Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

So blunt upfront!

Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:13 am

Where are these strikers, we need a players for the final third, we look potentially solid but need some strikers and flair, the loan market is going to make or break the seasosn?

Re: So blunt upfront!

Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:33 am

What worries me is that if we are looking at the loan market for strikers then such players especially if from Premier League clubs are likely to be youngsters with potential (which could go either way) but also that we may not be able to get them in until the end of the window.

Until then we would have to rely upon Collins and Harris mainly especially with Davies injured - for a whole month. The midfield with the exception of Ralls have about 10 goals in total between them and I worry that we could face a very difficult first month of the season if we're waiting for reinforcements to arrive at the end of the window.

Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:35 am

Still plenty of time left in the window yet. The core of the group is solid just need to add that extra bit of quality up top which I'm sure Morison and Co are working their nuts off to secure.

Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:42 am

We can't afford any quality up front but we can be patient and use our loan signings in that dept when the premier sides have decided onvtheir squad. Would rather do this than end up with more average players. We have to even go with what we have for the first few games but hopefully the wait will be worth it.

Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:51 am

pontlliwblue wrote:We can't afford any quality up front but we can be patient and use our loan signings in that dept when the premier sides have decided onvtheir squad. Would rather do this than end up with more average players. We have to even go with what we have for the first few games but hopefully the wait will be worth it.

Yes it's not only strikers though we need flair players to feed them a fit Tomlin, or a Harry Wilson, that would be the key!

Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:16 am

I have a feeling we will utilise the loan market for the strikers. I think our signings so far have been decent and signed with a view of how we will look to play. Looking at the loans we had last year, which were in general very good I would be surprised if this seasons were not of at least equal quality.

Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:28 am

I can't believe the lack of patience shown by some on here. Just because we got the bulk of our dealings done very early, it doesn't mean SM is content with the forward players currently at his disposal. It's quite obvious that he's on the hunt for strikers so just let him get on with it.

Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:00 am

MoodyBluebird wrote:I can't believe the lack of patience shown by some on here. Just because we got the bulk of our dealings done very early, it doesn't mean SM is content with the forward players currently at his disposal. It's quite obvious that he's on the hunt for strikers so just let him get on with it.

Patience is not a virtue on this forum! But as there ben any decent forwards available so far that realistically we could sign? But the young strikers that get loaned out by premier clubs can be as good as the journey men we have wasted money on past 3 yrs so be interesting to see who we will bring in because we will bring couple in ....

Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:11 am

Bluebina wrote:
pontlliwblue wrote:We can't afford any quality up front but we can be patient and use our loan signings in that dept when the premier sides have decided onvtheir squad. Would rather do this than end up with more average players. We have to even go with what we have for the first few games but hopefully the wait will be worth it.

Yes it's not only strikers though we need flair players to feed them a fit Tomlin, or a Harry Wilson, that would be the key!

Midfielder with an eye for a pass and a bit of flair will be signed this week. Him and colwill good options to play in front of a more defensive 2 in midfield.

Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:35 am

Big Kief the chief wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Midfielder with an eye for a pass and a bit of flair will be signed this week. Him and colwill good options to play in front of a more defensive 2 in midfield.

Nice I hope so :thumbup:

That will be a good addition, it's really what we need :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:30 pm

Didn't realise the transfer window had closed.

Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:54 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Didn't realise the transfer window had closed.

Ned not sure it matters to some whoever we get in as a striker wont be good enough...

Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:00 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Didn't realise the transfer window had closed.

Ned not sure it matters to some whoever we get in as a striker wont be good enough...

Correct if Collins, Watters, White, Harris and O'dowda (listed as an attacker) are anything to go by :thumbup: