Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ More Signings for CCFC expected “

Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:44 pm

Cardiff City manager Steve Morison has confirmed the club will add "a few more new faces" before the transfer window closes.
Morison is very happy with his new squad as he will also add a few more faces this coming week or so.

The Bluebirds have already seen nine new players through the door this summer, but are not resting on their laurels as they prepare to make more additions in the coming weeks.

STEVE MORISON:

“Everything has gone to plan and I’m happy with all my signings and in the next week or so you will see more players coming in and out.”

"The plan was to get as many in the building as early as possible, because I'd rather have five good weeks with them than five weeks with some, four weeks with another or a few days with some.”

"We've got additions coming. There will be a few more new faces, but they will just be adding final pieces to he jigsaw. The core group will have been together for five weeks and we will add some sprinkles to the group."

Read more: Have your say as we ask readers to give their keep or sell verdict on the current Cardiff City squad

The week-long trip to Scotland has been as much about imprinting the new style and philosophy as it has been a team bonding trip with so many new players in the squad. Morison said they are all settling in well, while a few in particular caught the eye of former Bluebirds winger Chris Burke.

"They are all enthused, they are all enjoying it. it's a good group. We spoke to some of the older heads and asked them about the group, how do they feel, they said, 'yeah, really good'. They've all been enjoying their time together, working hard and pushing each other, which is great, seeing lots of players with smiles on their faces."

Asked about the new signings, Morison said: "Excellent. They have added a real impetus to the group and mixed in really well with the others.

"There are some great characters. They've really added to the group. It was interesting we had Birkey [Chris Burke] up here the other day, watching training, and the players he picked out were a lot of the new players who he didn't know. The likes of JC [Jamilu Collins], Ebs [Ebou Adams], Andy [Rinomhota], people like that, they really caught the eye. I'll be really pleased to see them in the fist game in a couple of weeks."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ More Signings for CCFC expected “

Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:05 pm

Two forwards and a centre half.

Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:17 pm

stickywicket wrote:Two forwards and a centre half.

Yes, and more!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:22 pm

Igovernor wrote:
stickywicket wrote:Two forwards and a centre half.

Yes, and more!

Creative midfielder or 2 and another winger needed also

Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:35 pm

Steve Morison:

"The stuff on the grass has been really good, and the stuff off the grass has been just as important."

“Scotland trip was great team bonding!”

“We had plenty of Work on the pitch and off it!”

“My are coming together nicely!”

Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:51 pm

Reply FB:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:09 pm

He’s previously said that he wants to have five loan signings!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:02 pm

A Striker is needed to start off with :bluescarf:

Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:53 am

i would say 2 strikers needed, especially if Watters is leaving, (he's not good enough for me) someone more creative that Rubin can learn from, and a leader of a centre half

Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:04 am

We have some raw players who could turn out to be a bargain but they could be the dross

We need to add some quality now

Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:38 am

I cannot work out what morrison means
a few more to come but they don't sound like what we are exspecting he says the core group have been together whats coming sounds to me like a few bench add on's ?
If he said the 2 best signings are yet to come i would be less worried
i hope they are the firepower we need no hugill so harris and collins up front leading the line surely this cannot be the only offer we have in front of goal.
"Fingers crossed".

Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:48 am

I thought exactly the same By what he said only sounded like bit part players coming in

Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:49 am

I thought exactly the same By what he said only sounded like bit part players coming in

Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:34 pm

JOHN 52

I was trying to read between the lines and no hint of any strikers coming in
we know he has no money and competing with clubs with nothing to offer is difficult
what i cannot understand is tan not stepping in to help with some funds.
If we do find a striker he would probably be over the hill
It was so obvious what we lacked when moore left
And to morrisons credit he got all orger positions covered quickly but this waiting to see what we get upfront is frustrating and if we go with what we have upfront i would very dissapointed.

Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:51 pm

He does say couple coming in to complete jigsaw? Well unless I've missed something that means strikers as they are last pieces of jigsaw! If doesn't bring any in I do question is managerial abilities.

Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:55 pm

We have signed a striker but why there is a delay in announcing it, who knows ?????

Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:59 pm

PEMBROKE ALLAN
We know its the final piece of the jigsaw as we have not moved on a striker i suppose we will just have to wait and see
but why not get us fans buzzing with whats to come it just sounded low key in his statement.

Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:59 pm

Igovernor wrote:We have signed a striker but why there is a delay in announcing it, who knows ?????

To build up the frustration of city fans? We all know need one longer goes on without it being announced more frustrating for fans... :laughing6:

Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:01 pm

montyblue wrote:PEMBROKE ALLAN
We know its the final piece of the jigsaw as we have not moved on a striker i suppose we will just have to wait and see
but why not get us fans buzzing with whats to come it just sounded low key in his statement.

Thats the way of club now nothing comes out until it happens.. so low key about right

Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:07 pm

Igovernor wrote:We have signed a striker but why there is a delay in announcing it, who knows ?????

Can you give any clues on age, previous clubs, recent stats, what league he's from etc?

Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:13 pm

Large Arge wrote:

Can you give any clues on age, previous clubs, recent stats, what league he's from etc?

Sorry, not been told any names! Only that one has been signed, and chasing another, very frustrating I know :banghead:

Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:21 pm

Leeds
desperate to get shot of tyler roberts?

Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:41 pm

The early impetus of new faces, albeit of unknown quality, which, for some adds to the excitement, at what point do the lack of strikers coming in become worrying.

We had no strikers to talk about last year, the year before Kieffer ploughed through on his own as we sold our only other 1st team striker.

Strikers win games and take the glory. Weve bought the best of what was available with our limited (zero) available finance, but now we are faced with competition for strikers, we are going to struggle with the wages that the regime is willing to pay.

The goodwill of previous signings is rapidly wearing off. Purse strings MUST be loosened sonewhat if we are not to fall into the trap of previous years.

Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:49 pm

Barclay1 wrote:The early impetus of new faces, albeit of unknown quality, which, for some adds to the excitement, at what point do the lack of strikers coming in become worrying.

We had no strikers to talk about last year, the year before Kieffer ploughed through on his own as we sold our only other 1st team striker.

Strikers win games and take the glory. Weve bought the best of what was available with our limited (zero) available finance, but now we are faced with competition for strikers, we are going to struggle with the wages that the regime is willing to pay.

The goodwill of previous signings is rapidly wearing off. Purse strings MUST be loosened sonewhat if we are not to fall into the trap of previous years.

What's the point of loosening the purse strings if the purse is empty ?

Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:19 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:The early impetus of new faces, albeit of unknown quality, which, for some adds to the excitement, at what point do the lack of strikers coming in become worrying.

Who decides the purse is empty? We are surely in no worse state than the majority of other Championship clubs, arguably even better than most given our Premier foray, our attendances, and yet there are smaller more unfashionable clubs who are spending wisely and appropriately.

Our regime decide we wont spend money. As such our regime decide we will always be at a disadvantage

Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:36 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
MoodyBluebird wrote:

Who decides the purse is empty? We are surely in no worse state than the majority of other Championship clubs, arguably even better than most given our Premier foray, our attendances, and yet there are smaller more unfashionable clubs who are spending wisely and appropriately.

Our regime decide we wont spend money. As such our regime decide we will always be at a disadvantage

15 Championship clubs have so far spent £0 this window.

5 clubs (us included) have spent less than £1m.

Only 4 clubs have spent over £1m, Watford being the highest with £5.5m spent. Swansea, Sunderland and Millwall have all spent ~£2m.

We’re the 9th highest spending team so far in the transfer window.
We’ve also signed 9 players, the most in the Championship. 14 other teams have brought in 3 or less players.

Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:56 pm

You make it sound as if were spenders! 9th biggest spenders! Maybe true but absolutely Ridiculous.

Id love to see this stat once the season starts, so we can see how much effort the regime put into our club and just how competitive they want us to be.

Ollie Tanner fee was an insignificant amount and more a token. We have spent next to nothing. And for those who talk about 'signing on fees, Agents fees etc'. I have no doubt we'd be near or at the bottom there too meaning that our ability to capture a bit of quality is severely weakened by the the regimes attitude to the club and its fans.

Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:08 pm

Barclay1 wrote:You make it sound as if were spenders! 9th biggest spenders! Maybe true but absolutely Ridiculous.

Id love to see this stat once the season starts, so we can see how much effort the regime put into our club and just how competitive they want us to be.

Ollie Tanner fee was an insignificant amount and more a token. We have spent next to nothing. And for those who talk about 'signing on fees, Agents fees etc'. I have no doubt we'd be near or at the bottom there too meaning that our ability to capture a bit of quality is severely weakened by the the regimes attitude to the club and its fans.

So from now on you’ll wait until the transfer window is closed before slagging off the club will you? Considering you think that the current numbers don’t show an accurate reflection of how competitive we have been/will be in the transfer window.

I’m not quite sure how you think we’d be “near or at the bottom” for agents fees, signing on fees, wages, etc when half the league have signed 2 or less players. Unless you think we’re so tight clubs are offering 5x what we are? In which case how did we manage to convince 9 players to sign for us with such unattractive offers?

Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:37 pm

Large Arge wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:You make it sound as if were spenders! 9th biggest spenders! Maybe true but absolutely Ridiculous.

So from now on you’ll wait until the transfer window is closed before slagging off the club will you? Considering you think that the current numbers don’t show an accurate reflection of how competitive we have been/will be in the transfer window.

I’m not quite sure how you think we’d be “near or at the bottom” for agents fees, signing on fees, wages, etc when half the league have signed 2 or less players. Unless you think we’re so tight clubs are offering 5x what we are? In which case how did we manage to convince 9 players to sign for us with such unattractive offers?

What more can you do other than present the facts as they exist at present ? Some people don't want to acknowledge the truth because they have some ridiculous idea that because they think we are a big club that equates to being loaded. They cannot or will not accept that for the time being at least, we are strapped for cash.

Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:25 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
MoodyBluebird wrote:

Have to laugh at the way you keep pushing the word regime!

But how difficult is it to understand that the club - Mr. Tan - has a business plan in place and a budget in place to run the club?

I’m happy we’re running at a sustainable level in uncertain times and the fact that our owner is keeping us afloat.

The upcoming season is certainly an unknown - we could excel (unlikely imo), we could hold our own or we could bomb but I for one am excited to see which way we are going.

I, again, am happy to go down to the stadium and hopefully enjoy the football. You, on the other hand are never happy unless your moaning.