Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Now let's move on "

Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:23 pm

Logie wrote:Wanted him to come to Cardiff but i was worried we have a Ronaldo situation where he HAS to play.

To be honest its best for him and Wales,

a) Play in the championship, get kicked to death and smashed in tackles

b) go LA, play when u want, do what u want and get seen as a god

Do u think getting mega bucks in la means he doesnt have to play when they want him to? La more of a circus than ccfc could ever be.... full of plastic people with designer dogs with diamond collars around their necks...

Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:24 pm

The deal being done very quickly by #LAFC , and reported by @FabrizioRomano that we were never even close.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:25 pm

I mentioned once before (and got shot down) that bale had always told his friends he would never sign for Cardiff , he has no affiliation to the CLUB , they upset him when he was younger or something.
He's from Cardiff , but never supported or had much to do with the club after a certain age .
Time to move on.
Now Rambo on the other hand .......

Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:26 pm

Bluearmy82 wrote:I mentioned once before (and got shot down) that bale had always told his friends he would never sign for Cardiff , he has no affiliation to the CLUB , they upset him when he was younger or something.
He's from Cardiff , but never supported or had much to do with the club after a certain age .
Time to move on.

That's not what he's said in interview s tho

Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:27 pm

Forever Blue wrote:The deal being done very quickly by #LAFC , and reported by @FabrizioRomano that we were never even close.
we were blown out of the water

Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:28 pm

Bluearmy82 wrote:I mentioned once before (and got shot down) that bale had always told his friends he would never sign for Cardiff , he has no affiliation to the CLUB , they upset him when he was younger or something.
Time to move on.

I always heard something around that aswell, but not heard much lately so I thought I misheard it all, that’s why originally when I first heard about him maybe coming here, I automatically thought no way because he doesn’t like us, maybe that’s what it was all along

Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:28 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Logie wrote:Wanted him to come to Cardiff but i was worried we have a Ronaldo situation where he HAS to play.

Do u think getting mega bucks in la means he doesnt have to play when they want him to? La more of a circus than ccfc could ever be.... full of plastic people with designer dogs with diamond collars around their necks...

Allan for me it must be about the $$$

He was obviously one of those players who was happy to sit on his arse at Madrid and collect his salary. Not bothered about playing.

If he had anything about him he would have dropped his salary a bit and moved to another top club and been playing regularly for the last 2 years.

I'm disappointed but not that bothered.

It's easy to move on ...

Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:29 pm

According to some on here he 100% wanted to only come to Cardiff :lol:

This place has been an absolute circus I hope it calms everyone down a little now

Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:The deal being done very quickly by #LAFC , and reported by @FabrizioRomano that we were never even close.

At least that puts to bed the fact it was our boards fault. And shows we were never an option other than rumours and betting sites.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:32 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Glad I don't live in LA then as I don't have any of that. That's the idiotic LA you see on the tv & I know you know that as there are more people in LA than in Wales they couldn't possibly all be like that. It is certainly a circus though and well worth a visit if you need a laugh. :bluescarf:

Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:37 pm

if this is true then the South Wales media have been played like fiddles and proved to be total amatuers.

One comment or press release could have shut this down if it was never a rational option. It was always an act of financial charity.

Poor old Scott Johnson looks like someone who follows our forum and reports on stuff we talk about and let's face it there are a few Walter Mittys on here :lol:

Anyway, Joe signed today :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:37 pm

So the "it's not about the money, family are settled, close to the Wales training camp, local business interests" was a pack of lies. Sold down the river, never even got to conduct talks with him. f**k him! I spoke up for him when people said he's only interested in money, now I see they were right. Gone right down in my estimations. Anyway what's Ramsey doing at the moment?

Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:38 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

He was obviously one of those players who was happy to sit on his arse at Madrid and collect his salary. Not bothered about playing.

If he had anything about him he would have dropped his salary a bit and moved to another top club and been playing regularly for the last 2 years.

It's easy to move on ...

Yes come start season it be GB who? Could be right about not bothered about playing prior to qualifying now its oh better stay fit ? But somebody mislead people regarding saying its not about money so if not money why the fck as he gone to mls with its splattering of good players from other leagues around world but filled with majority of league 1 players.. how to look good without trying join mls :D

Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:41 pm

nobby wrote:So much for him saying his next move won't be about the money :lol:

Footballers are greedy with very little loyalty but hey whoever thought he was as a City fan was bonkers... Its good PR to appear to prop up ones Welsh business interests .... Let's use that money we had ready to spend on a vanity Bale project, its best we build a strong day in day out team of young fit 90 minute ( commited ) players

Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:45 pm

Let's not even think about Aaron, he is a bit of a chocolate teapot but when available can do 90 mins with minimal training and whoever gets him will have a few more seasons out of him.

IMO he is still top 6 so let's not even think about it.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:58 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:It's done and good luck to him.We can now get behind the club and the players who have signed. I'm more excited about this season than I have been for a long time.

:thumbup:

Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:00 pm

nobby wrote:So much for him saying his next move won't be about the money :lol:

My thoughts too

Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:01 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

It's easy to move on ...

Spot on, Paul... :clap:

There are aspects to this saga that indicated we were a consideration but as Wez said, we appear to have been blown out of the water by LA Galaxy and the pre-World Cup months apart, I can see why it would be attractive to him...

As a club and support, we move on...! :bluescarf:

Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:04 pm

A very good footballer but not a lot else. A very greedy agent too no doubt.
Will get behind him come the World Cup but zero interest in him beyond that.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:06 pm

I doubt we were even close to signing him, or even a serious option.
All of the hype of the last few days has stemmed from someone noticing a private plane from Spain landing at Cardiff and Bale bumping into Steve Morison at the Vale.
Time to move on and let the manager build a team and style around the signings he's made, without any distractions and have a decent season.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:28 pm

Glad that's over, Cardiff City born and bred, monies the only thing in his head.LA Galaxy well he does think he's chocolate. Who needs him anyway, Give these young players we have a chance we don't need a primo donner, if he ever moves into Management hope he never wants to do it in Cardiff , stay in America.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:31 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

You should revise your stereotypical description of people in LA. I live here and can tell you you are way off base. Genuine Angelino's are super laid back, down to earth and generally very good people. It's people who move here from outside who tend to act in a more pretentious manner and give out a "Hollywood" image that the public, who have no real clue, latch on to.

I'm bummed out Bale isn't going to the City, but I'm hoping he buys a house here to renovate. We just finished workin in Carlos Vela's new place in Beverly Hills. You never know!

Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:32 pm

Floppsy wrote:I doubt we were even close to signing him, or even a serious option.
All of the hype of the last few days has stemmed from someone noticing a private plane from Spain landing at Cardiff and Bale bumping into Steve Morison at the Vale.
Time to move on and let the manager build a team and style around the signings he's made, without any distractions and have a decent season.

I can see where you are coming from and my feeling is that as a club we may have been 'used' a little by the agent rather than the player...

Part of the report is wrong, as we 100% know Dalman had the conversation with Jonathan Barnett; and both have alluded to that

We also know via one of the more respected sources (not Abbandanato, then ;) ) the supposed Morison Bale meeting was literally two people passing in the same corridor for different reasons

It's also confusing why Bale would not play down any move to us, if it was never going to happen?

I'm not sure the truth will ever out, as both sides will 'spin' accordingly but the world is now Gareth Bale's Galaxy!

It doesn't diminish my respect for Gareth Bale as a player but this is certainly his last club in football and we move on

Ahem, I mean last club in SOCCER...! :wave:

Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:42 pm

I've got a bad feeling about it, can't help thinking it's the wrong place and that he'll get injured and won't make the World Cup?

Time will tell, we can move on, it may benefit us, it probably would have abeen the Bale show and taken something away from the team, anyway time to move on and concentrate on the players that do want to be here :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:47 pm

Playing in the US when we have them in the group he could easily get whacked, it's a stupid move and not the right one for his only World Cup chance, money must be more important football!

Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:55 pm

It's always been about the money for Bale, that's been clear ever since he wanted to go to China. I feel we've been used as pawns in this by his agent to get the best deal - the pull of home, close to the faw, being able to control his training and game etc. Oh well, he can go and be a show pony in the USA, I only hope he gets himself match fit for Qatar. Looking forward to the new season.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:55 pm

Seen an interview when he joined spurs with the other welsh players there (all jacks) and he was very out spoken about being a Cardiff boy, to which I think Rodon said “you’re not a Cardiff boy you never played for them” and his reply was “I still have time”

Shame, never seen him do anything other than keep the decision private but would have been nice. Not everyone is made of the same stuff good old Bellers was. I think next year he won’t be up to it and looking to retire

Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:59 pm

Sven wrote:
Floppsy wrote:I doubt we were even close to signing him, or even a serious option.

I can see where you are coming from and my feeling is that as a club we may have been 'used' a little by the agent rather than the player...

Part of the report is wrong, as we 100% know Dalman had the conversation with Jonathan Barnett; and both have alluded to that

We also know via one of the more respected sources (not Abbandanato, then ;) ) the supposed Morison Bale meeting was literally two people passing in the same corridor for different reasons

It's also confusing why Bale would not play down any move to us, if it was never going to happen?

I'm not sure the truth will ever out, as both sides will 'spin' accordingly but the world is now Gareth Bale's Galaxy!

It doesn't diminish my respect for Gareth Bale as a player but this is certainly his last club in football and we move on

Ahem, I mean last club in SOCCER...! :wave:

If he had said he was not coming to us, then possibly his agent would not have had such a good deal from LA that could be the reason

Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:02 pm

If it is about money, and seemingly it is, my opinion of him is in the gutter. He was raised, nurtured and schooled as a Cardiff boy. He kisses his Welsh shirt, what about his home ? His City ??? Children will be let down and upset he had a great opportunity to give something back. This would have done so much for the club and the City as a whole. Since the PL started money has run away from us ordinary people, we love the game, our club; guess what we don't count, since the red fiasco when the Burger Bar, er sorry I mean CCFC all of us had to reflect on where football was at. Individual greed has usurped passion and commitment. How much money do they want ??? Bale's personal wealth is quite frankly obscene for kicking a football around. Picture this he could have taken a nominal wage and give it to foodbanks. At a time when people are struggling such a move would have been wonderful. I guess I am an old git who cares about the game, a game which is supposedly bigger than these hugely wealthy privileged prima donnas...I think not.

Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:03 pm

Great move for Bale and his family lifestyle wise but i sense maybe not a great move for his reputation. Doubt he cares tho.