Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Steve Morison thinking of letting?

Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:57 pm

Eli King out on loan for the season, Eli King is 20 years this year and for me , at this age I honestly believe your either Championship mater or not on most players .

?

We keep going on about all our great youngsters but we hardly keep them or play them?

I know Steve Morison reads this forum daily and if we are suppose to have all these great youngsters let’s see at least 6 of them incl Eli King in the match day squad .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Steve Morison thinking of letting?

Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:10 pm

I'm not sure I agree with you on this one.

For a midfield player 20 isn't old and I think he would benefit from playing regularly. Particularly from the physical perspective.

If he was 21, 22 then yes you'd think he would have shown a bit more by now but players can be late developers and Morison clearly rates him.

This isn't a Mark Harris situation. He'll turn 24 this season and you'd certainly expect somebody to be established by then if they have what it takes.

Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:17 pm

Damned if he does damned if he doesnt

Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:38 pm

Consistently tell us there not good enough and slate the club for putting them in the match day squad. Now your calling for them to put in. Make your mind up

Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:47 pm

the most important thing is these players get games and develop. We have signed some superb midfielders this summer so its perhaps not the right time to throw King in regularly. A good loan move to a team that suits his style would be far better than the odd appearance off the bench for us.

Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:51 pm

Plenty of players join the Championship older than 20 and fit in just fine. He’s unlikely to play for us so why waste his development sitting on our bench?

Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:00 pm

At 20 he should at least be a squad regular, not neccesarily 1st team, if he is good enough.

For me he was anonymous in his games last season apart from a pass that led to a goal against Derby. Each game passed him by.

He's got 5 Centre Mids ahead of him now. His chances will be limited and if he was a year or two older I'd say let him go. At 20 I think he should spend the season away on loan

Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:35 pm

I also disagree with you on this one Annis

My view is that after years of neglecting our young players we bled a few in last season but probably couldn't risk any more.

Reality is that last season wasn't a healthy season to bleed youngsters into the first team but we were forced to due to useless team development and lack of money.

That has meant a few young players haven't had the first team exposure they should have had by now and are older starting that process than they should have been.

Some, like king, still have a chance with us but do need some league experience.

A loan would suit king.

Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Eli King out on loan for the season, Eli King is 20 years this year and for me , at this age I honestly believe your either Championship mater or not on most players .

?

We keep going on about all our great youngsters but we hardly keep them or play them?

I know Steve Morison reads this forum daily and if we are suppose to have all these great youngsters let’s see at least 6 of them incl Eli King in the match day squad .

A loan is needed for Eli with a view to returning in Jan if he does well....he has promise