i think he is a decent player but his last contract was based upon his age and the saleability factor. He still had the potential as a 25-year-old to be poached by a bigger club with a decent transfer to boot. That ship has sailed.

I guess one of the wealthier clubs could easily match our offer as a squad player but does he want that ?

Is he seeing if the hype around Bales & Rambo is real ?

Then you have to think about bonuses and clauses. Is there a relegation clause, a release clause, a promotion wage increase

He is a contractor, an expensive one, but a contractor. What is the best way to secure the best price for his services? If it was me I have more chance of a mega promotion bonus is Gazza and Rambo are somehow in my team.......

I would wait until the last day, then sign but I am a Cardiff City fan and I pay to watch and suffer.
llan bluebird

Postby wez1927 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:59 pm

Apparently the offer is making him yhe highest player atm in the club
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Stan_B » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:59 pm

wez1927 wrote:Apparently the offer is making him yhe highest player atm in the club

If Bacuna is going (I thought his contract ran until June 2023) then a salary of £12k would make Ralls the top earner for the next year. Wintle & Collins on £11k and everyone else is under £10k. Drastic measures!
Stan_B

Postby wez1927 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:18 pm

Stan_B wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Apparently the offer is making him yhe highest player atm in the club

If Bacuna is going (I thought his contract ran until June 2023) then a salary of £12k would make Ralls the top earner for the next year. Wintle & Collins on £11k and everyone else is under £10k. Drastic measures!

Bacuna has been released this summer his contract ended ,ive heard its more than 12k he was offered.
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby pipster » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:52 am

A Pound in the pocket is worth 2 somewhere else. If he can get a better deakl here or elsewhere then he needs to take it, but there comes a time when he has to say yes or no. The fact he is holding out will alert other clubs and Im sure his agent has been touting him. But if no one comes in and the only offer on the table is the current deal - then unfortunately that is what his market worth is, it's business and everyone accepts that , even Ralls will have to.
pipster

Return to General Chat