Good business this transfer window

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby wez1927 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:54 am

How much would these players cost in an open market transfer? ,I say its in the millions ,not sure how much in signing on fees or agent fees as there's no such thing as a free transfer these days but on the face of it,we have saved millions in transfer fees ,these players we have signed arnt on the scrap heap they have one thing in common they were all still wanted by the clubs they ended the season with ,Morisons scouting system seems to be far more superior than past managers. The players are exciting and have points to prove ,I'm really looking forward to this sesson .
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Good business this transfer window

Postby Always City » Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:11 am

wez1927 wrote:How much would these players cost in an open market transfer? ,I say its in the millions ,not sure how much in signing on fees or agent fees as there's no such thing as a free transfer these days but on the face of it,we have saved millions in transfer fees ,these players we have signed arnt on the scrap heap they have one thing in common they were all still wanted by the clubs they ended the season with ,Morisons scouting system seems to be far more superior than past managers. The players are exciting and have points to prove ,I'm really looking forward to this sesson .

:lol:

Mate you can only say that after we have seen league matches and how they do, they were mostly other clubs cast ifs and rejects. Freebies , mate if we are in the play offs come May, I will salute Morison
Always City

Postby wez1927 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:14 am

Always City wrote:
wez1927 wrote:How much would these players cost in an open market transfer? ,I say its in the millions ,not sure how much in signing on fees or agent fees as there's no such thing as a free transfer these days but on the face of it,we have saved millions in transfer fees ,these players we have signed arnt on the scrap heap they have one thing in common they were all still wanted by the clubs they ended the season with ,Morisons scouting system seems to be far more superior than past managers. The players are exciting and have points to prove ,I'm really looking forward to this sesson .

:lol:

Mate you can only say that after we have seen league matches and how they do, they were mostly other clubs cast ifs and rejects. Freebies , mate if we are in the play offs come May, I will salute Morison

Stoke wanted Sawyers,Reading wanted rabio,the list could go on ,just coz they are free transfers doesn't mean they are cast offs .
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby llan bluebird » Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:10 pm

This has been an excellent window
Last season we had 2 championship and 2 L1 midfielders now we have 4 and adams
llan bluebird

Postby Carpe Diem » Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:59 pm

You can’t judge the signings until they play. I pray it works out but there could be a reason most are free transfers. It’s not like the top teams in the division were after any of them.
Carpe Diem

Postby eddiep » Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:31 am

Credit to Steve.
Amazing window
Whatever our position next season.

A club lurching from crisis to crisis.
Big signing fees, big wages, no selling fees, totally unsustainable.

Only problem is
Steve needs support, two up front and possibly a centre back of quality.
They demand fees.
I'd be gutted if this freebie squad struggles and puts pressure on Steves
Team, moaning fans etc looking to sack him, when hes had no financial
support, ...
We need stability and growth
you reap what you sow
eddiep

Postby Mr Moo Cow » Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:31 am

Just imagine we lose the first 6 games ………would it be a good transfer window then ?

I can’t see us scoring goals to be honest
Mr Moo Cow

Postby OwainGlyndŵr123 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:45 am

At the moment they are worth what we had them for. They need to prove themselves now. If not then they’ll be leaving on frees again.
OwainGlyndŵr123

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:16 am

OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:

At the moment they are worth what we had them for. They need to prove themselves now. If not then they’ll be leaving on frees again.

Spot on.

How can anyone say it’s good business until we see how they play / perform after 12 games etc

No way can anyone say good business, will you say that if we were relegated or in the bottom 6 all season?

Top 2 or make the play offs yes good business.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Abergavenny » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:50 am

Forever Blue wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:

Spot on.

How can anyone say it’s good business until we see how they play / perform after 12 games etc

No way can anyone say good business, will you say that if we were relegated or in the bottom 6 all season?

Agree with you on this Annis I like to think i know something about football but i will admit apart from a couple of the players we signed i really know nothing about them . It is too early to call Nothing in the players we signed past really shows that they are up to a great standard . I see people saying people like Tanner will be a starter and a star yet he has never played higher than the 9th level of English football and is being judged on a youtube video
If we end up in top half of the division i will be delighted based on what i see at this moment in time
Abergavenny

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:53 am

Abergavenny wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:

Spot on.

Agree with you on this Annis I like to think i know something about football but i will admit apart from a couple of the players we signed i really know nothing about them . It is too early to call Nothing in the players we signed past really shows that they are up to a great standard . I see people saying people like Tanner will be a starter and a star yet he has never played higher than the 9th level of English football and is being judged on a youtube video
If we end up in top half of the division i will be delighted based on what i see at this moment in time

Your virtually spot on, we can’t make out these are world beaters as the majority have never even played at this level.
We want them all to succeed for the good of our club.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Blueman39 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:30 am

Numbers in has been good but quality in some is unknown (e.g Tanner)
Think the next 2 weeks for signings / friendlies will be vital plus first 12 league games will tell us how good / bad it’s been.
The one that really intrigues me is Tanner as he seems talented but raw….will be interesting if he gets game time based on Morison using Colwill sparingly so far.
I’m hoping for top 10 and would be delighted with top 6.
2 good signings up front and we could be a decent team.
Blueman39

Return to General Chat