Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Away games, sit anywhere?

Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:55 pm

Despite what your ticket states is it an ‘unwritten’ rule that you can basically sit anywhere for away games?
I’ve just had Reading tix that are row B that I’m guessing is right at the front. No thanks. :bluescarf:

Re: Away games, sit anywhere?

Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:02 pm

Yes you can

Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:05 pm

Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:Yes you can

Thanks mate.

Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:12 pm

In the times when only a few hundred would travel away you could certainly sit or stand more or less where you wanted but with some away games now selling out it's a bit more difficult.

The stewards at some away games are extremely keen to ensure you are sitting in your seat as per your ticket, others not so strict. However, in the rush just before kick off all atempts to direct fans to their allocated seats is usually abandoned as sheer force of numbers tends to overwhelm the stewards.

You also run the risk of somebody coming along saying "you're in my seat" and complaining to the stewards.

For me it should just be once you've got in with your ticket you can sit anywhere you like so the earlier you get there the more choice you have.

Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:57 pm

Stewards unless they are totally jobsworth wont do anything if someone complains that your in their seat as if move you then got to move those in your seat and so on and so on giant musical chairs.. :D

Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:20 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Stewards unless they are totally jobsworth wont do anything if someone complains that your in their seat as if move you then got to move those in your seat and so on and so on giant musical chairs.. :D

That’s what my plan is, if it happens.

Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:30 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Stewards unless they are totally jobsworth wont do anything if someone complains that your in their seat as if move you then got to move those in your seat and so on and so on giant musical chairs.. :D

Learnt this other season never got moved if in wrong seat as usually someone in your seat

Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:57 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Learnt this other season never got moved if in wrong seat as usually someone in your seat

I’ve never been moved or asked to move by a fan or steward. Just wondering if it was still the fine thing really :bluescarf:

Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:12 am

Yes we sit where ever we want. Its why our allocation gets cut by 10% for the bigger away games.

Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:13 am

epping blue wrote:Yes we sit where ever we want. Its why our allocation gets cut by 10% for the bigger away games.

:thumbup:

Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:29 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I’ve never been moved or asked to move by a fan or steward. Just wondering if it was still the fine thing really :bluescarf:

I got asked to move at Chelski; but only 'cos Vince accidentally gave us his front row (top tier) tickets! :lol: :ayatollah: