Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Former Cardiff City loanee Jordi Osei-Tutu has left Arsenal

Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:26 am

Former Cardiff City loanee Jordi Osei-Tutu has left Arsenal to rejoin VFL Bochum permanently.

The right-back looked like a terrific pick-up for the Bluebirds two seasons ago, but a series of hamstring injuries ruined his campaign in south Wales. He went on loan to Nottingham Forest and then Rotherham United, where he earned promotion, last term.

Osei-Tutu had a loan spell with the German club before signing for Cardiff, for whom he made eight appearances, and enjoyed an excellent stint there, scoring five goals in 22 appearances.

And the 22-year-old has now joined them permanently and wrote a farewell message to Gunners fans on social media.

"I am privileged to be able to say I wore the Arsenal shirt," he said. "The last seven years have been a priceless experience. I will forever be grateful for all the experience and insight gained from the various managers and coaches I have worked under.

"And I would also like to thank the Arsenal fans who have always been supportive. Thank you Arsenal, you will always be in my heart. North London Is Red. But you know what they say; when another door closes another door opens.

"I am over the moon to be able to return to the club I fell in love with on loan VFL Bochum. Ever since leaving I have always dreamt of returning and I’m an delighted to once again put on this blue shirt. I am ready to work hard and fight for this wonderful club. I can’t wait to see all the fans again at the Vonovia Ruhrstadion."