' BALE AGENT NOW NEGOTIATING WITH DALMAN - BBC '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' BALE AGENT NOW NEGOTIATING WITH DALMAN - BBC '

Postby GrangeEndStar » Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:52 pm

Now this is getting interesting chaps, as 5-time Champions League winner 'home-coming' moves closer...


Cardiff City have held talks with Gareth Bale's representatives as they step up their efforts to sign the out-of-contract Wales captain.

Bale, 32, is available on a free transfer having left Real Madrid.

His representatives have confirmed to BBC Sport Wales that they are in negotiations with Cardiff chairman Mehmet Dalman.

However, the deal is not yet done and Bale's agents are also "still in talks with lots of other clubs".

The five-time Champions League winner has been linked with a move to a Major League Soccer team in the United States, as well as a return to Tottenham.

As improbable as dropping down to the Championship might seem for a man who joined Real Madrid for a then world-record fee of £85m in 2013, Cardiff are a realistic option.

Bale was born and raised in Cardiff and his primary focus is leading Wales in their first World Cup since 1958 later this year.

Cardiff share a training ground with the Football Association of Wales, which would allow Bale to continue working closely with Wales' medical and fitness staff.

His family still live in the Welsh capital, and then there is the theory that Bale might be able to be more selective with which games he plays for Cardiff - as opposed to a Premier League team - in preparation for the World Cup.

At Real, Bale earned £600,000 per week, more than the weekly wage bill of Cardiff's entire first-team squad.

But according to those close to Bale, money is not the most important factor with Wales' World Cup campaign, which begins in November, in mind.


https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61900047
Attachments
_125580350_gettyimages-1241050035.jpg
_125580350_gettyimages-1241050035.jpg (55.62 KiB) Viewed 8141 times
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
User avatar
GrangeEndStar
 
Posts: 7013
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:41 pm

' BALE AGENT NOW NEGOTIATING WITH DALMAN - BBC '

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' BALE AGENT NOW NEGOTIATING WITH DALMAN - BBC '

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:58 pm

Also talking to other clubs which is a little worrying.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
User avatar
worcester_ccfc
Admin
 
Posts: 18176
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:30 am

Re: ' BALE AGENT NOW NEGOTIATING WITH DALMAN - BBC '

Postby Abergavenny » Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:07 pm

If it is about money and playing at as high a level possible then we will not be in with chance However if it’s not about money but being close to family and being home within 15 mins from training ground and have more time with his family then we are in prime position.
The reasons he will go for us will mostly be for non football related issues and no other club can offer those as well as we can
Abergavenny
 
Posts: 548
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:13 am

Re: ' BALE AGENT NOW NEGOTIATING WITH DALMAN - BBC '

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:08 pm

There is No way Dalman can fail. No one could fail getting one of the biggest names in football for nothing.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 145226
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: ' BALE AGENT NOW NEGOTIATING WITH DALMAN - BBC '

Postby GrangeEndStar » Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:10 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Also talking to other clubs which is a little worrying.


For Bale and his agent to be physically negotiating face to face suggests to me that the situation is advancing in our favour. Most preliminary meetings will be via video, such as the talks with other clubs, so for a meeting of this nature to take place, they must be discussing the finer details. Let's hope so anyway.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
User avatar
GrangeEndStar
 
Posts: 7013
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:41 pm

Re: ' BALE AGENT NOW NEGOTIATING WITH DALMAN - BBC '

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:12 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Also talking to other clubs which is a little worrying.

Could be agent speak , Ned.
bluebirdoct1962
 
Posts: 7384
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:39 am

Re: ' BALE AGENT NOW NEGOTIATING WITH DALMAN - BBC '

Postby Sven » Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:12 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Also talking to other clubs which is a little worrying.

We are his preference, Ned :thumbup:

It's now all down to our club (Dalman) sealing the deal by giving him what he wants to prepare for his personal Nirvana, i.e. the World Cup

Having Gareth at our club would give club, city and country (one jealous town apart) a huge boost for a variety of reasons

We need to make hay while the sun shines... :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:
"Recreational offence". In short, if you're the kind of person who spends valuable time looking to be offended, it's offensive.
User avatar
Sven
Moderator
 
Posts: 23769
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Re: ' BALE AGENT NOW NEGOTIATING WITH DALMAN - BBC '

Postby GrangeEndStar » Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:18 pm

I've been having an occasional look at the jerks forum and they are absolutely hating all of this and have their arses in their hands. I love it. We get everything (hopefully).
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
User avatar
GrangeEndStar
 
Posts: 7013
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:41 pm

Re: ' BALE AGENT NOW NEGOTIATING WITH DALMAN - BBC '

Postby Sven » Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:26 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:I've been having an occasional look at the jerks forum and they are absolutely hating all of this and have their arses in their hands. I love it. We get everything (hopefully).

