Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: UPDATED GUTTED“ 100% Gareth Bale “

Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:56 am

Forever Blue wrote:I WILL SAY ONCE AGAIN,WITHOUT A DOUBT GARETH BALE STILL WANTS TO SIGN FOR HIS HOMETOWN CARDIFF / THE DEAL IS DEPENDENT ON THE CLUB & THE AGENT GETTING THE BEST DEAL POSSIBLE THEY CAN FOR EACH PARTY.

I'm sure we will make him a really good offer what are his demands I wonder?

Everything is still in our favour our training ground and that of the Welsh FA are basically at the end of the garden, between us we can get him in top condition for the World Cup.

Come on Bale you know it makes sense to become a City and Wales Legend before you hang your boots up, just sign :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Last edited by Bluebina on Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:57 am

JulesK wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I WILL SAY ONCE AGAIN,WITHOUT A DOUBT GARETH BALE STILL WANTS TO SIGN FOR HIS HOMETOWN CARDIFF / THE DEAL IS DEPENDENT ON THE CLUB & THE AGENT GETTING THE BEST DEAL POSSIBLE THEY CAN FOR :bluebird: EACH PARTY.

Hopefully they can Annis as what a signature that would be but as you say it must be right for everyone.

Correct Jules

Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:00 am

Surely the club couldnt have expected to get sponsorship money ?

If he is playing for free or nopminal wages - then the match days crowds would be massive - that should have been enough for us. Bale is taking nothing from the club and we shouldnt take anything either - in my opinion.

And you never know - his performances may just be worth those extra wins instead of draws.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:13 am

Whoever this MLS club are they are very good at keeping things quiet.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:14 am

royalblue wrote:Whoever this MLS club are they are very good at keeping things quiet.

…if they indeed exist!!

Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:16 am

Forever Blue wrote:I WILL SAY ONCE AGAIN,WITHOUT A DOUBT GARETH BALE STILL WANTS TO SIGN FOR HIS HOMETOWN CARDIFF / THE DEAL IS DEPENDENT ON THE CLUB & THE AGENT GETTING THE BEST DEAL POSSIBLE THEY CAN FOR EACH PARTY.

If he wants to sign then he surely will, and if he doesn't it will be no one else's fault just Bales decision for whatever reason.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:17 am

nobby wrote:

If he wants to sign then he surely will, and if he doesn't it will be no one else's fault just Bales decision for whatever reason.

I was told a good few weeks ago he would sign but it would only be for 10 games :?:

Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:18 am

nobby wrote:

Far too simplistic mate. We’ve had 7 pages of trying to work out what’s going to happen. :bluescarf:

Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:29 am

If you look at the official pictures of Ralls and AR signing they were not done today or yesterday, they were done at least a few days ago as the squad went to Scotland yesterday or the day before.

Both signings came from out of the blue which means no leaks from the club or anywhere else.

Simply put no one knows what is happening and the club will let us know of any new signings when they are ready too.

The only strange thing for me is that 48hours ago Sky were running a piece on it, that must of come from somewhere, or it was as some people say lazy journalism which means egg on their faces.

My glimmer of hope is that neither Bale, the Club or his Agent have not said its a no, as surely they would have by now if it didn’t have legs ?

Lets all just chill out until we know for sure from one of the above.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:38 am

Everything is pure speculation. If not there are deliberate feeds or leaks to certain people to promote a cause.

In pure market value terms, we can not fund this deal. It's all about how much charity Gareth wants to give to a privately owned business.

GB is a very wealthy man and his agent has dealt with Spurs & Madrid as well as a host of international brands, he knows what he is doing, but he works for Gareth, and let's be clear on that, some of the posts on here are hysterical. GB is never going to get his fair market value from us, there are hundred of clubs who could give him that, but we are never one of them, even in Vinnys money days.

Let's be frank, he could probably get £5 million a year no sweat on a years contract

We just need to relax and hope

Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:38 am

Welsh Exile wrote:If you look at the official pictures of Ralls and AR signing they were not done today or yesterday, they were done at least a few days ago as the squad went to Scotland yesterday or the day before.

Both signings came from out of the blue which means no leaks from the club or anywhere else.

Simply put no one knows what is happening and the club will let us know of any new signings when they are ready too.

The only strange thing for me is that 48hours ago Sky were running a piece on it, that must of come from somewhere, or it was as some people say lazy journalism which means egg on their faces.

My glimmer of hope is that neither Bale, the Club or his Agent have not said its a no, as surely they would have by now if it didn’t have legs ?

They don’t travel to Scotland until tomorrow.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:45 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
royalblue wrote:Whoever this MLS club are they are very good at keeping things quiet.

