Re: Amaechi to sign today ?

Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:04 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:Am I allowed to have an opinion?

Yes you are :lol: just like mine is your a misery gutts ,I'm sure there will be a signing that you would like one day ,I'm waiting for the humble pie post when we are flying this season, keep the faith !

If this sort of response makes you feel better then great.

I'll post my opinions, who I like as a signing and who I dont. Apart from Tanner, who I ultimately accepted was a player with promise having been given info on this board re his liks to other clubs, tell me which signings I have disliked?

Also tell me which signings i have suggested are decent?

Ill ignore the misery guts, as its a little childish.

I don't think you're a misery guts Barclay, but I must say you do have consistent negativity to all things CCFC.

I get it that some people see the glass as half empty........but you seem to see the glass as just a spit in it. I know you are balanced in your views, but sometimes maybe you over balance. All that said you add a lot to this forum so keep up the good work. :bluebird:

A far more appropriate response that deserves a proper reply.

I acvept fully that I am more negative than many posters, but I dont like to accept sub standard, or, in my eyes, a board that decides that we should accept sub standard, when we don't necessarily need to.

I certainly dont advocate spending big, but spending appropriately.

Millwall just bought for 1.7M, and had a 1.5M bid turned down. Shows money is there, and from a club that has not had our riches over the years.

Has the 'club' given us anything to get excited about over the last few years? No, in my opinion.

Not adding to my negativity, but its very worrying that we pin hopes and excitement on a player that a league club didn't want after he was offered to them for nothing, and while he was there on loan, he struggled to get into their side, and when he did he didnt 'set the world alight'

You can't tell me Im the only one who thinks this. There are some posters here who simply back their posts by ridicule and criticism then try and get backing by pretending to be funny.

Just because millwall have money doesn’t mean that we should. The “riches” we had have been wasted on transfers & wages - Warnock has a lot to answer for but then the bottom line is that the Board backed him. We rarely make a big profit on a player, nothing like those up west seem able to do time and time again.

Not just that but many (if not all) of the free agents almost certainly have a signing on fee that the club needs to pay.
Aaron Ramsey = free agent dies this make him not up to standard as there’s no transfer fee?

It's a matter of perception but unfortunately some perceptions are strange ... especially if think a free agent is a cheap option compared to paying a transfer fee? Some of city's transfer fees have been odd to say least 8m on Cornelius when worth 500k months earlier....

Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:29 pm

Barclay1 wrote:Swansea do this very well, and I think certain of your points are very valid.

I actually think if Millwall have money, then actually we should have more. Larger crowds, capitol city. I also wonder if we have larger season ticket sales?

Swansea do this very well because they play a certain style of football and when they sell a player, they replace that player with another that got the same attributes so it’s an easy fit. They then seem to be world beaters because they fit into that mould perfectly and then their value goes up. Whereas we have no style of play and we just recruit anybody we can and play players in their wrong positions trying to play a style they’re not entirely used to. Hopefully under Morison this will change. But back to subject, I do agree with you on this signing, I won’t be impressed with this guy either. Hopefully we get proven wrong if he does sign. But nobody excites me except Tanner maybe so far.

Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:52 pm

OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:Swansea do this very well, and I think certain of your points are very valid.

I actually think if Millwall have money, then actually we should have more. Larger crowds, capitol city. I also wonder if we have larger season ticket sales?

Swansea do this very well because they play a certain style of football and when they sell a player, they replace that player with another that got the same attributes so it’s an easy fit. They then seem to be world beaters because they fit into that mould perfectly and then their value goes up. Whereas we have no style of play and we just recruit anybody we can and play players in their wrong positions trying to play a style they’re not entirely used to. Hopefully under Morison this will change. But back to subject, I do agree with you on this signing, I won’t be impressed with this guy either. Hopefully we get proven wrong if he does sign. But nobody excites me except Tanner maybe so far.

To be fair they make lots of money out of player sales to pay their owners .... and with moderate success on pitch? horses for courses really but selling players got them relegated eventually so who's to say that is a good way to operate? Relying now on young cheap players with occasional fee for one.. as for our signings well nothing to get excited about I agree but there again it's how they perform as a team that is important writing them off before season starts is very sad state of affairs and makes you wonder why bother to watch them play in 1st place. :roll:

Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:32 am

pembroke allan wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:

To be fair they make lots of money out of player sales to pay their owners .... and with moderate success on pitch? horses for courses really but selling players got them relegated eventually so who's to say that is a good way to operate? Relying now on young cheap players with occasional fee for one.. as for our signings well nothing to get excited about I agree but there again it's how they perform as a team that is important writing them off before season starts is very sad state of affairs and makes you wonder why bother to watch them play in 1st place. :roll:

It’s not about writing them off early, just being realistic. Besides, if you look at it negatively, then they can’t let you down :lol:

Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:06 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
JasonFowler1991 wrote:Another quite unknown player who I know little about. It makes me wonder, and what are other peoples thoughts, do we have an extensive scouting system, good contacts within the game now, or are we adopting a Brentford like approach and using specific data to sign players?