I'll reserve comment until it's a done deal, mate; but I doubt we'll get a new 'Jealous Jack' handle comingon, when/if it does... ;) :lol:
"Recreational offence". In short, if you're the kind of person who spends valuable time looking to be offended, it's offensive.
User avatar
Sven
Moderator
 
Posts: 23769
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Re: ' BALE AGENT NOW NEGOTIATING WITH DALMAN - BBC '

Postby Aramore » Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:27 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Also talking to other clubs which is a little worrying.


Would be remiss of his agent not to get a few different options thrashed out to present to Bale.

I don't think it'll change things for us though.
64JACK wrote:
ThomasC wrote: :lol: your my favourite poster :ayatollah:

Actually, your mine as well! The avator clinches it for me, as sometimes I do imagine I'm talking too a sensible lemon in sunglasses! :laughing6:
User avatar
Aramore
 
Posts: 5791
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:36 pm
Location: Yeovil

Re: ' BALE AGENT NOW NEGOTIATING WITH DALMAN - BBC '

Postby Igovernor » Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:28 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Also talking to other clubs which is a little worrying.

Could be agent speak , Ned.

Andrew i think it is down to agent getting the best deal off city :thumbup:
User avatar
Igovernor
Moderator
 
Posts: 6876
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:17 am

Re: ' BALE AGENT NOW NEGOTIATING WITH DALMAN - BBC '

Postby montyblue » Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:32 pm

WORCESTER CCFC

i said the other day would the agent think he is doing his own C.V. letting bale go to little old cardiff unless of course bale has instructed him what he wants.
montyblue
 
Posts: 3255
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:13 pm

Re: ' BALE AGENT NOW NEGOTIATING WITH DALMAN - BBC '

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:42 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Also talking to other clubs which is a little worrying.


For Bale and his agent to be physically negotiating face to face suggests to me that the situation is advancing in our favour. Most preliminary meetings will be via video, such as the talks with other clubs, so for a meeting of this nature to take place, they must be discussing the finer details. Let's hope so anyway.


Very good points actually, agree let's hope that's the case.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
User avatar
worcester_ccfc
Admin
 
Posts: 18176
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:30 am

Re: ' BALE AGENT NOW NEGOTIATING WITH DALMAN - BBC '

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:42 pm

Sven wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Also talking to other clubs which is a little worrying.

We are his preference, Ned :thumbup:

It's now all down to our club (Dalman) sealing the deal by giving him what he wants to prepare for his personal Nirvana, i.e. the World Cup

Having Gareth at our club would give club, city and country (one jealous town apart) a huge boost for a variety of reasons

We need to make hay while the sun shines... :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:


Also good points Chris, let's hope we can conclude this quickly :bluebird:
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
User avatar
worcester_ccfc
Admin
 
Posts: 18176
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:30 am

Re: ' BALE AGENT NOW NEGOTIATING WITH DALMAN - BBC '

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:43 pm

montyblue wrote:WORCESTER CCFC

i said the other day would the agent think he is doing his own C.V. letting bale go to little old cardiff unless of course bale has instructed him what he wants.


If he signs for us I would guess that would be under Bale's instructions but if he goes elsewhere then his agent had heavier involvement.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
User avatar
worcester_ccfc
Admin
 
Posts: 18176
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:30 am

Re: ' BALE AGENT NOW NEGOTIATING WITH DALMAN - BBC '

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:54 pm

Igovernor wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Also talking to other clubs which is a little worrying.

Could be agent speak , Ned.

Andrew i think it is down to agent getting the best deal off city :thumbup:

…and that’s understandable Rog tbf.
bluebirdoct1962
 
Posts: 7384
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:39 am

Re: ' BALE AGENT NOW NEGOTIATING WITH DALMAN - BBC '

Postby castleblue » Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:14 pm

Skybet now offering 4/11 for Cardiff to be his next club.

Surely not even Dalman can mess this up.


:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
User avatar
castleblue
 
Posts: 6065
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:21 pm
Location: Caerphilly

Re: ' BALE AGENT NOW NEGOTIATING WITH DALMAN - BBC '

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:17 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Also talking to other clubs which is a little worrying.

Could be agent speak , Ned.

Also, the agent won’t say ‘we’re not talking to anyone else as we want it to be Cardiff’. :bluescarf: :thumbup:
bluebirdoct1962
 
Posts: 7384
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:39 am

Re: ' BALE AGENT NOW NEGOTIATING WITH DALMAN - BBC '

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:There is No way Dalman can fail. No one could fail getting one of the biggest names in football for nothing.


If anyone can feck it up, Dalman can!
Soldiers willingly, sometimes foolishly, risk their own lives to keep their comrades out of enemy hands.
1980s Bluebird
 
Posts: 1541
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:37 pm

Re: ' BALE AGENT NOW NEGOTIATING WITH DALMAN - BBC '

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:30 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Sven wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Also talking to other clubs which is a little worrying.

