Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff Chairman Dalman Tonight:

Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:35 pm

CARDIFF CITY CHAIRMAN DALMAN:

“In a ideal world we would like to buy a player and loan a player in the positions we just discussed” (strikers)

Also said the same as Morison pointing out that it’s out of our hands and waiting on answers back.

Asked about season ticket sakes this season, Dalman said he never knew that’s a CEO job.

To become debt free?

“Last season we burnt £36mill at £3mill a month.”
“That won’t happen over the next few years as we have cut the wages, budget, so we won’t lose money.”

Why was the Transfer Committee formed?

“It was formed by myself (Dalman) because players were being brought in without the managers say, so after Malky went later on I formed it so Vincent and the managers both were involved in future players being brought in.”

Neil Harris has suggested the board were choosing the players and NG was one of them?

“That’s news to me as Ken Choo said everyone was on board, so you will need to ask Len when you get him on here.”

Dalman has said one of the strikers we’re in for would require the club to write a check out and they will try their hardest to bring in a striker before the deadline.

He says no idea how many ST sold quote says “genuinely no idea” re Bale said Bale asked wages wise he wouldn’t have wanted more than the current Cardiff City top earner if he had joined

Asked if we need a Director etc full time looking after Cardiff City?

“We already have in Steve Borley who is doing a fantastic job and has done for the last 20 years.”

Asked about CEO Ken Choo?

“Ken works half the week at Cardiff City.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cardiff chairman Dalman Tonight:

Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:51 pm

"​loads of ex players have come out and said on other podcasts, that the owner would interefere with tactics, who played, and what players were to be signed" my question that was asked

his answer : i don't know what the weather is like in Wales, but its warm where i am"

i don't know if he's avoiding the question, basically admitting it was true or what

Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:55 pm

bluebird04 wrote:"​loads of ex players have come out and said on other podcasts, that the owner would interefere with tactics, who played, and what players were to be signed" my question that was asked

his answer : i don't know what the weather is like in Wales, but its warm where i am"

i don't know if he's avoiding the question, basically admitting it was true or what

It’s been happening for years during this Regime’s reign and to
Many have said it now and even Dalmans admitted it, but said he put a stop to it. ( can we believe him? He never really answers as he passes the the questions on if difficult).

Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:03 pm

So the board was buying players, and, Dalman, by his refusal to answer the question, confirms Tans interference in tactics and team selection.

At least its confirmed.

Wish I'd listened now!!

Re: Cardiff Chairman Dalman Tonight:

Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:06 pm

I think at the time tan did it in his early years as owner but don’t think he gets involved at all anymore

Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:07 pm

Barclay1 wrote:So the board was buying players, and, Dalman, by his refusal to answer the question, confirms Tans interference in tactics and team selection.

At least its confirmed.

Wish I'd listened now!!

Once again confirmed without a doubt Jonny, something I have been saying for years.
Dalman cleverly said he put a stop to it when he came in and formed the Committee ( Committee was the May formed about 5-6 yrs ago).

Plus all signings from them on were agreed with Tan and the manager, so they can’t really keep blaming managers.

Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:13 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:I think at the time tan did it in his early years as owner but don’t think he gets involved at all anymore

I agree, I believe it’s stopped.

But Carl and we’re slated back then for even saying it was happening, the same posters now still trying to deny it.

Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:16 pm

I only heard half of the interview the last 20mins or so.

Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:18 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebird04 wrote:"​loads of ex players have come out and said on other podcasts, that the owner would interefere with tactics, who played, and what players were to be signed" my question that was asked

Many have said it now and even Dalmans admitted it, but said he put a stop to it. ( can we believe him? He never really answers as he passes the the questions on if difficult).

I don't think owners interfering with selection is a new thing.There's a 1950's autobiography by a player whose name escapes me,left a blank page entitled "What football owners know about football"
A strong manager will ignore any interference.
Last edited by stickywicket on Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:18 pm

Unbelievable for our own Chairman:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:19 pm

stickywicket wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I don't think owners interfering with selection is a new thing.There's a 1950's autobiography by a player whose name escapes me,left a blank page entitled "What football owners know about football"
A strong manager will ignore any interference.

That’s not my point, we were called liars by the same usual suspects on here, that’s the point.

Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:20 pm

Like si said on the podcast he doesn’t have to go on there and ask questions live but FairPlay to him for doing it and FairPlay to si for asking mostly every question.

I would expect a chairman to know how many season tickets they have sold.

Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:22 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:Like si said on the podcast he doesn’t have to go on there and ask questions live but FairPlay to him for doing it and FairPlay to si for asking mostly every question.

I would expect a chairman to know how many season tickets they have sold.

Our club pay him a wage and expenses so yes once every 6-12 months I think he should do that at least.

Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:25 pm

I’d be fuming if I was Choo.

Dalman is chairman. Why does he always throw Choo under the bus who’s role should be based in commercial deals and not the footballing side?

Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:25 pm

hat was very amateurish from the host and from Dalman - both of them were winging it - but worth watching all the same.

Some good stuff on Bale, on the club debt, on the role of the Transfer Committee, on the prospects of the club coming out the other side of Championship Austerity, on the job Morison has done, a bit on vision and strategy (and Dalman having a lower expectation for this season than Tan or the Board), and a few other issues.

There were too many 'don't knows' and some of the questions trailed on here never got asked, but overall a useful and sometimes informative session.

Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:26 pm

M4 Exile wrote:I’d be fuming if I was Choo.

Dalman is chairman. Why does he always throw Choo under the bus who’s role should be based in commercial deals and not the footballing side?

Mate, he always throws Choo under the bus, blames him all the time

Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:37 pm

Reply Twitter:

Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:41 pm

I wouldn't believe a word that dalman says tbh. If he said it was raining outside I'd pull the blinds back to see if it was :bluescarf:

3m a month f**k me guaranteed it be 2m a month still next season :lol:

Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:45 pm

3m a month absolute bullshit. Around the same time he said we received a very generous offer from a consortium to buy the club. First of all, what kind of consortium would want to buy a business that’s losing 3m a month and second of all, what kind of owner would refuse to sell for a very generous offer when he’s losing 3m a month…. Doesn’t add up to me.

Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:50 pm

If only the Charlton deal went through last year. Should have been shown the door after that.

Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:01 pm

Reply FB:

Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Reply Twitter:

I actually did put it in there when he said about how £75n was loans from tan. I said don't we owe you money that you are charging interest on. But it didn't get read out

Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:12 pm

bluebird04 wrote:

I actually did put it in there when he said about how £75n was loans from tan. I said don't we owe you money that you are charging interest on. But it didn't get read out

:thumbright: :thumbright:

I wasn’t impressed with the presenter, not very well prepared.

Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebird04 wrote:

Just watched the rest of it as missed quite a bit he was very unprepared and a bit all over the place

Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:26 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
bluebird04 wrote:

Just watched the rest of it as missed quite a bit he was very unprepared and a bit all over the place

That’s exactly how I saw it.

Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
bluebird04 wrote:

That’s exactly how I saw it.

In his defence, you can’t really prepare for a live Q and A session. It wasn’t the best interview don’t get me wrong, but, you got to sort of wing it because you don’t know what questions are going to be asked and what answers he’s going to get. But I thought he could have pushed Dalman a bit more on certain questions and really challenge him but I guess he doesn’t want to risk upsetting him or else he won’t be in his show again.

Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Unbelievable for our own Chairman:

I disagree, why would he need to know that? And he answered with respect that it is the Chief Executives Job, why would a chairman need to know how many season tickets have been sold?

Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:32 pm

RV Casual wrote:

I disagree, why would he need to know that? And he answered with respect that it is the Chief Executives Job, why would a chairman need to know how many season tickets have been sold?

Because he is the top man and he needs to know exactly what is going on.

I would imagine Tan would not be impressed if his CEO could not answer such a basic question.

Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:39 pm

RV Casual wrote:

Are you serious Stephen?

The man at the top Chairman of a football club, has no idea how many of the fans have bought season tickets for the new season :lol: :lol:

And yet Dalman is saying the club is now being run better in cut backs, yet he does not know the income coming in, you are joking.

Two days before season starts and the man at the top does not know how many fans have put money in to the club, No wonder we are in such trouble.

Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Are you serious Stephen?

The man at the top Chairman of a football club, has no idea how many of the fans have bought season tickets for the new season :lol: :lol:

And yet Dalman is saying the club is now being run better in cut backs, yet he does not know the income coming in, you are joking

Two days before season starts and the man at the top does not know how many fans have put money in to the club, No wonder we are in such trouble.

He doesn’t actually know the supporters either we are just commodities!