That approach hasn't done Brentford any harm. We've had a twatful of players over the years that have flattered to deceive.Doing your homework before you sign someone is refreshing.

The most important thing about the way Brentford do things is that the players they sign are brought in as part of a whole and never signed to walk into the first team.

My boy is a Brentford fan so we have season tickets and other than Ericsson there has been no-one that was signed that walked into the side.

I've spent the whole of last season thinking about how if Malky had put the trust in the players that got us up the first time, like Frank has done this season at Brentford, rather than rip the spine out of the side we would have done so much better.

Morisson seems to be building a side that has balance and that buy into what his vision is, without signing super stars and I'll be honest I'm more excited now than I have been for years.

Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:23 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
JasonFowler1991 wrote:Another quite unknown player who I know little about. It makes me wonder, and what are other peoples thoughts, do we have an extensive scouting system, good contacts within the game now, or are we adopting a Brentford like approach and using specific data to sign players?

That approach hasn't done Brentford any harm. We've had a twatful of players over the years that have flattered to deceive.Doing your homework before you sign someone is refreshing.

The most important thing about the way Brentford do things is that the players they sign are brought in as part of a whole and never signed to walk into the first team.

My boy is a Brentford fan so we have season tickets and other than Ericsson there has been no-one that was signed that walked into the side.

I've spent the whole of last season thinking about how if Malky had put the trust in the players that got us up the first time, like Frank has done this season at Brentford, rather than rip the spine out of the side we would have done so much better.

Morisson seems to be building a side that has balance and that buy into what his vision is, without signing super stars and I'll be honest I'm more excited now than I have been for years.

Howe did same at Bournemouth all lower league or some championship players but no star players he got them from div 1 to premier league with basically using same players .. morison definitely knows what hes doing time will tell if it works

Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:57 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:a leopard cannot change it spots unless you paint it whilte! So think everyone is wasting their time pointing out something that as been obvious for long time.......
So why spoil his enjoyment just let him be happy saying what he does afterall it's his choice....

So your saying your more than happy with such an signing? Well I'm not. If it happens.

I mean, the OP must be itk

You are bang on. All of these signings so far have been poor really.

Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:59 pm

Damned Yank wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:a leopard cannot change it spots unless you paint it whilte! So think everyone is wasting their time pointing out something that as been obvious for long time.......
So why spoil his enjoyment just let him be happy saying what he does afterall it's his choice....

So your saying your more than happy with such an signing? Well I'm not. If it happens.

How can you tell when not one of them has made an appearance for us. Give them a chance

Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:10 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Damned Yank wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:

How can you tell when not one of them has made an appearance for us. Give them a chance

Only thing we can go on is their records. If this one was any good, Bolton would have taken him.

Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:28 pm

Barclay1 wrote:

Not sure how or where you got I'm happy with this signing certainly nothing in my post to indicate an opinion of this potential signing? As for you not being happy well I'd be gobsmacked if happy at anything to do with ccfc 50yrs supporting club or not .. . you revel in the fact your unhappy with all things ccfc as its only thing you are on here and as I say thats your choice....... :thumbup:

Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:39 am

The whole point of my initial response was to say that this signing was not one which I wpuld like.

Suddenly the bandwagon was jumped upon. The fact people say I am not happy at anything, whilst incorrect, has nothing to do with the club appatantly interesged in signing a player not wanted by a league one club.

If you look over my posts over recent times there are certain things that I have been reasonably pleased with, and I have suggested that some of this seasons signings have also been decent.

So you are incorrect in your assumption, and I ask the question if you would be happy with this signing as the thread has, ( deliberately) in my opinion gone off topic.

Is this a decent signing or not based on the little we have been told?

Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:49 pm

Barclay1 wrote:The whole point of my initial response was to say that this signing was not one which I wpuld like.

Suddenly the bandwagon was jumped upon. The fact people say I am not happy at anything, whilst incorrect, has nothing to do with the club appatantly interesged in signing a player not wanted by a league one club.

If you look over my posts over recent times there are certain things that I have been reasonably pleased with, and I have suggested that some of this seasons signings have also been decent.

So you are incorrect in your assumption, and I ask the question if you would be happy with this signing as the thread has, ( deliberately) in my opinion gone off topic.

Is this a decent signing or not based on the little we have been told?

Just asking but did Bolton not want him or was it a case of they couldn't afford him?
On paper I have to admit that i'm not overwhelmed but I'm willing to see what happens before making a proper judgement.
we haven't even signed him yet :lol:

Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:41 pm

I darent answer or Ill be accused to listening to gossup and the so called itk brigade.

I know what has been posted on here, and the i timation or my take on it was that Bolton decided not to take up on the offer made by Hamburg.

It would be very interesting to see if the OP put a post up 'based on what has been posted and any of the evidence that has been provided, would Amaechi be a very good signing for us'

Maybe then we could prove the %age of people on here who are in fact 'misery guts' as the OP put it.

Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:27 pm

Bloody hell this has been along day :lol:

Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:05 pm

Robbiebluebird wrote:Bloody hell this has been along day :lol:

You get use to it depends on the quality of posting? :D