Remember Gents:

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Remember Gents:

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:10 am

So don’t be to disappointed and we can’t blame Steve Morison

Steve Morison is doing a superb job with NO money to buy or offer good wages.

LOAN PLAYERS:

Remember Gents, it’s also about how much we are prepared to pay towards these players wages, that goes a long long way in deciding where the Bigger clubs decide to send their players, plus of course the main reason is the clubs want to see their players out on loan playing with clubs that are ambitious and look like they’ve recruited quality players that will potentially challenge for promotion.
Attachments
3FE568AB-92C9-4D96-A2ED-C5513810D0FB.jpeg
3FE568AB-92C9-4D96-A2ED-C5513810D0FB.jpeg (313.8 KiB) Viewed 7079 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Remember Gents:

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Remember Gents:

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:51 am

Annis plenty in what you say but there are so many variables as to why clubs loan out players to certain clubs and not to others.... one thing never ges mentioned is clubs who take loanees do it to save money take Tommy doyle club would pay several millions for any player of his quality instead get him for percentage of his wages? Getting loans is not a simple thing to do.. why a club peseved to be challenging as better chance than another not sure why that would be case as that team may not play formation or style that would benefit player.... money is very much secondary consideration to teams like man c it's all about players development not how much club can pay ....
pembroke allan

Postby john52 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:52 am

Afraid I have joined your camp in now thinking it’s time for tan to go
john52

Postby john52 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:55 am

Afraid I have joined your camp in now thinking it’s time for tan to go
john52

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:25 am

Replies FB:
Attachments
EAD62394-E9C8-4CA6-90C8-39F5C98F7E1C.jpeg
EAD62394-E9C8-4CA6-90C8-39F5C98F7E1C.jpeg (193.61 KiB) Viewed 5880 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:56 am

pembroke allan wrote:Annis plenty in what you say but there are so many variables as to why clubs loan out players to certain clubs and not to others.... one thing never ges mentioned is clubs who take loanees do it to save money take Tommy doyle club would pay several millions for any player of his quality instead get him for percentage of his wages? Getting loans is not a simple thing to do.. why a club peseved to be challenging as better chance than another not sure why that would be case as that team may not play formation or style that would benefit player.... money is very much secondary consideration to teams like man c it's all about players development not how much club can pay ....

Allan,

I agree , first they want to get their players to a high standard of football and clubs that look like they are going places.
Last season City struggled at first actually to do with the % they were willing to pay towards the loan players.
Clubs actually now what bigger contributions.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:59 am

john52 wrote:Afraid I have joined your camp in now thinking it’s time for tan to go

John,

It’s time Tan moved on , every season we have been Cutting back more and more and we have struggled now for quite a while on the pitch.
Crowds are falling, at the moment 11,700 season tickets sold but many thought Bale was come.
4 years ago 23,500 season ticket holders , then 18,500, then 14,500 and so on.

Tan, Dalman and Choo have NO heart or desire for Cardiff City.
We hear a few words every couple of years.

It’s def time.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby GaerBlue » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:02 pm

I can see us struggling if we don’t strengthen CB and ST sharpish. I think the midfield has enough options at the moment, same with wing backs but If we go in to the season with just McGuiness, Nelson and a Denham at the back and Collins, Harris and Watters as strikers then we are going to struggle badly.

Tan needs to spend some money to bring in some experience now rather than panic buying in January.

Tanner, Jamilu Collins, Adams, Daley-Campbell and Alnwick are all untested at this level. If they all turn out to be shite then we won’t be in a good position at all.
GaerBlue

Postby Large Arge » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
john52 wrote:Afraid I have joined your camp in now thinking it’s time for tan to go

John,

It’s time Tan moved on , every season we have been Cutting back more and more and we have struggled now for quite a while on the pitch.
Crowds are falling, at the moment 11,700 season tickets sold but many thought Bale was come.

It’s def time.

2 weeks ago you said we’d sold 11,700 and that was before the major hype around Bale signing i.e the “It’s happening” and Bale at the Vale stories. If people bought STs on the basis of seeing Bale they’re unlikely to have been in that 11,700 figure. I’d guess we’ve crossed the 12k mark by now. How does that compare with the same time last season?
Large Arge

Postby piledriver64 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:44 pm

I’m not sure I agree on the wages point for loans.

We got Wilson for peanuts for example.

I think most Prem clubs would say they are more concerned about game time and development.

Don’t get me wrong, if a club is offering to pay more they would go for them all other factors being equal. But they certainly wouldn’t choose them if there was no agreement on a minimum amount of game time and another club would.

This is happening more and more which is why it’s so important that we show we will look after these players and have the facilities to do it well.
piledriver64

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Annis plenty in what you say but there are so many variables as to why clubs loan out players to certain clubs and not to others.... one thing never ges mentioned is clubs who take loanees do it to save money take Tommy doyle club would pay several millions for any player of his quality instead get him for percentage of his wages? Getting loans is not a simple thing to do.. why a club peseved to be challenging as better chance than another not sure why that would be case as that team may not play formation or style that would benefit player.... money is very much secondary consideration to teams like man c it's all about players development not how much club can pay ....

Allan,

I agree , first they want to get their players to a high standard of football and clubs that look like they are going places.
Last season City struggled at first actually to do with the % they were willing to pay towards the loan players.
Clubs actually now what bigger contributions.

Probably do want bigger wage contributions.. and that adds to the devide that is happening in championship relegated clubs are far more savvy with premier league money than when we there that's for sure ..
So now relegated teams happy to pay bigger percentage of wages to get quality players at vastly reduced costs to themselves... this season as to be last for cost cutting at the levels we are seeing .... if tan cannot provide decent funds he does need to sell club otherwise we risk going down if not this season next one more of a danger... we all know lack of investment can only mean one thing eventually lots of clubs have done it and suffered the consequences.
pembroke allan

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:12 pm

Large Arge wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

John,

It’s def time.

2 weeks ago you said we’d sold 11,700 and that was before the major hype around Bale signing i.e the “It’s happening” and Bale at the Vale stories. If people bought STs on the basis of seeing Bale they’re unlikely to have been in that 11,700 figure. I’d guess we’ve crossed the 12k mark by now. How does that compare with the same time last season?

The Bale story had been running for weeks, so that of course helped.
I 100% never said this words it’s happening???
Nor did our club.

I haven’t asked but yes I reckon probably hit 12,000 now, I have heard it’s dried up. The season starts this month and it does look like we have sold a lot less again than last season, yet apparently everyone is supposedly very excited and looking forward to the new season and all the new players.

So yes then if that’s true ? Then I would expect us to have sold say 16,000 season tickets.

They were very very good value and had not gone up in price yet again.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:22 pm

piledriver64 wrote:I’m not sure I agree on the wages point for loans.

We got Wilson for peanuts for example.

I think most Prem clubs would say they are more concerned about game time and development.

Don’t get me wrong, if a club is offering to pay more they would go for them all other factors being equal. But they certainly wouldn’t choose them if there was no agreement on a minimum amount of game time and another club would.

This is happening more and more which is why it’s so important that we show we will look after these players and have the facilities to do it well.

Most clubs do ask for contributions towards the wages a fact. Some more than others , more have started to want more.
But I did say the main thing is they want their players to play with a good standard and even better if those clubs look like they are going places.

Doyle going to Sheffield United is good for him and Manchester City.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Bluebird1977 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:12 pm

People won't remember we have no decent money or wages apparently but we have been told this from above.

Although the manager will get the blame that's how the football fan works in most cases. You can not polish a turd in to a diamond in most cases. As the saying goes you get what you pay for unless you get spanked with a deal which we have had many of them why we are in this situation I'm guessing.

On paper we are near the bottom in my option but let's hope myself and others are wrong. I won't be crying about it nore not going just because we have not spend millions like some or not in the top 6 by Xmas. It is what it is. I've seen much worse days but for some they know nothing different so expect the world.

11 players giving there all on the pitch all we can ask for if they have not had championship experience which we have many new signings in that boat then I expect it to be hard but we shall see.

:bluescarf:
:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: “We will dust ourselves down and go again” :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Bluebird1977

Postby Large Arge » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Large Arge wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

John,

It’s def time.

The Bale story had been running for weeks, so that of course helped.
I 100% never said this words it’s happening???
Nor did our club.

I haven’t asked but yes I reckon probably hit 12,000 now, I have heard it’s dried up. The season starts this month and it does look like we have sold a lot less again than last season, yet apparently everyone is supposedly very excited and looking forward to the new season and all the new players.

So yes then if that’s true ? Then I would expect us to have sold say 16,000 season tickets.

