George Ratcliffe?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

George Ratcliffe?

Postby barnet blue » Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:02 am

City were were sending Ratcliffe of to County last season on loan, then released him, now saying offered him a contract?
Nothing done yet

Luthra has been given the chances Ratcliffe hasn’t and is now with the first team squad up in Scotland. Based on their performances for the Under 23s last season, Luthra is no improvement on Ratcliffe, but it’s hard to see a future for the latter here now - there was a time when he was third choice keeper at the club, now I’d say he’s fifth in line.
barnet blue

George Ratcliffe?

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: George Ratcliffe?

Postby Pantmawr Bluebird » Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:30 am

Although he's only young I feel as though he's been with the club forever.

If he was going to break into the 1st team I feel as though he would have done so by now.

Let's move him on if we can as well as Phillips as we can't really afford the luxury of 5 goalkeepers let alone keep them all happy.
Pantmawr Bluebird

Postby JJ1927 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:42 am

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:Although he's only young I feel as though he's been with the club forever.

If he was going to break into the 1st team I feel as though he would have done so by now.

Let's move him on if we can as well as Phillips as we can't really afford the luxury of 5 goalkeepers let alone keep them all happy.

I agree we don't need two young goalkeepers but as he is only 21 and with two experienced keepers - Philips and Smithies - in front of him its hardly surprising he hasn't had a look in yet. I find it strange that he has gone so far down the pecking order because a lot was expected of him. I wonder if there is more to this than meets the eye after the Dibble situation.
JJ1927

Postby GrangeEndStar » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:39 pm

He appears to be presently 5th place, good GK but someone heard that SM likes taller GK's, not sure if that's true but he is now way down the list for some reason. He is a good keeper though and I think he needs to move on and play men's football to develop. Its tough being a GK as unlike outfield, you can't play in alternative positions so your limited. Good luck to him whatever he decides to do.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby Ninian1962 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:22 pm

barnet blue wrote:City were were sending Ratcliffe of to County last season on loan, then released him, now saying offered him a contract?
Nothing done yet

Luthra has been given the chances Ratcliffe hasn’t and is now with the first team squad up in Scotland. Based on their performances for the Under 23s last season, Luthra is no improvement on Ratcliffe, but it’s hard to see a future for the latter here now - there was a time when he was third choice keeper at the club, now I’d say he’s fifth in line.

Your second paragraph is identical in wording to something The Other Bob Wilson has posted on Mike Morris` messageboard so can you confirm that it is his comment rather than yours?
Ninian1962

Postby Large Arge » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:20 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote: someone heard that SM likes taller GK's, not sure if that's true but he is now way down the list for some reason.

I’ve heard the same however Alnwick and Allsop are both the same height as Smithies and Phillips according to Wiki so not sure what’s going on there.
Large Arge

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:23 pm

Large Arge wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote: someone heard that SM likes taller GK's, not sure if that's true but he is now way down the list for some reason.

I’ve heard the same however Alnwick and Allsop are both the same height as Smithies and Phillips according to Wiki so not sure what’s going on there.

I heard exactly the same.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby GrangeEndStar » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:46 pm

Large Arge wrote:

All the GK's are around 6ft 2"ish, Luthra I believe maybe 6ft 5". Not sure what's going on really but the fact that Ratcliffe was one of the players to be offered a contract suggests that maybe height is not an issue, otherwise he wouldn't have been offered one.
GrangeEndStar

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:11 pm

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:Although he's only young I feel as though he's been with the club forever.

I've heard his lack of shots on target ratio is something Tan personally found disappointing.
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
ealing_ayatollah

Postby GrangeEndStar » Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:06 pm

Interesting that Ratcliffe is on the city website team link as one of four first team GK's, whereas Luthra is U23's. Usually, you have 3 in the first team to cover for potential double injuries, as we saw when both Marshall and Heaton got crocked.Whatever happens, it seems like yet again our GK position is the strongest on the field, which is good.
GrangeEndStar

Return to General Chat