…if they indeed exist!!
Exactly. Would of thought it would cause similar media hype as over here but nothing. I looked up DC Utd and L.A Galaxy and MLS rumours and nothing. I haven't got a clue whats going but it would make perfect sense that they are waiting for the kit deal to start with New Balance and the kits and they are using MLS club as a hold up tactic. If he does sign it will in July sometime. Not going to have him stood there not holding the new shirt if it happens. That's what makes sense to me. We need to just be patient and wait and see. I could be totally wrong.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:48 am

Need the new kit before they can do the stadium frontage as if Bale signed surely he would be on it with Ralls..... or Rambo ?? Lol.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:50 am

royalblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

…if they indeed exist!!
Exactly. Would of thought it would cause similar media hype as over here but nothing. I looked up DC Utd and L.A Galaxy and MLS rumours and nothing. I haven't got a clue whats going but it would make perfect sense that they are waiting for the kit deal to start with New Balance and the kits and they are using MLS club as a hold up tactic. If he does sign it will in July sometime. Not going to have him stood there not holding the new shirt if it happens. That's what makes sense to me. We need to just be patient and wait and see. I could be totally wrong.

…particularly if a major part of the deal is a % of kits / merchandise.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:56 am

Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:
Welsh Exile wrote:If you look at the official pictures of Ralls and AR signing they were not done today or yesterday, they were done at least a few days ago as the squad went to Scotland yesterday or the day before.

They don’t travel to Scotland until tomorrow.

My bad, but the rest of my post I will stand by :laughing6:

Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:04 pm

MLS 2/9 Cardiff 5/2 with Betfair. That’s the biggest swing in favour of MLS to date.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:49 pm

OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:MLS 2/9 Cardiff 5/2 with Betfair. That’s the biggest swing in favour of MLS to date.

Still no mention of specific club ? That's bonkers as could be a club he wont go to like toronto ect ... MLS is vastly different to saying odds on to go to any premier league team

Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:53 pm

OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:MLS 2/9 Cardiff 5/2 with Betfair. That’s the biggest swing in favour of MLS to date.

Could just be people jumping on the bandwagon.

We were 1/3 to sign him at one point.

Normally can only read much into it when something goes 1/10 or shorter. Although at one point Real Madrid were 1/20 to sign Kylian Mbappe :lol:

I'm still of the opinion that Bale going to the MLS makes very little sense due to their fixture calendar.

I'd still back him to sign for us partly for that reason (partly for other reasons), unless a Premier League club or top European club come in for him.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:05 pm

Football or soccer players as they call it barely warrant a raised eyebrow here no matter who they are unless they've been accused of something naughty with very few exceptions and Gareth Bale certainly wouldn't so that's no surprise.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:21 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:

Football or soccer players as they call it barely warrant a raised eyebrow here no matter who they are unless they've been accused of something naughty with very few exceptions and Gareth Bale certainly wouldn't so that's no surprise.

Understand if not in main media like basketball etc.. but within MLS circle I see rumours of other players in MLS but nothing on Bale. Surely Beckham and Rooney, Pirlo, Henry, Villa etc.. caused a bit of hype to MLS fans and rumours were flying around beforehand?

Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:35 pm

royalblue wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:

Understand if not in main media like basketball etc.. but within MLS circle I see rumours of other players in MLS but nothing on Bale. Surely Beckham and Rooney, Pirlo, Henry, Villa etc.. caused a bit of hype to MLS fans and rumours were flying around beforehand?

I get what you're saying but the ones you mention with the exception of Beckham weren't really noticed anywhere except hardcore MLS fans after they had signed as far as I'm aware.

Either way it makes no sense to me why he would want to come here with it being so far away from home unless he thinks he can be the next Becks.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:59 pm

Going to LAFC apparently. looks like a trustworthy source

https://twitter.com/tombogert/status/15 ... 6880381958

Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:17 pm

https://twitter.com/fabrizioromano/stat ... uMmULl7bEQ
:( :(

Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:20 pm

bluebadger wrote:Going to LAFC apparently. looks like a trustworthy source

https://twitter.com/tombogert/status/15 ... 6880381958

OK fair enough. Just hope it's not true, would be a shame. But in Bale's position if you had the money he's got would be a really cool place to live I guess. It's his life at the end of the day. We shall wait and see.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:21 pm

Not even as a Designated Player, so his wage won’t even be that high ($700k annual maximum)

It has 100% been bungled by the board not giving commercial profits, which is an incredibly shortsighted move.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:24 pm

Gutting if true
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:26 pm

Our rivals are gonna have a good laugh at our expense. :cry: Still done decent business got loan spaces available let's move on. :bluebird:

Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:34 pm

M4 Exile wrote:Not even as a Designated Player, so his wage won’t even be that high ($700k annual maximum)

It has 100% been bungled by the board not giving commercial profits, which is an incredibly shortsighted move.

board gave not bungled this up…
Bale and Agent led us a merry dance..

Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:35 pm

royalblue wrote:Our rivals are gonna have a good laugh at our expense. :cry: Still done decent business got loan spaces available let's move on. :bluebird:

How can anyone, such as our little cousins, sit in a shower of shit with pegs up their ass and laugh at anything else.....don't make sense. :bluebird:

Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:37 pm

It is not over yet, I do not belive that he is going to America :thumbup: