Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Why all the hate for Bale all of a sudden just because h

Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:49 am

Great thread

Genuine posts^^^^^^, sums it all up really

Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:54 am

Forever Blue wrote:Why all the hate for Bale all of a sudden just because he didn’t sign for us Cardiff City ?

He’s still the Welsh Captain and we need him fit for November - I’m as gutted as anyone but unbelievable how people turn - when he scores in the World Cup ( hopefully) all the double headers will be cheering him - fickle as f**k !!

There was a lot of other factors involved, than just money.

Our Country needs Bale, so we need to fully back him and be United.

Just move on

Spot on Annis I really believe GB wanted this to happen but it couldn't only because of his personal endorsement contracts, like adidas, and he has to honour those contracts.

In my opinion he is the best Welsh footballer ever and he is our national captain and will lead us out at our first World Cup in nearly 70 years. In fairness he has been a massive driving force in getting us there.

Good luck in the USA Gareth and who knows sometime down the line we may still see him in a bluebirds shirt.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:59 am

Sven wrote:Agree with the OP; and you could have prepopulated a list of certain posters that would start the slating and accusations...

Like they knew any better than those of us trying to find out from the modernly secret world of the Bluebird Board and a traditionally intravert Gareth Bale

What I will say is that one man got it spot on last Thursday and the news provider took pelters for putting it out...

As he would say, hmmmmm... ;)

Who was spot on with what last Thursday? Bale to LA? Genuine question, because I thought Bale made his LA announcement from the Vale on Thursday but the MLS/LA talk didn’t surface until Friday.

Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:12 am

It was all the hype that came out of the media be it the main media or this forum. Peoples hopes were sky high and when that happens and it does not happen then you get this type of reaction.

For me I just felt there was something in the background that was going to stop it happening. For me it was badly played and now there is going to be an element of Cardiff supporters that will not want to see him in a Cardiff shirt.

Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:27 am

Got to move on. Anyway, a bit busy. Off in the digger to do some golf course modifications.

Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Why all the hate for Bale all of a sudden just because he didn’t sign for us Cardiff City ?

He’s still the Welsh Captain and we need him fit for November - I’m as gutted as anyone but unbelievable how people turn - when he scores in the World Cup ( hopefully) all the double headers will be cheering him - fickle as f**k !!

Just move on

Agree: Its a frixking world Cup coming up not anything else so let's get behind our best player for sometime and get wales on the map like euros did

Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:22 pm

eddiep wrote:Great thread

Genuine posts^^^^^^, sums it all up really

Eddie,

It’s great to have a good debate, without the sly snipers on here.

Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:23 pm

castleblue wrote:

Just move on

Spot on Annis I really believe GB wanted this to happen but it couldn't only because of his personal endorsement contracts, like adidas, and he has to honour those contracts.

In my opinion he is the best Welsh footballer ever and he is our national captain and will lead us out at our first World Cup in nearly 70 years. In fairness he has been a massive driving force in getting us there.

Good luck in the USA Gareth and who knows sometime down the line we may still see him in a bluebirds shirt.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Well said Gary,

Bale had so many other things happening and the picture got much bigger.

Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:24 pm

gwentbluebirds wrote:

Just move on

Agree: Its a frixking world Cup coming up not anything else so let's get behind our best player for sometime and get wales on the map like euros did

:thumbright: :thumbright:

Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
gwentbluebirds wrote:

Just move on

:thumbright: :thumbright:

cannot slag him off, it's right to move on - but more important things to achieve, like getting rid of Tan and Dalman - that would be a right result!

Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:07 pm

No hate from me - he may well have wanted to sign for us but the complications just meant it couldn't happen and no doubt wearing a non adidas kit was part of that. However, we still have a new team to support and a world cup so there are exciting times ahead for all Bluebirds :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:22 pm

New Day Rising wrote:I don't think it's hatred just normal human behaviour to lash put verbally when faced with disappointment..

A lot of City fans were convinced from the own players little hints he was coming that for me is not professional behaviour.

Gareth should perhaps think about the massive impact he'd would have delivered in the minds of youngsters and potential new City fans drawn to our club if he signed.....

Never had him down as a hard core City fan anyways..

It's about disappointment... he said looking forward to school run ... Cardiff not LA .. agent its not about the money but it's now clear that's what its about if not him his sponsors ... but there could been things said to dampen down expectations but instead got sniggles about wait until his holiday..... well he hasnt waited got picture up before ink was dry on contract and at city's training pitch to boot....

Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:36 pm

Large Arge wrote:
Sven wrote:Agree with the OP; and you could have prepopulated a list of certain posters that would start the slating and accusations...

Like they knew any better than those of us trying to find out from the modernly secret world of the Bluebird Board and a traditionally intravert Gareth Bale

What I will say is that one man got it spot on last Thursday and the news provider took pelters for putting it out...

Who was spot on with what last Thursday? Bale to LA? Genuine question, because I thought Bale made his LA announcement from the Vale on Thursday but the MLS/LA talk didn’t surface until Friday.

Fair question.. :thumbup:

Forever Blue stated it was a very generous 70/30 AGAINST Bale joining after the meeting between Dalman and Barnett on Thursday. The odds at that point had become a lot shorter... :?

As always, he kept his source(s) close to his chest whilst putting his own head above the parapet and against his own wants (Bale to sign for us)

More will out eventually but for now it's enough to know we simply missed out :cry:

Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:46 pm

Sven wrote:
Large Arge wrote:

Fair question.. :thumbup:

Forever Blue stated it was a very generous 70/30 AGAINST Bale joining after the meeting between Dalman and Barnett on Thursday. The odds at that point had become a lot shorter... :?

As always, he kept his source(s) close to his chest whilst putting his own head above the parapet and against his own wants (Bale to sign for us)

More will out eventually but for now it's enough to know we simply missed out :cry:

Ah I misunderstood. I thought you meant on Thursday someone had put out he was headed to LA. Either through a source or because he’d been seen at the Vale in the LA merch doing his photoshoot.

Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:56 pm

It's all conjecture of course until (if ever) the truth comes out and that can only real come from the player himself.

We all know the role money has to play in the world of football but it will have really come to something if a sponsor now has the power to dictate to a player where they should ply their trade.

I don't recall ever having heard of a sponsor being involved in a transfer destination for a player - would there usually be a clause in a players sponsorship contract which allows a sponsor to have a say in what club a player should play (or not play) at?

There seems to be a campaign to criticise Gareth Bale for "turning down" Cardiff and now a campaign to suggest that he had no choice and that the decision as to where he was to play was in some way determined by his commercial obligations.

For me I believe that the decision was made solely by Gareth Bale for reasons only he and his family and agent may ever know. Be that money, lifestyle, golf, sunshine or some other reason that is his absolute prerogative and good luck to him.

Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:16 pm

davids wrote:It's all conjecture of course until (if ever) the truth comes out and that can only real come from the player himself.

We all know the role money has to play in the world of football but it will have really come to something if a sponsor now has the power to dictate to a player where they should ply their trade.

I don't recall ever having heard of a sponsor being involved in a transfer destination for a player - would there usually be a clause in a players sponsorship contract which allows a sponsor to have a say in what club a player should play (or not play) at?

There seems to be a campaign to criticise Gareth Bale for "turning down" Cardiff and now a campaign to suggest that he had no choice and that the decision as to where he was to play was in some way determined by his commercial obligations.

For me I believe that the decision was made solely by Gareth Bale for reasons only he and his family and agent may ever know. Be that money, lifestyle, golf, sunshine or some other reason that is his absolute prerogative and good luck to him.

Probably right but what was the complicated part as stated by agent.... because all indicators was he wanted to come to city but it changed after this statement? Complications could been a 3rd party involvement (Adidas)

Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:34 pm

As folk say " it's down to him " so we move on but he and him alone could have shut this down very early on as he, his agent and any sponsors knew of our interest.
Disappointed yes but at least the side show has ended so on to main event and a few good wins will get rid of the bad taste left in people's mouths.
Annis, for what it's worth I think you were right to go with what you heard as without tidbits or rumours there wouldn't be much use for a forum.

Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:55 pm

davids wrote:It's all conjecture of course until (if ever) the truth comes out and that can only real come from the player himself.

Agree never heard of a players sponsor getting in the way of a transfer before, think its total nonsense myself. Cristiano Ronaldo sponsored by Nike played for Real Madrid sponsored by Adidas then moves to Juventus & Man Utd sponsored by Adidas etc.. Its all down to what the player wants at the end of the day.
Last edited by royalblue on Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:56 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Probably right but what was the complicated part as stated by agent.... because all indicators was he wanted to come to city but it changed after this statement? Complications could been a 3rd party involvement (Adidas)

If that's right it's a real worry that a sponsor could have the power to intervene in a decision as to where a player plays and can seemingly prevent a player who is not contracted to any football team deciding which team to sign for.

I just can't see that being the case and have never heard that having been suggested in a transfer before but I could be wrong of course.

Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:01 pm

davids wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

If that's right it's a real worry that a sponsor could have the power to intervene in a decision as to where a player plays and can seemingly prevent a player who is not contracted to any football team deciding which team to sign for.

I just can't see that being the case and have never heard that having been suggested in a transfer before but I could be wrong of course.

It does happen and it would not surprise me at all It had been mention a few weeks back that his sponsors would have a potential say on his next club

Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:03 pm

Abergavenny wrote:
davids wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

It does happen and it would not surprise me at all It had been mention a few weeks back that his sponsors would have a potential say on his next club

Erling Haaland just left Nike to join Adidas and joins Man City who are sponsored by Puma doesn't make sense to me that Bale can only play for a team that wears Adidas.

Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:17 pm

royalblue wrote:
Abergavenny wrote:
davids wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Erling Haaland just left Nike to join Adidas and joins Man City who are sponsored by Puma doesn't make sense to me that Bale can only play for a team that wears Adidas.
Messi sponsored by Adidas plays for PSG Nike many more examples. Nonsense he couldn't play for us because of Adidas. Surely.

Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:20 pm

Robbiebluebird wrote:tbh, if Bale was down doing photo shoot for L.A, then I presume the deal had be done for awhile. If anything, we were doing a bit of a hail mary as we had nothing to lose. The media hype alone would have got players to talk to us, even if SM still had to sell them his vision. People already had in there heads that Bale was a Cardiff player and became emotionally attached to the idea, so felt betrayed when he didn't sign, though Bale had given no commitment to Cardiff. Not saying anyone in the know was lying, but they can only say what they hear, and whose to say who they hear it from also weren't giving into the hype a bit. Because we didnt sign Bale after weeks of build up whatever we do now is going to seem a bit of a let down, but we have to keep perspective. We've started the transfer window of relatively well in what is going to be a crucial re-building year and there's still alot of time to go yet. Instead of this bitterness that a genuinely world class player who still has it in him, didnt sign for a championship club for no salary, and instead signed for a club that will pay a tone in a league where he is less likely to get injured before the world cup, we should be grateful for what he and every other Welsh player has done in the last decade!

Robbie, you talk a lot of sense, great post. At least it is all sorted and we can let the dust settle....and push on again with focus.

Annis, well said, I just don't get some of our fans.....life is never black and white, we all live in the grey area in between.

Real fans are dissapointed but understand that this was never going to make or break our season. The new signings will decide this. :bluebird:

Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:26 pm

royalblue wrote:
royalblue wrote:
Abergavenny wrote:
davids wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Messi sponsored by Adidas plays for PSG Nike many more examples. Nonsense he couldn't play for us because of Adidas. Surely.

Many contracts from sport companies will pay you more if you are playing in there kit as well Gives them far more advertising opportunities Also can have clauses which will reduce the amount they will pay if they can only show you in the boots Happens across many sports .
Contracts are not just we will pay you to play in our boots they have so many clauses Beckhams move to Galaxy was mostly paid for by adidas

Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:53 pm

Over the last few days most of the will he/won't he threads and comments have been pure speculation.
Even now his immediate future has been decided the speculation (without the smallest bit of evidence to back it up) is rife once again.

Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:11 am

As far as I know, he never said he was going to sign for city and has ended up making the best choice for him…..he did say he had had offers from a few clubs .
Yes I’m disappointed but not surprised.
Best of luck to him….he’s a once in a generation player for Wales and will always have my support.

Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:17 am

Blueman39 wrote:As far as I know, he never said he was going to sign for city and has ended up making the best choice for him…..he did say he had had offers from a few clubs .
Best of luck to him….he’s a once in a generation player for Wales and will always have my support.

You’re right he didn’t but then again he didn’t deny links with us, unlike Getafe.

His agent, and he, also said this wasn’t about money, yet he’s signed for $500k per week………….

This wasn’t about money until they received an offer that was way above what they had thought they would get.

I just want some honesty from the Bale camp. Just admit that the offer was too good to turn down.

At the moment the flak is aimed at the club which I think is unfair based on what we understand the situation to be.

Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:37 am

Who's Bale, is he that bloke that just goes for the biggest pay deal even if it's a non footballing nations like China or the US?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETxmCCsMoD0
Abba - Money, Money, Money (Official Music Video)

Anyway more importantly where our new Cardiff City Strikers :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:40 am

piledriver64 wrote:
Blueman39 wrote:As far as I know, he never said he was going to sign for city and has ended up making the best choice for him…..he did say he had had offers from a few clubs .

You’re right he didn’t but then again he didn’t deny links with us, unlike Getafe.

His agent, and he, also said this wasn’t about money, yet he’s signed for $500k per week………….

This wasn’t about money until they received an offer that was way above what they had thought they would get.

I just want some honesty from the Bale camp. Just admit that the offer was too good to turn down.

At the moment the flak is aimed at the club which I think is unfair based on what we understand the situation to be.

I thought it was $30k a week, $1.5m a year, not $500k a week?

Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:44 am

piledriver64 wrote:

You talk a lot of sense but in my opinion there should be no flak aimed at anyone, including our beloved club.

It could have been a great deal for us, but ultimately it turned out to be a great deal for Gareth and his agent. No sour grapes here, we move onwards and upwards.

Everthing for a reason and I have a sneaky feeling that this pantomime will harden the resolve of the team that Morison is compiling. Keep the faith. :bluebird: