Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Cardiff Chairman Dalman Tonight:

Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Unbelievable for our own Chairman:

I disagree, why would he need to know that? And he answered with respect that it is the Chief Executives Job, why would a chairman need to know how many season tickets have been sold?

Are you serious Stephen?

The man at the top Chairman of a football club, has no idea how many of the fans have bought season tickets for the new season :lol: :lol:

And yet Dalman is saying the club is now being run better in cut backs, yet he does not know the income coming in, you are joking.

Two days before season starts and the man at the top does not know how many fans have put money in to the club, No wonder we are in such trouble.

Yes mate 100% serious, he said himself its Kens job, its not something he needs to know.

I thought he came accross realy well in the interview, im not his biggest fan but I couldnt fault anything he said.

He answered every question and the ones he couldnt answer he said straight up and said to get Ken on

Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:20 pm

Dalman - TALKS A GOOD GAME - Throwing the Fans Fav Choo under the bus or Train ;)

Not got a clue on Season tickets - May be to busy on " Topping Up His TAN " !!!!! ;)

Wake Up People ..... This is a guy who was happy to jump ship for Charlton :roll:

Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:42 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

I disagree, why would he need to know that? And he answered with respect that it is the Chief Executives Job, why would a chairman need to know how many season tickets have been sold?

Because he is the top man and he needs to know exactly what is going on.

I would imagine Tan would not be impressed if his CEO could not answer such a basic question.

I agree, which is why Dalman refered the question to Ken Choo who is the CEO if you bothered to listen.

Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:59 am

RV Casual wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Are you serious Stephen?

The man at the top Chairman of a football club, has no idea how many of the fans have bought season tickets for the new season :lol: :lol:

And yet Dalman is saying the club is now being run better in cut backs, yet he does not know the income coming in, you are joking.

Two days before season starts and the man at the top does not know how many fans have put money in to the club, No wonder we are in such trouble.

Yes mate 100% serious, he said himself its Kens job, its not something he needs to know.

I thought he came accross realy well in the interview, im not his biggest fan but I couldnt fault anything he said.

He answered every question and the ones he couldnt answer he said straight up and said to get Ken on

Stephen,

I have run business all my life with capacities of even 4,000 every night at midnight my Father wanted to know how many had entered and what we had taken.
We are not expecting Dalman to be in the office counting them, but as the senior figure of the club, you would expect him to know the sales of the club and how many have bought etc even more with the season only two days away.

I still can’t believe you don’t believe that, well for me 1,000% just shows how little in the had in our club end off.

The Chairman is suppose to know all the main things and our crowds are def at the top of that list.
Dalman kept passing the buck and so easy to do that as he has NO interest in our club.

I honestly can’t debate this is issue with you as it’s completely madness having run my own businesses etc

Answer straight if you were the Chairman of Cardiff City would you not want to know the crowds or how many season tickets were sold?

Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:02 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:Dalman - TALKS A GOOD GAME - Throwing the Fans Fav Choo under the bus or Train ;)

Not got a clue on Season tickets - May be to busy on " Topping Up His TAN " !!!!! ;)

Wake Up People ..... This is a guy who was happy to jump ship for Charlton :roll:

Tony,

Your so right , but some of the Committee fans are shall we say, more gullible than I thought.

Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:20 am

Forever Blue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Are you serious Stephen?

Stephen,

I have run business all my life with capacities of even 4,000 every night at midnight my Father wanted to know how many had entered and what we had taken.
We are not expecting Dalman to be in the office counting them, but as the senior figure of the club, you would expect him to know the sales of the club and how many have bought etc even more with the season only two days away.

I still can’t believe you don’t believe that, well for me 1,000% just shows how little in the had in our club end off.

The Chairman is suppose to know all the main things and our crowds are def at the top of that list.
Dalman kept passing the buck and so easy to do that as he has NO interest in our club.

I honestly can’t debate this is issue with you as it’s completely madness having run my own businesses etc

Answer straight if you were the Chairman of Cardiff City would you not want to know the crowds or how many season tickets were sold?

