Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' BALE AGENT NOW NEGOTIATING WITH DALMAN - BBC '

Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:52 pm

Now this is getting interesting chaps, as 5-time Champions League winner 'home-coming' moves closer...

Cardiff City have held talks with Gareth Bale's representatives as they step up their efforts to sign the out-of-contract Wales captain.

Bale, 32, is available on a free transfer having left Real Madrid.

His representatives have confirmed to BBC Sport Wales that they are in negotiations with Cardiff chairman Mehmet Dalman.

However, the deal is not yet done and Bale's agents are also "still in talks with lots of other clubs".

The five-time Champions League winner has been linked with a move to a Major League Soccer team in the United States, as well as a return to Tottenham.

As improbable as dropping down to the Championship might seem for a man who joined Real Madrid for a then world-record fee of £85m in 2013, Cardiff are a realistic option.

Bale was born and raised in Cardiff and his primary focus is leading Wales in their first World Cup since 1958 later this year.

Cardiff share a training ground with the Football Association of Wales, which would allow Bale to continue working closely with Wales' medical and fitness staff.

His family still live in the Welsh capital, and then there is the theory that Bale might be able to be more selective with which games he plays for Cardiff - as opposed to a Premier League team - in preparation for the World Cup.

At Real, Bale earned £600,000 per week, more than the weekly wage bill of Cardiff's entire first-team squad.

But according to those close to Bale, money is not the most important factor with Wales' World Cup campaign, which begins in November, in mind.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61900047
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' BALE AGENT NOW NEGOTIATING WITH DALMAN - BBC '

Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:58 pm

Also talking to other clubs which is a little worrying.

Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:07 pm

If it is about money and playing at as high a level possible then we will not be in with chance However if it’s not about money but being close to family and being home within 15 mins from training ground and have more time with his family then we are in prime position.
The reasons he will go for us will mostly be for non football related issues and no other club can offer those as well as we can

Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:08 pm

There is No way Dalman can fail. No one could fail getting one of the biggest names in football for nothing.

Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:10 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Also talking to other clubs which is a little worrying.

For Bale and his agent to be physically negotiating face to face suggests to me that the situation is advancing in our favour. Most preliminary meetings will be via video, such as the talks with other clubs, so for a meeting of this nature to take place, they must be discussing the finer details. Let's hope so anyway.

Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:12 pm

Could be agent speak , Ned.

Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:12 pm

We are his preference, Ned :thumbup:

It's now all down to our club (Dalman) sealing the deal by giving him what he wants to prepare for his personal Nirvana, i.e. the World Cup

Having Gareth at our club would give club, city and country (one jealous town apart) a huge boost for a variety of reasons

We need to make hay while the sun shines... :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:18 pm

I've been having an occasional look at the jerks forum and they are absolutely hating all of this and have their arses in their hands. I love it. We get everything (hopefully).

Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:26 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:I've been having an occasional look at the jerks forum and they are absolutely hating all of this and have their arses in their hands. I love it. We get everything (hopefully).

I'll reserve comment until it's a done deal, mate; but I doubt we'll get a new 'Jealous Jack' handle comingon, when/if it does... ;) :lol:

Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:27 pm

Would be remiss of his agent not to get a few different options thrashed out to present to Bale.

I don't think it'll change things for us though.

Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:28 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Andrew i think it is down to agent getting the best deal off city :thumbup:

Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:32 pm

WORCESTER CCFC

i said the other day would the agent think he is doing his own C.V. letting bale go to little old cardiff unless of course bale has instructed him what he wants.

Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:42 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:

For Bale and his agent to be physically negotiating face to face suggests to me that the situation is advancing in our favour. Most preliminary meetings will be via video, such as the talks with other clubs, so for a meeting of this nature to take place, they must be discussing the finer details. Let's hope so anyway.

Very good points actually, agree let's hope that's the case.

Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:42 pm

Sven wrote:

It's now all down to our club (Dalman) sealing the deal by giving him what he wants to prepare for his personal Nirvana, i.e. the World Cup

Having Gareth at our club would give club, city and country (one jealous town apart) a huge boost for a variety of reasons

Also good points Chris, let's hope we can conclude this quickly :bluebird:

Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:43 pm

montyblue wrote:WORCESTER CCFC

i said the other day would the agent think he is doing his own C.V. letting bale go to little old cardiff unless of course bale has instructed him what he wants.

If he signs for us I would guess that would be under Bale's instructions but if he goes elsewhere then his agent had heavier involvement.

Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:54 pm

Igovernor wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Andrew i think it is down to agent getting the best deal off city :thumbup:

…and that’s understandable Rog tbf.

Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:14 pm

Skybet now offering 4/11 for Cardiff to be his next club.

Surely not even Dalman can mess this up.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:17 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Also, the agent won’t say ‘we’re not talking to anyone else as we want it to be Cardiff’. :bluescarf: :thumbup:

Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:There is No way Dalman can fail. No one could fail getting one of the biggest names in football for nothing.

If anyone can feck it up, Dalman can!

Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:30 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Sven wrote:

Bigger queues for expensive pints aswell :banghead:

Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:51 pm

It’s 100% happening barring a major last minute cockup.

Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:55 pm

M4 Exile wrote:It’s 100% happening barring a major last minute cockup.

Says who? :bluebird:

Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:00 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Sven wrote:

Bigger queues for expensive pints aswell :banghead:

I don't think what they serve is worth queuing up for now...

Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:25 pm

Be interesting to find out what GB actually wants, ie post World Cup….

Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:45 pm

If Bale comes it's because he want to , if he doesn't it's down to him

Can't blame anyone at city

If he signs they won't get any credit either , damned if they do damned if they don't

Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:48 pm

NIBluebird wrote:If Bale comes it's because he want to , if he doesn't it's down to him

If he signs they won't get any credit either , damned if they do damned if they don't

You seem like a decent bloke, often agree with your posts.

But sorry, I totally disagree here.

If this falls through, it's the fault of Dalman. The choice of Bale is us, he's made it too easy.

If anyone can f**k it up, it's Dalman.

Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:51 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
NIBluebird wrote:If Bale comes it's because he want to , if he doesn't it's down to him

You seem like a decent bloke, often agree with your posts.

But sorry, I totally disagree here.

If this falls through, it's the fault of Dalman. The choice of Bale is us, he's made it too easy.

If anyone can f**k it up, it's Dalman.

Agreed, if he's sat down with us, he obviously wants to come. If we don't get him from here, we have done something seriously wrong.

Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:51 pm

Absolutely spot on

Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:37 pm

Even if it doesn't happen, at this moment in time, the rumour is the gift that keeps on giving.

What's funnier than the Cardiff fans excitement on twitter?

Worldwide football fans, with no concept of anything but football, not being able to grasp someone choosing a club through love of his country and family.

From how dare he not play for money with a big club, to, how can Cardiff pay him 500k a week.

Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:54 pm

Nothing new on GB but apparently city made contact with Rambo .... Betty interesting .... c u later xxx