They were very very good value and had not gone up in price yet again.

I didn’t say you or the club said “it’s happening”. Scott Johnson did who, in quite a few people’s opinions, is a decent source for club info. That’s only one moment in a multitude that was the main bulk of the Bale hype. The plane from Madrid, being at the Vale, talks between the club and agent, etc. All of which happened after the 11.7k sold announcement. There was a few rumours and speculation about Bale before that but nothing to convince someone to buy a season ticket if they were only going to do so to see Bale.

Depending on the loan players we bring in and pre season I think we’ll end up somewhere around the 14k mark. A bit under if the next month is underwhelming and a bit over if it isn’t.
Large Arge

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:39 pm

Id like to think we will shock people this year but with Nelson at the back I do not think our defensive problems have gone away. No striker who can bang in 20 plus (wherever) he may be will see us struggle in my opinion. I hope i am proved wrong.

Remember the excuse of getting hammered 4-0...they arent used to playing front of 27,000....well this season will see players who have not done that either.
1980s Bluebird

Postby Bakedalasker » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:46 pm

We lost out to Ryan Giles because of our style of play under Morison. He came to us with McCarthy as manager and he did ok but I felt under Morison he did better. Wolves didn't think so and sent him to Blackburn where he did nothing at all. Wolves made a mess of that one.
Bakedalasker

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:58 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

We lost out to Ryan Giles because of our style of play under Morison. He came to us with McCarthy as manager and he did ok but I felt under Morison he did better. Wolves didn't think so and sent him to Blackburn where he did nothing at all. Wolves made a mess of that one.

Not sure what they were trying to do with him? They messed him up badly saying wanted to see how he was with 1st team then did nothing declined to send him back to us where like you thought he improved under morison....but I have said players rarely go back for 2nd loan spell at same club..... loans ate total hit or miss when it comes to getting players as club is at the mercy of parent club... money is way down season for sending a player to a certain club
pembroke allan

Postby OwainGlyndŵr123 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:08 pm

Steve Morison comes out and says how happy he is with the squad and his new signings. Therefore Steve Morison will be to blame if we ultimately fail, no matter what his budget was. If he’s happy as he says, then the buck stops with him. I’m expecting another tough season. Hopefully we see progress in the playing style at least.
OwainGlyndŵr123

Postby Bluebina » Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:54 am

Geography doesn't help us, Sheffield and many other clubs are nearer more Northern teams, some of the Manchester loans may not have to move or may be able to part time move and get home easier, us and Swansea are out on a limb.
Bluebina

Postby Bluebina » Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:03 am

Bluebird1977 wrote:People won't remember we have no decent money or wages apparently but we have been told this from above.

Although the manager will get the blame that's how the football fan works in most cases. You can not polish a turd in to a diamond in most cases. As the saying goes you get what you pay for unless you get spanked with a deal which we have had many of them why we are in this situation I'm guessing.

On paper we are near the bottom in my option but let's hope myself and others are wrong. I won't be crying about it nore not going just because we have not spend millions like some or not in the top 6 by Xmas. It is what it is. I've seen much worse days but for some they know nothing different so expect the world.

11 players giving there all on the pitch all we can ask for if they have not had championship experience which we have many new signings in that boat then I expect it to be hard but we shall see.

At the minute, where is the flair and strikers who will replace the likes of players like Harry Wilson (season before I know but was brilliant) Dramah, Doyle, Moore Hugill. The midfield looks solid on paper and hard working but is there anyone with flair to put the ball through, and there is no one to score even if they do?

We need probably five players two strikers at least!!!
Bluebina

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:42 am

Update:

Today

13,000 season tickets now sold

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Bluebird1977 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:57 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:People won't remember we have no decent money or wages apparently but we have been told this from above.

At the minute, where is the flair and strikers who will replace the likes of players like Harry Wilson (season before I know but was brilliant) Dramah, Doyle, Moore Hugill. The midfield looks solid on paper and hard working but is there anyone with flair to put the ball through, and there is no one to score even if they do?

We need probably five players two strikers at least!!!

I totally agree. I wouldn't pay our current batch of strikers in old socks but I'm not funding the club weekly. We defo need a new strike force anyone with brain cells can see that if we are to survive I'd say. Like i said above it boils down to money if they come in or not. :bluescarf:
:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: “We will dust ourselves down and go again” :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Bluebird1977

Return to General Chat