Got to agree with you for once, Tan should f**k him off ,poor interview

Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:42 am

Forever Blue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Are you serious Stephen?

Stephen,

Agree with Annis on this point I use to run a large team of advisers for one of the Europe’s largest financial firms and if the chairman asked me how are the figures going and i did not know I would not have survived unless i had just come back off holidays that minute
I would have thought he would have been given weekly figures at the very least

Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:25 am

Nobody asked him the most important question,"how much are the HOT DOGS this season" :bluebird:

Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:40 am

I can't believe our chairman doesn't have any idea how many season tickets we've sold!

Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:25 pm

Not sure why they do it having q&a session with fans only going to end one way "badly" as seen with other ceo's previously.... when your not liked nothing will change no matter what they say to fans... not sure he does anything useful at club anyway and he should have gone after Charlton fiasco ...
As for st question it shows questions were not pre booked otherwise he would have found out b 4 hand.....

Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:40 pm

I’m not a Tan hater but I’m none too keen on Dalman.

He did more damage with that interview than he would have by avoiding it.

I’m hoping that he has hidden skills on the money side that make him valued by Tan but at the moment I’m struggling to see what he brings to the party.

I don’t think Tan would be impressed with the way he answered/didn’t answer some of those questions and I can’t see that Choo will be too happy with the way he dumped on him either.

Perhaps he should just fade back into the background !!

Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:44 pm

Mehmet never hides from a question.. always enjoy listening to him .

Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:01 pm

Cardiff were approached by Bales agent,they had he said Bale wanted to sign for us, spent three weeks to get a deal up to his expectations, then LA came in and he went there, so he was coming but changed his mind!

Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:41 pm

Bits were interesting but we've learned nothing new and he shows no real interest in the club which we also knew. Fair play to the guy who arranged it but it was like watching a car crash at times.

What's odd to me is why MD went on this in the first place, it's not exactly The Athletic? I say this because the Trust had asked a lot of questions that many fans would like answers to, albeit it in another car crash fashion, to which the club understandably responded with a damning official statement on the web site which then hit the media. It's clear that Dalman doesn't mind talking about some of these concerns but why not do it on a quality platform? Some of the concerns were lightly touched on last night but with no real answers given.

He really doesn't care and adds no value as far as I can see, however, there were positives in what he said, I just wish the club would engage with the fans and keep us in the loop, even on a semi regular basis with a few words from the top.

Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Are you serious Stephen?

Annis, I don't like knocking the club and the board, but of course he should know exactly how many season tickets have been sold and have at least daily updates if not live data, the same with individual ticket sales for every game.

I know we have other income streams but live fans at the ground are not only income they are the life blood of the club and if they are kept happy and enjoying themselves they will spread the word, bring other fans and the club as a whole will grow, he should be all over this it's important.

Anyone reading this for Dalman tell him to get his act in gear, he should know these figures they are vitally important, this is a bad oversight.

Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:07 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Are you serious Stephen?

Annis, I don't like knocking the club and the board, but of course he should know exactly how many season tickets have been sold and have at least daily updates if not live data, the same with individual ticket sales for every game.

I know we have other income streams but live fans at the ground are not only income they are the life blood of the club and if they are kept happy and enjoying themselves they will spread the word, bring other fans and the club as a whole will grow, he should be all over this it's important.

Anyone reading this for Dalman tell him to get his act in gear, he should know these figures they are vitally important, this is a bad oversight.

True ,very unprofessional not to know the season ticket sales to date, even a ball park figure he should know ffs.

Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:20 pm

Bluebina wrote:Cardiff were approached by Bales agent,they had he said Bale wanted to sign for us, spent three weeks to get a deal up to his expectations, then LA came in and he went there, so he was coming but changed his mind!

Yet GB agent said LALA approached them immediately after qualification game? Sounds lik GB's agent dealing in two offers at same time time. :o

Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:26 pm

Absolutely clueless! So he thinks by not spending anything, not replacing players, not buying strikers, not investing in our club will clear our debt?? This moron takes our money and support for granted! Doesn't he realise that by not investing in the business we will be playing league 2 football in front of 5,000 fans. What a way to run a business?

Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:21 pm

Llantwit bluebird wrote:Absolutely clueless! So he thinks by not spending anything, not replacing players, not buying strikers, not investing in our club will clear our debt?? This moron takes our money and support for granted! Doesn't he realise that by not investing in the business we will be playing league 2 football in front of 5,000 fans. What a way to run a business?

Not defending him here as I don't particularly like the man, but how can you say we are not replacing players? I think 14 left and 12 have come in. Apart from uptop, I think we are stronger and more balanced than last season - and I am still confident we will see a striker come in as well.

No one knows how this season will go but I look at the squad and see a younger team with more sell on value. Quicker players who are actually capable of knocking a football around. And a massively reduced wage bill. We are definitely heading in the right direction of becoming more sustainable.

Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:23 pm

City slicker27 wrote:
Llantwit bluebird wrote:Absolutely clueless! So he thinks by not spending anything, not replacing players, not buying strikers, not investing in our club will clear our debt?? This moron takes our money and support for granted! Doesn't he realise that by not investing in the business we will be playing league 2 football in front of 5,000 fans. What a way to run a business?

Not defending him here as I don't particularly like the man, but how can you say we are not replacing players? I think 14 left and 12 have come in. Apart from uptop, I think we are stronger and more balanced than last season - and I am still confident we will see a striker come in as well.

No one knows how this season will go but I look at the squad and see a younger team with more sell on value. Quicker players who are actually capable of knocking a football around. And a massively reduced wage bill. We are definitely heading in the right direction of becoming more sustainable.

Totally agree our midfield is light years ahead of last year

Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:40 pm

Think your post is clueless..... we've brought in 13 players replacing over paid ones.... despite some peoples weird idea of spending money we have had to pay signing on fees so your assertions are totally wrong.. :thumbup:

Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:06 am

Old news at this point but 100% FACT that everyone around Bale assumed he was coming to the City up until the day he was announced at LAFC.

Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:02 am

Forever Blue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Are you serious Stephen?

Stephen,

Running a nightclub is a bit different from knowing how many season tickets are sold , as you would need to know the exact figure on the night for fire safety reasons as part of the local authority licensing legislation, and knowing what’s come through the door would assist with stock taking etc. (The football club does the same on match days via the turnstiles)

As a chairman he is only really concerned with how much income and total revenue has been generated for the current season. It appears to me that the baseline income level has been achieved , hence the aggressive moves with new players incoming into the club.

Yes they are free transfers however they still cost money as players usually receive a undisclosed signing on fee and the club have offered fairly long contracts this year.

20,000 season tickets at £100, would be the same income level as 10,000 season tickets at £200.

Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:02 pm

Mr Ducie wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Are you serious Stephen?

Stephen,

Running a nightclub is a bit different from knowing how many season tickets are sold , as you would need to know the exact figure on the night for fire safety reasons as part of the local authority licensing legislation, and knowing what’s come through the door would assist with stock taking etc. (The football club does the same on match days via the turnstiles)

As a chairman he is only really concerned with how much income and total revenue has been generated for the current season. It appears to me that the baseline income level has been achieved , hence the aggressive moves with new players incoming into the club.

Yes they are free transfers however they still cost money as players usually receive a undisclosed signing on fee and the club have offered fairly long contracts this year.

20,000 season tickets at £100, would be the same income level as 10,000 season tickets at £200.

This has to be the joke of the season post as you just said Dalman would need to know the income , well what are season ticket sales ?

:lol: :lol:

Joff,

Because I would and I know you.

Your mate Stephen, I know your only trying your best to stick up for him, but he seems to have stopped replying.
If you were at the top, Chairman, honestly now would you not want to know?

Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Mr Ducie wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Are you serious Stephen?

Stephen,

This has to be the joke of the season post as you just said Dalman would need to know the income , well what are season ticket sales ?

:lol: :lol:

Joff,

Because I would and I know you.

Your mate Stephen, I know your only trying your best to stick up for him, but he seems to have stopped replying.
If you were at the top, Chairman, honestly now would you not want to know?

??