We are his preference, Ned :thumbup:

It's now all down to our club (Dalman) sealing the deal by giving him what he wants to prepare for his personal Nirvana, i.e. the World Cup

Having Gareth at our club would give club, city and country (one jealous town apart) a huge boost for a variety of reasons

We need to make hay while the sun shines... :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:


Also good points Chris, let's hope we can conclude this quickly :bluebird:


Bigger queues for expensive pints aswell :banghead:
Soldiers willingly, sometimes foolishly, risk their own lives to keep their comrades out of enemy hands.
1980s Bluebird
 
Posts: 1541
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:37 pm

Re: ' BALE AGENT NOW NEGOTIATING WITH DALMAN - BBC '

Postby M4 Exile » Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:51 pm

It’s 100% happening barring a major last minute cockup.
M4 Exile
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:37 am

Re: ' BALE AGENT NOW NEGOTIATING WITH DALMAN - BBC '

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:55 pm

M4 Exile wrote:It’s 100% happening barring a major last minute cockup.


Says who? :bluebird:
Soldiers willingly, sometimes foolishly, risk their own lives to keep their comrades out of enemy hands.
1980s Bluebird
 
Posts: 1541
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:37 pm

Re: ' BALE AGENT NOW NEGOTIATING WITH DALMAN - BBC '

Postby New Day Rising » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:00 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Sven wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Also talking to other clubs which is a little worrying.

We are his preference, Ned :thumbup:

It's now all down to our club (Dalman) sealing the deal by giving him what he wants to prepare for his personal Nirvana, i.e. the World Cup

Having Gareth at our club would give club, city and country (one jealous town apart) a huge boost for a variety of reasons

We need to make hay while the sun shines... :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:


Also good points Chris, let's hope we can conclude this quickly :bluebird:


Bigger queues for expensive pints aswell :banghead:


I don't think what they serve is worth queuing up for now...
New Day Rising
 
Posts: 453
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:29 pm

Re: ' BALE AGENT NOW NEGOTIATING WITH DALMAN - BBC '

Postby goats » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:25 pm

Be interesting to find out what GB actually wants, ie post World Cup….
User avatar
goats
 
Posts: 2630
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:09 pm

Re: ' BALE AGENT NOW NEGOTIATING WITH DALMAN - BBC '

Postby NIBluebird » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:45 pm

If Bale comes it's because he want to , if he doesn't it's down to him

Can't blame anyone at city

If he signs they won't get any credit either , damned if they do damned if they don't
NIBluebird
 
Posts: 6168
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:42 pm

Re: ' BALE AGENT NOW NEGOTIATING WITH DALMAN - BBC '

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:48 pm

NIBluebird wrote:If Bale comes it's because he want to , if he doesn't it's down to him

Can't blame anyone at city

If he signs they won't get any credit either , damned if they do damned if they don't


You seem like a decent bloke, often agree with your posts.

But sorry, I totally disagree here.

If this falls through, it's the fault of Dalman. The choice of Bale is us, he's made it too easy.

If anyone can f**k it up, it's Dalman.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
User avatar
worcester_ccfc
Admin
 
Posts: 18176
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:30 am

Re: ' BALE AGENT NOW NEGOTIATING WITH DALMAN - BBC '

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:51 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
NIBluebird wrote:If Bale comes it's because he want to , if he doesn't it's down to him

Can't blame anyone at city

If he signs they won't get any credit either , damned if they do damned if they don't


You seem like a decent bloke, often agree with your posts.

But sorry, I totally disagree here.

If this falls through, it's the fault of Dalman. The choice of Bale is us, he's made it too easy.

If anyone can f**k it up, it's Dalman.


Agreed, if he's sat down with us, he obviously wants to come. If we don't get him from here, we have done something seriously wrong.
JasonFowler1991
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:04 pm

Re: ' BALE AGENT NOW NEGOTIATING WITH DALMAN - BBC '

Postby theclaw » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:51 pm

NIBluebird wrote:If Bale comes it's because he want to , if he doesn't it's down to him

Can't blame anyone at city

If he signs they won't get any credit either , damned if they do damned if they don't

Absolutely spot on
theclaw
 
Posts: 3497
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:09 pm

Re: ' BALE AGENT NOW NEGOTIATING WITH DALMAN - BBC '

Postby Wayne S » Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:37 pm

Even if it doesn't happen, at this moment in time, the rumour is the gift that keeps on giving.

What's funnier than the Cardiff fans excitement on twitter?

Worldwide football fans, with no concept of anything but football, not being able to grasp someone choosing a club through love of his country and family.

From how dare he not play for money with a big club, to, how can Cardiff pay him 500k a week.
User avatar
Wayne S
 
Posts: 8867
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:51 am

Re: ' BALE AGENT NOW NEGOTIATING WITH DALMAN - BBC '

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:54 pm

Nothing new on GB but apparently city made contact with Rambo .... Betty interesting .... c u later xxx
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 27409
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Next


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Abergavenny, Big Hill Blue, Bluebird For Life, bluebirdcity, bluebirdoct1962, Carpman, ccfcblue1980, Clusterman, davids, Don Keydick, Einstein, evil c, Google [Bot], Handbridge Blue, mike44blue, nobby, papa, wez1927, Willo Cardiff, Yahoo [Bot] and 479 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.