Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bale to LA FC

Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:02 pm

It was always about money .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Bale to LA FC

Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:07 pm

The impact he would of had on this club would of been absolutely massive but unfortunately he's chosen the money. Time to move on :) let's go get rambo

Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:08 pm

Ah well onwards and upwards. Torches and pitchforks time with all the usual suspects looking for for someone to blame.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:14 pm

Bale signing for Cardiff would of done so much for his hometown club/City..
disappointing , but obviously he did t want to come here that much.. time to move on.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:19 pm

Bonner wrote:Bale signing for Cardiff would of done so much for his hometown club/City..
disappointing , but obviously he did t want to come here that much.. time to move on.

Agree all about the money with that one, if he goes there ,i wouldn't want him in the future ,he could of been a legend but now sadly just another money hungry mercenary.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:21 pm

Not even as a Designated Player, so his wage won’t even be that high ($700k annual maximum)

It has 100% been bungled by the board not giving commercial profits, which is an incredibly shortsighted move.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:21 pm

at least its all over now, be good to get rid of all the bale threads, be really interesting to find out what really happened, if we ever do.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:25 pm

M4 Exile wrote:Not even as a Designated Player, so his wage won’t even be that high ($700k annual maximum)

It has 100% been bungled by the board not giving commercial profits, which is an incredibly shortsighted move.

Sorry but you are talking through your brown hole. Know this for a fact do you?

Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:26 pm

Vincent Tan did step in then ;) part owner of LAFC or at least he was :)

Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:32 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
M4 Exile wrote:Not even as a Designated Player, so his wage won’t even be that high ($700k annual maximum)

Sorry but you are talking through your brown hole. Know this for a fact do you?

As of this time last week Bale was 100% intending on going to Cardiff. This has changed since his representatives have spoken to the club.

Club has had medical records for months and for a fact plans regarding family etc had been made with the assumption he was signing for Cardiff.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:33 pm

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/stat ... JictHyE_OQ

Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:34 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:Ah well onwards and upwards. Torches and pitchforks time with all the usual suspects looking for for someone to blame.

Oh yes, Ill look for someone to blame, and Im going to be sticking to my opinions, without someone like you thinking you 'stand for the masses', criticising and ridiculing posters as you always do.

Start thinking football and understand why people write things without trying to be clever all the time.

Yes, for me, the blame lies with Dalman, who will now try and make out how he tried to be the saviour of the deal.

For me, had Dalman not tried to scupper and milk this deal from the beginning, had he not tried to play the big power dealer and show everybidy who was boss, then Bale would not have been casting eyes to the States.

I believe those who say he wanted to come here, but if your not made to feel welcome or important at outset then who can blame him.

The biggest blunder in world football has just happened right here at Cardiff City.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:35 pm

Hes going to be the highest mls paid player so not sure where you got 700k from

Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:37 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Bonner wrote:Bale signing for Cardiff would of done so much for his hometown club/City..

Agree all about the money with that one, if he goes there ,i wouldn't want him in the future ,he could of been a legend but now sadly just another money hungry mercenary.

Had Dalman treates bale with respect from the get go, tiis wpuld not have been an issue.

Cue everyone slagging off Bale when there is every chance the culprit is sat in an office at the CCS or Monaco.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:40 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Hes going to be the highest mls paid player so not sure where you got 700k from

MLS salary rules. Limited amount of Designated Players in a squad that don’t require a salary cap. Bale is not one of them.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:41 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:Ah well onwards and upwards. Torches and pitchforks time with all the usual suspects looking for for someone to blame.

Oh yes, Ill look for someone to blame, and Im going to be sticking to my opinions, without someone like you thinking you 'stand for the masses', criticising and ridiculing posters as you always do.

Start thinking football and understand why people write things without trying to be clever all the time.

Yes, for me, the blame lies with Dalman, who will now try and make out how he tried to be the saviour of the deal.

For me, had Dalman not tried to scupper and milk this deal from the beginning, had he not tried to play the big power dealer and show everybidy who was boss, then Bale would not have been casting eyes to the States.

I believe those who say he wanted to come here, but if your not made to feel welcome or important at outset then who can blame him.

The biggest blunder in world football has just happened right here at Cardiff City.

Or maybe we just can't compete financially with the money on offer from the mls

Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:42 pm

Think most people in world if they had around 120m in the bank L.A or Cardiff where everyone knows you etc.. Think most would choose L.A. and the quiet life. Good luck to him if true. But more embarrassment for our club. Wish these rumours were cooled off earlier if it was never gonna happen. Let's move on. :bluescarf:

Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:42 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Had Dalman treates bale with respect from the get go, tiis wpuld not have been an issue.

Cue everyone slagging off Bale when there is every chance the culprit is sat in an office at the CCS or Monaco.

Rubbish ,you are only saying what you have been told 3rd hand

Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:43 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Can slag of anyone we like but at end day it was about money nothing more nothing less ! To say otherwise is being shortsighted and niave... perhaps we are all guilty of being niave thinking he wanted to come here for his affiliation with Cardiff ..

Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:44 pm

It was fun whilst it lasted, but it’s pretty clear that we were never an option for him if he’s willing to up sticks to America. Let’s hope he does get the game time he needs to get fully fit ready for the World Cup, and we as fans can forget the whole saga.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:50 pm

Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:It was fun whilst it lasted, but it’s pretty clear that we were never an option for him if he’s willing to up sticks to America. Let’s hope he does get the game time he needs to get fully fit ready for the World Cup, and we as fans can forget the whole saga.

I hope he doesnt expect to come to city to train after mls season finishes on oct 9th hes got 6 weeks to kill will he be match fit for wc after that?

Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:50 pm

It was fun whilst it lasted, but it’s fairly obvious we were never ab option if he is going to upsticks to America to play. Let’s hope he can get the fitness and game time required to be ready for the World Cup. And us as fans can move on as I’d imagine our board/manager already knew there was never a chance of us signing him.

Just a quick curveball and to start my own rumour we could always have him on loan until the start of the World Cup. Everyone’s a winner then!

Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:54 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

So your saying at no stage was there ever any blunders by the board?

At no stage did Actions by certain board members jeopardise this deal?

Are YOU sure about that?

In fairness, you appear to back this board unconditionally whatever they do, so whereas I admit to clearly being one end of the specrrum, you sir are completely the other end.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:00 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Are YOU sure about that?

In fairness, you appear to back this board unconditionally whatever they do, so whereas I admit to clearly being one end of the specrrum, you sir are completely the other end.

I thought he was coming but a respected journalist has just stated that we had no chance of signing him.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:07 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Are YOU sure about that?

Do you think money was motivating factor.? Or simply that Dalman fcked it up without any proof other than your blind dislike for the board?
Dont forget money was not suppose to be a factor but obviously that was wrongly stated by his agent

Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:11 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Are YOU sure about that?

It's simple we as a club were blown out of the water financially, the mls package is a reportedly 2 million dollars a month how the fook could cardiff compete with that .

Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:30 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Are YOU sure about that?

Do you think money was motivating factor.? Or simply that Dalman fcked it up without any proof other than your blind dislike for the board?
Dont forget money was not suppose to be a factor but obviously that was wrongly stated by his agent

Who knows, but my opinion is that money was not the motivating factor.

There are many esteemed posters, including moderators who have suggested that they had heard of boardroom errors, so apart from my blind hatred of this board, mine is not the only claim to this end.

We all choose who to believe, and the blame seems to be equally apportioned.

For me, if Bale didnt get the feeling he was loved or wanted; or if he was given the impression that the club were not excited by his arrival by certain members of the board, then no wonder he would walk away.

I wonder whether he too is asking the question 'how was this allowed to happen'

The 1972 Toshack debale pales into insignificance with our failure to land this deal of deals amongst world football.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:33 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Are YOU sure about that?

There are many esteemed posters, including moderators who have suggested that they had heard of boardroom errors, so apart from my blind hatred of this board, mine is not the only claim to this end.

For me, if Bale didnt get the feeling he was loved or wanted; or if he was given the impression that the club were not excited by his arrival by certain members of the board, then no wonder he would walk away.

The 1972 Toshack debale pales into insignificance with our failure to land this deal of deals amongst world football.

You have absolutely no idea. Not one :lol: you are basing your judgements off others from this board who also have no idea what has or hasn't happened over the last week. There is a desperate clamour to be itk there always has been. Stop taking everything you read on here as gospel.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:42 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Are YOU sure about that?

You have absolutely no idea. Not one :lol: you are basing your judgements off others from this board who also have no idea what has or hasn't happened over the last week. There is a desperate clamour to be itk there always has been. Stop taking everything you read on here as gospel.

That made me chuckle Paul, but you are speaking the truth. Nobody really is ITK these days. And it’s the best way for a club to be run. A very reputable football journalist who is very accurate has said we were never close, which to me suggest we were never an option. So everything that has been mentioned on this board over the last 3/4 days is utter nonsense.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:45 pm

Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Are YOU sure about that?

That made me chuckle Paul, but you are speaking the truth. Nobody really is ITK these days. And it’s the best way for a club to be run. A very reputable football journalist who is very accurate has said we were never close, which to me suggest we were never an option. So everything that has been mentioned on this board over the last 3/4 days is utter nonsense.

Agree ,me and others hear things 2nd or 3rd hand and pass it on here ,some of it might be true some of it Chinese whispers but its all fun :lol: