Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

HOW MUCH IS BALES CONTRACT WORTH AT LA

Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:03 pm

Ive seen he will get basically 25 to 30k a week.

Other reports say 500k a week.

So what is he actually getting and surely if he is only getting 25 to 30k a week we could have beaten or at least matched that ffs?????

Re: HOW MUCH IS BALES CONTRACT WORTH AT LA

Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:31 am

Real Madrid fans won’t believe Gareth Bale’s wages in MLS
By Kevin Parvizi

Real Madrid legend Gareth Bale – yes, I will use that phrasing as often as possible to make the deniers angry – has left the club this summer after his contract expired. Though Bale did not play much for Los Merengues due to nagging injuries and a need to be 100 percent in order for Wales to qualify for the 2022 World Cup, which could very well be Bale’s last, the man did leave Madrid on top with his fifth Champions League title.

MLS has a reputation for being the place where superstars of European football go to retire and make a whole lot of money, but fans will be surprised to hear that Bale’s wages are a LOT lower than expected. Certainly, lower than what he was making at Real Madrid when the club could not find a team able to take on his salary.

Gareth Bale will earn just 1.5 million dollars in wages from LAFC, whereas he received 35 million dollars from Real Madrid on his contract.

Bale earned every penny of that contract from Real at the time of signing, and if they did not want to be on the hook for so much money, they should have listened to Zinedine Zidane and sold him after his incredible 2018 Champions League Final – the last of his peak in Madrid.

So the real story is that it is surprising to see Bale making so little in MLS. Even at this stage of his career, Bale brings a lot more in marketing and on-field performance to LAFC than 1.5 million dollars in a year. I’d imagine that he had more lucrative offers elsewhere.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:40 am

At 28k a week there is more going on here than meets the eye.

Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:39 am

Welshman in CA wrote:At 28k a week there is more going on here than meets the eye.

Probably topped up with an extension / increase in his own personal Adidas contract. Then made a DP next season if he stays on.

Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:02 am

nobby wrote:Ive seen he will get basically 25 to 30k a week.

So what is he actually getting and surely if he is only getting 25 to 30k a week we could have beaten or at least matched that ffs?????

Hes on alot more than that ,is basic salary might be low but his endorsements ,image rights is a lot more footballers like Bale don't go to to mls for a 28k a week

Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:30 am

More than enough to take him away from the best deal for his World Cup preperation, with add ons and endorsments it will be another samll fortune!

Maybe he wants another fifteen holes to finish his golf course!

Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:28 am

nobby wrote:Ive seen he will get basically 25 to 30k a week.

I have no doubt that GB is on a lot more than £30k a week but he is also NOT getting £500k per week. MLS salaries are historically way below those in Europe although this summer Lorenzo Insigne has signed a contract with Toronto FC for a mind blowing £196k per week making him the highest paid player in MLS history, where would that place a superstar like GB? at least the same but more than double absolutely not in my opinion.

However in terms of personal endorsement contracts GB would smash Insigne out of the water but he currently only has a couple with Adidas being his biggest at around £4m per year or £96k per week. For me adidas would want their pound of flesh paying that amount of money and in business terms the opportunities to market GB in the USA are far higher than with Cardiff City in the EFL Championship. In terms of shirt sales LAFC average home attendance this season is 22,000 not much different to Cardiff City but in marketing terms the USA dwarfs the UK.

When Beckham went to the MLS he was the highest paid player at around £4m but his off field earnings dwarfed what he earned for playing, adidas paid him £8m a year and gillette £13m a year and he had 11 other personal endorsement contracts.

I honestly believe that Cardiff City didn't stand a chance of signing GB because of his contractual obligations to adidas and they have had a big say in him going to the MLS, if they pay him £4m a year how much will they look to earn from his name? more than they could earn from him playing in the EFL Championship.

This move is ALL about money but in my opinion NOT what GB was looking to receive from Cardiff City but what adidas could earn from his name in the USA.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:38 am

I was out in North America for a number of years and watched the MLS a fair bit

I’m almost certain Bale can only be registered as a non designated player and the salary cap for LA FC is about £550,000 a year when you convert it

So Bale is on about £12,000 a week. Half a million a year not half a million a week as some suggested

So as Bale said originally this is not a money motivated move, believe it or not some people actually think LA is a better quality of life than Cardiff but hey ho let’s keep the Judas Bale threads up when he never said he was coming here, said he was negotiating with a number of clubs and owes us absolutely nothing

Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:09 am

Bellamys barmy army wrote:I was out in North America for a number of years and watched the MLS a fair bit

I’m almost certain Bale can only be registered as a non designated player and the salary cap for LA FC is about £550,000 a year when you convert it

So Bale is on about £12,000 a week. Half a million a year not half a million a week as some suggested

So as Bale said originally this is not a money motivated move, believe it or not some people actually think LA is a better quality of life than Cardiff but hey ho let’s keep the Judas Bale threads up when he never said he was coming here, said he was negotiating with a number of clubs and owes us absolutely nothing

He will be the highest overall paid player in the mls, his endorsement are massive its 500k dollars not pounds a week he will earn .if you think he's going to be paid 500k a year then you are mad

Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:38 am

wez1927 wrote:
Bellamys barmy army wrote:I was out in North America for a number of years and watched the MLS a fair bit

He will be the highest overall paid player in the mls, his endorsement are massive its 500k dollars not pounds a week he will earn .if you think he's going to be paid 500k a year then you are mad

Okay show me that? You just have some sort of agenda when the facts show he’s gone for a minimal wage for a quality of life move which Cardiff simply couldn’t offer him

Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:04 am

You are right about a salary cap being in place in the MLS but as a designated player the cap doesn't really apply. LAFC have a place for a designated player they have kept open for the summer transfer window and I have no doubt that GB signing has filled that space.

As a designated player his salary will be way above the £12k and you will see from this list of LAFC player salaries issued just last month one of their designated players, Carlos Vela, is on around £59k a week, would GB be on less than that?

https://www.angelsonparade.com/2022/5/1 ... s-revealed

On Friday Toronto FC will sign Lorenzo Insigne on around £170k per week, a breath taking salary for the MLS, so again would GB earn just £12k in comparison. I don't think so.

I do think that GB will be one IF not the biggest earner in the MLS but even given what Insigne is about to start earning it's a very long way to £500k per week.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:09 pm

:laughing6: every comment said it was a more lucrative deal, get real it was about the sponsorship and add on's not just salary, which will be in a different league!

Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:18 pm

Bellamys barmy army wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Okay show me that? You just have some sort of agenda when the facts show he’s gone for a minimal wage for a quality of life move which Cardiff simply couldn’t offer him

Are you blind, every report has said its a more lucrative offer ,your nuts if you think Bale is on 500k ayear . Our average wage is more than that .

Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:10 pm

At end of the day we were lied to...... they said wasnt about the money but now quite openly they say the commercial aspect of the deal (endorsements) was to good to turn down.... in plain English he went for the money no more no less....