Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Been told tonight the club are presenting an improved

Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:12 am

Abergavenny wrote:So it looks like it really is all about the money Unless the hard ball is about playing time Some people stated he would play for nothing I don’t think that was ever the case

Who knows what the hold up is? Certainly none of us.

Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:53 am

Sounds like they are negotiating to me, nothing to worry about. I am sure Bale will be announced in good time...! :D

Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:55 am

We all know that Bale's agent is shrewd and plays the game. If Bale wanted to play for us (for free, as some have suggested) he'd already have signed. Clearly City and the MLS are being played off each other to get the best deal, which will probably include GB dictating a lot of factors around training/playing (and why not?) The question remains does he really want to do this in Cardiff or earn a bit more dollar doing it in the USA.. we'll wait and see..

Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:04 am

mjw6150 wrote:Sounds like they are negotiating to me, nothing to worry about. I am sure Bale will be announced in good time...! :D

I agree. Complicated doesn’t necessarily mean out of reach. It’s not like we’re going to say ‘This is our offer’ and Barnett is going to say ‘Great, we’ll sign’.

Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:10 am

Wales best plaer ever, there was always going to be negotiation, it was never i'll play for nothing, it was always going to be his agent saying we'll need this that and that. It will be cash in some form merchandise whatever, and bonus and conditions about how he is looked after, ie not playing at certain times to reduce the chance of injury prior to the World cup, his own and welsh FA medical team will be keep a close eye and protecting him.

We'll have to jump through some hoops but I had no doubt that the deal wouldn't be done now, Bales demands would have had to have been ridiculus for us to have let him walk.