Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bale on a short term contract ?

Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:17 pm

There is lots of speculation about Bale wanting a short term contract until November (the World Cup) as reported on sky and other media outlets, I have also seen it mentioned on here ?

Am I the only one that is concerned if this is true ?

Don’t get me wrong, I want him here, but it has to be for the season and committed to city for the FULL season, otherwise surely it will be to the detriment of the squad if only here until the World Cup.

Ideally he would do 2 years here up until the euros, and if that is possible i can see us getting promoted with the quality the club could then attract over that time.

If its a 1 year contract then, again I would be happy, but until November I would have real concerns, anyone else think the same or am i missing something ?

Re: Bale on a short term contract ?

Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:43 am

The length of the contract is only paper talk. However, no. I wouldn't care.

Gareth Bale for any period of time at Cardiff City will help elevate the club. Whatever his motivations are, if he wants to be firing for the World Cup, he needs to be playing consistently, and even for only 3 months, that will help us win matches.

Anyone picking out a negative in this situation really needs to re-evaluate.

Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:01 am

I heard they have offered him a 2 year contract also to help with his coaching badges , Bale has said that he wants to play for as long as he can in a recent interview when asked about retirement so I'm not show it will be a short term contract.

Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:14 am

If he does come to Cardiff I reckon it will be until January, and then go to the Premiership for one last go.

Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:19 am

1 season with option of another.. :clap:

Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:19 am

Mike Strinati wrote:If he does come to Cardiff I reckon it will be until January, and then go to the Premiership for one last go.

This could be a way of allowing the club to fund his salary.

If we sign him to a 2 year contract and then offer him up for sale in January, we could set a fee of a few million. :lol:

Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:35 am

pembroke allan wrote:1 season with option of another.. :clap:

Makes sense

Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:52 am

pembroke allan wrote:1 season with option of another.. :clap:

It is :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:26 am

Mike Strinati wrote:If he does come to Cardiff I reckon it will be until January, and then go to the Premiership for one last go.

If Bale signs for us he might as well stay until May and the have his last go in the Premier League with us :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:10 am

Still favourites but odds have gone up a bit today to 5/6 on sky bet. :? Yesterday was Lower. Any MLS club is right on our tale at 1/1 :banghead:
Not sure how a longer contract 2 years etc.. would work financially for us. I hope it happens tho.