Amaechi to sign today ?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Amaechi to sign today ?

Postby wez1927 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:04 pm

Cardiff are close to finalising a deal for Hamburg winger Xavier Amaechi. Previously Arsenal academy prospect. Deal looked done last week but will be completed today. #transfer https://t.co/FYuhkQQ8L5

Bolton Wanderers have opted not to bring Xavier Amaechi back to the club next season after the winger's loan spell came to an end.

The 21-year-old joined Wanderers last summer on loan on an initial six-month deal from German side Hamburg making 10 appearances, Hamburg offered the League 1 club Amaechi a free transfer to the Lancashire club.

Amaech had been suffering a fractured metatarsal in a pre-season friendly last summer against Preston North End, but recovered from the operation.
Attachments
27FCEEC2-72D1-45D5-A7D1-A49BACC655DB.jpeg
27FCEEC2-72D1-45D5-A7D1-A49BACC655DB.jpeg (205.9 KiB) Viewed 13906 times
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Amaechi to sign today ?

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Amaechi to sign today ?

Postby Sneggyblubird » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:17 pm

Would make 10m for Murphy look a bit silly.
Sneggyblubird

Postby wez1927 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:20 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:Would make 10m for Murphy look a bit silly.

We all know that was :lol: , i don't know much about him but Morison seem to be getting pacy players in .
wez1927

Postby bluebird7291 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:23 pm

I could be wrong. But wasn't he at Bolton last season?
bluebird7291

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:34 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:I could be wrong. But wasn't he at Bolton last season?

Yes played 10 games in League 1 for Bolton

Bolton Wanderers have opted not to bring Xavier Amaechi back to the club next season after the winger's loan spell came to an end.

The 21-year-old joined Wanderers last summer on loan on an initial six-month deal from German side Hamburg making 10 appearances, Hamburg offered the League 1 club Amaechi a free transfer to the Lancashire club.

Amaech had been suffering a fractured metatarsal in a pre-season friendly last summer against Preston North End, but recovered from the operation.
Attachments
7C4966D2-E729-40C1-AD3E-3C0863AB9E12.jpeg
7C4966D2-E729-40C1-AD3E-3C0863AB9E12.jpeg (205.9 KiB) Viewed 13886 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:35 pm

Hamburger winger Xavier Amaechi.
Attachments
F40830F1-3156-44F1-96E5-84C8B9A4E527.jpeg
F40830F1-3156-44F1-96E5-84C8B9A4E527.jpeg (18.2 KiB) Viewed 13857 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby bluebird7291 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:40 pm

I know him. He looked ok from what I saw (although not a great amount)
bluebird7291

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:51 pm

Another quite unknown player who I know little about. It makes me wonder, and what are other peoples thoughts, do we have an extensive scouting system, good contacts within the game now, or are we adopting a Brentford like approach and using specific data to sign players?
JasonFowler1991

Postby Bluebina » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:54 pm

JasonFowler1991 wrote:Another quite unknown player who I know little about. It makes me wonder, and what are other peoples thoughts, do we have an extensive scouting system, good contacts within the game now, or are we adopting a Brentford like approach and using specific data to sign players?

It's starting to look a it like that isn't it?

Interesting I can't wait for the season to start :ayatollah:
Bluebina

Postby Pantmawr Bluebird » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:22 pm

As if we've signed two players called Xavier in the same window lol
Pantmawr Bluebird

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:24 pm

From a Bolton Fan:
Attachments
D44DC255-D77F-4845-9282-B9822432E7EE.jpeg
D44DC255-D77F-4845-9282-B9822432E7EE.jpeg (206.54 KiB) Viewed 12627 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Sneggyblubird » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:32 pm

JasonFowler1991 wrote:Another quite unknown player who I know little about. It makes me wonder, and what are other peoples thoughts, do we have an extensive scouting system, good contacts within the game now, or are we adopting a Brentford like approach and using specific data to sign players?

That approach hasn't done Brentford any harm. We've had a twatful of players over the years that have flattered to deceive.Doing your homework before you sign someone is refreshing.
Sneggyblubird

Postby piledriver64 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:41 pm

I was thinking that last week. It does seem like they all "have a good engine", are hungry to prove themselves and are pacey.

When Brentford were signing most of their players nobody had really heard of them and even those they had heard of hadn't been very impressive with their previous clubs but they fitted into their system perfectly.

It's going to be interesting summer and start to the season :thumbright:

Makes a nice change to have topics like this rather than the usual "Murphy needs a run of games and a decent manager .....", "Bacuna isn't a fullback but .........." rubbish :lol: :lol:
piledriver64

Postby tremolo182 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:56 pm

The account that posted this has 8 followers so I'm doubtful.
tremolo182

Postby Barclay1 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:24 pm

Fans saying he didnt set the world alight at Bolton, and couldnt get back into their team once he was fit, doesnt bode well for me.

Should be looking at better IMO
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby wez1927 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:28 pm

Barclay1 wrote:Fans saying he didnt set the world alight at Bolton, and couldnt get back into their team once he was fit, doesnt bode well for me.

Should be looking at better IMO

Any signing you actually like ? Misery gutts :lol:
wez1927

Postby Barclay1 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:33 pm

Am I allowed to have an opinion?
Barclay1

Postby wez1927 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:39 pm

Barclay1 wrote:Am I allowed to have an opinion?

Yes you are :lol: just like mine is your a misery gutts ,I'm sure there will be a signing that you would like one day ,I'm waiting for the humble pie post when we are flying this season, keep the faith !
wez1927

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:58 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:

That approach hasn't done Brentford any harm. We've had a twatful of players over the years that have flattered to deceive.Doing your homework before you sign someone is refreshing.

Agreed. It is refreshing, although, let's see how it pans out come August :bluescarf:
JasonFowler1991

Postby Barclay1 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:00 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Yes you are :lol: just like mine is your a misery gutts ,I'm sure there will be a signing that you would like one day ,I'm waiting for the humble pie post when we are flying this season, keep the faith !

If this sort of response makes you feel better then great.

I'll post my opinions, who I like as a signing and who I dont. Apart from Tanner, who I ultimately accepted was a player with promise having been given info on this board re his liks to other clubs, tell me which signings I have disliked?

Also tell me which signings i have suggested are decent?

Ill ignore the misery guts, as its a little childish.
Barclay1

Postby TheHangedMan » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:26 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I'll post my opinions, who I like as a signing and who I dont. Apart from Tanner, who I ultimately accepted was a player with promise having been given info on this board re his liks to other clubs, tell me which signings I have disliked?

I don't think you're a misery guts Barclay, but I must say you do have consistent negativity to all things CCFC.

I get it that some people see the glass as half empty........but you seem to see the glass as just a spit in it. I know you are balanced in your views, but sometimes maybe you over balance. All that said you add a lot to this forum so keep up the good work. :bluebird:
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious........
TheHangedMan

Postby Barclay1 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:43 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I don't think you're a misery guts Barclay, but I must say you do have consistent negativity to all things CCFC.

I get it that some people see the glass as half empty........but you seem to see the glass as just a spit in it. I know you are balanced in your views, but sometimes maybe you over balance. All that said you add a lot to this forum so keep up the good work. :bluebird:

A far more appropriate response that deserves a proper reply.

I acvept fully that I am more negative than many posters, but I dont like to accept sub standard, or, in my eyes, a board that decides that we should accept sub standard, when we don't necessarily need to.

I certainly dont advocate spending big, but spending appropriately.

Millwall just bought for 1.7M, and had a 1.5M bid turned down. Shows money is there, and from a club that has not had our riches over the years.

Has the 'club' given us anything to get excited about over the last few years? No, in my opinion.

Not adding to my negativity, but its very worrying that we pin hopes and excitement on a player that a league club didn't want after he was offered to them for nothing, and while he was there on loan, he struggled to get into their side, and when he did he didnt 'set the world alight'

You can't tell me Im the only one who thinks this. There are some posters here who simply back their posts by ridicule and criticism then try and get backing by pretending to be funny.
Barclay1

Postby JulesK » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:35 pm

[quote="Barclay1"]Fans saying he didnt set the world alight at Bolton, and couldnt get back into their team once he was fit, doesnt bode well for me.

Should be looking at better IMO[/quote

FAN not the plural said that and you just copied that from a post Annis posted off a FAN .
Accept you do not like sub standard but your negatively to the board is farcical.
Keeping the Faith since '74.
JulesK

Postby Barclay1 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:43 pm

JulesK wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:Fans saying he didnt set the world alight at Bolton, and couldnt get back into their team once he was fit, doesnt bode well for me.

Should be looking at better IMO[/quote

FAN not the plural said that and you just copied that from a post Annis posted off a FAN .
Accept you do not like sub standard but your negatively to the board is farcical.

Farcical eh? Fair enough if this is the sort of player you want.

Or do you want me to agree to everything you say? Ill make sure to get your permission next time.
Barclay1

Postby Carpe Diem » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:49 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I acvept fully that I am more negative than many posters, but I dont like to accept sub standard, or, in my eyes, a board that decides that we should accept sub standard, when we don't necessarily need to.

Millwall just bought for 1.7M, and had a 1.5M bid turned down. Shows money is there, and from a club that has not had our riches over the years.

Has the 'club' given us anything to get excited about over the last few years? No, in my opinion.

Not adding to my negativity, but its very worrying that we pin hopes and excitement on a player that a league club didn't want after he was offered to them for nothing, and while he was there on loan, he struggled to get into their side, and when he did he didnt 'set the world alight'

You can't tell me Im the only one who thinks this. There are some posters here who simply back their posts by ridicule and criticism then try and get backing by pretending to be funny.

Just because millwall have money doesn’t mean that we should. The “riches” we had have been wasted on transfers & wages - Warnock has a lot to answer for but then the bottom line is that the Board backed him. We rarely make a big profit on a player, nothing like those up west seem able to do time and time again.
Carpe Diem

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:53 pm

a leopard cannot change it spots unless you paint it whilte! So think everyone is wasting their time pointing out something that as been obvious for long time.......
So why spoil his enjoyment just let him be happy saying what he does afterall it's his choice....
pembroke allan

Postby Barclay1 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:55 pm

Swansea do this very well, and I think certain of your points are very valid.

I actually think if Millwall have money, then actually we should have more. Larger crowds, capitol city. I also wonder if we have larger season ticket sales?
Barclay1

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:55 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Just because millwall have money doesn’t mean that we should. The “riches” we had have been wasted on transfers & wages - Warnock has a lot to answer for but then the bottom line is that the Board backed him. We rarely make a big profit on a player, nothing like those up west seem able to do time and time again.

Not just that but many (if not all) of the free agents almost certainly have a signing on fee that the club needs to pay.
Aaron Ramsey = free agent dies this make him not up to standard as there’s no transfer fee?
bluebirdoct1962

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:57 pm

We may have to fork out $15 million for Sala, still, too.
JasonFowler1991

Postby Barclay1 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:58 pm

pembroke allan wrote:a leopard cannot change it spots unless you paint it whilte! So think everyone is wasting their time pointing out something that as been obvious for long time.......
So why spoil his enjoyment just let him be happy saying what he does afterall it's his choice....

So your saying your more than happy with such an signing? Well I'm not. If it happens.

I mean, the OP must be itk
Barclay1

Next

Return to General Chat