Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who was your man of the match v Norwich City at home?

Poll ended at Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:57 pm

Steve Morison
2%
Ryan Allsop
6%
Mahlon Romeo
1%
Perry Ng (sent off)
No votes
Cedric Kipre
13%
Jamilu Collins
46%
Ryan Wintle
28%
Andy Rinomhota
No votes
Romaine Sawyers
3%
Callum O'Dowda
3%
Sheyi Ojo
No votes
Max Watters
No votes
Joe Ralls (sub)
No votes
Mark Harris (sub)
No votes
Curtis Nelson (sub)
No votes
Gavin Whyte (sub)
No votes
Tom Sang (sub)
No votes
None
No votes

Total votes : 109

VOTE " MOTM v Norwich City (h) "

Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:57 pm

Great result to start the season

48 hours to vote

Re: VOTE " MOTM v Norwich City (h) "

Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:03 pm

Collins for me with Kipre a close 2nd.

Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:05 pm

Goalie was solid

Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:05 pm

Collins by a mile what a player!

Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:07 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:Collins for me with Kipre a close 2nd.

Agreed with Collins as MoM - have Wintle as a close second and Kipre not far behind.

Well impressed with this showing and limited a Norwich side well backed for immediate promotion back to the Premier League to 6 shots all match. OK, we only had 3 ourselves, but the quality of the football was so much more pleasing to the eye than in previous seasons.

The question of can we adopt this new style from pre-season into proper competitive football against better quality opposition seems to be answered!

One family of very happy little Bluebirds over here in Chester!! :bluebird:

Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:15 pm

Collins. Excellent game. Wintle played very well also.

Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:19 pm

Wintle. Thought he was superb. Broke up play and composed on the ball. Put in a real shift and put his foot in. Can’t believe we loaned him out the season he signed.

Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:33 pm

Collins was brilliant all game.
Kipre was immense.
Alsopp also very impressive.
Romeo a lot better than I thought he would be.
Wintle was pure class again
O’Dowda has also got the potential to be a fantastic player for us.

Really positive start, go again on Saturday.

Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:33 pm

ChippyAl wrote:Wintle. Thought he was superb. Broke up play and composed on the ball. Put in a real shift and put his foot in. Can’t believe we loaned him out the season he signed.

That’s Mick McCarthy for you I guess!!

Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:41 pm

Collins

But,
Allsop, Kipre, Wintle, Rino, O'Dowd , all superb

Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:55 pm

Kipre for me :bluescarf:

Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:00 pm

For me Kipre, Brought the ball down in very tight spaces to get us passing again. Got to be the most comfortable performance on the ball from a CB i've seen.

Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:02 pm

Outstanding Jamilu Collins

Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:03 pm

Went with Collins, but Jesus it could have been any six or seven

Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:10 pm

Collins looks some player on a free. Wintle is class and why have wba allowed us kipre....we do great deals with them with 8m for zohore springing to mind

Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:23 pm

Wintle for me. Very excited to see Collins though. Looks a player

Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:39 pm

It was close between Kipre and Collins for me today but I chose Kipre for his power and presence

Lots of very good performances in the opening game and no one was below par

Well done everyone today :clap: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:47 pm

Wintle for me done everything right but I could of gave it to Collins also :bluescarf:

Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:49 pm

Some promising performances today. Wintle Allsop and Kipre all contenders but Collins was outstanding

Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:04 pm

I’ve gone for Collins, but honourable mentions go to Kipre, Wintle and Allsopp. Rinhamota and Sawyers also were good

Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:06 pm

Collins, Kipre and Wintle all absolutely superb and difficult to pick between them so gave it to Steve Morison for the amazing transformation of our squad and for bringing a style which has high intensity, high pressure, total commitment and above ALL else entertaining.

Well done Steve Morison and the players for a great opening day performance and result.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:09 pm

Great result and good performance all over park torn between wintle and Collins. Opted for Collins in end but wintle superb also

Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:11 pm

castleblue wrote:Collins, Kipre and Wintle all absolutely superb and difficult to pick between them so gave it to Steve Morison for the amazing transformation of our squad and for bringing a style which has high intensity, high pressure, total commitment and above ALL else entertaining.

Well done Steve Morison and the players for a great opening day performance and result.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Morison is a good shout tbf that's something I didnt factor this time tbh

Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:14 pm

Thought it was a breath of fresh air today. Every new player has improved us. Brilliant work from Morison and the background staff putting this all together.

I thought Wintle was majestic. I did a post recently saying he reminds me of Carrick with how well he uses the ball, knitting the play together and he's excellent with his positioning and reading of the game. I don't think he put a foot wrong or give the ball away once.

Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:27 pm

I voted Collins for the entertainment factor he was immense today, he was like Codey dramah but Collins has a lot more skill tbf!! Wintle, kipre and allsop were also phenomenal.
Got to shout out to allsop for that 87th minuteish calm and collected dribble around two players like they weren’t even there and then a great pass out :occasion5: he looked like messi under pressure :clap:

Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:40 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Thought it was a breath of fresh air today. Every new player has improved us. Brilliant work from Morison and the background staff putting this all together.

I thought Wintle was majestic. I did a post recently saying he reminds me of Carrick with how well he uses the ball, knitting the play together and he's excellent with his positioning and reading of the game. I don't think he put a foot wrong or give the ball away once.

Spot on mate. A breath of fresh air today. Going to enjoy watching this style of football

Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:13 pm

Wintle for me.

If he carries on like this over the season he’ll be snapped up by a Prem team next season.

He tackles, passes, wins headers and makes it easy for players around him. Some player.

Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:23 pm

Frosty_Blue wrote:

Agreed with Collins as MoM - have Wintle as a close second and Kipre not far behind.

Well impressed with this showing and limited a Norwich side well backed for immediate promotion back to the Premier League to 6 shots all match. OK, we only had 3 ourselves, but the quality of the football was so much more pleasing to the eye than in previous seasons.

The question of can we adopt this new style from pre-season into proper competitive football against better quality opposition seems to be answered!

Wirral here, where about a in Chester are you! Always nice to see newish posters that are nearby.

Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:26 pm

Taff on the Mersey wrote:
Frosty_Blue wrote:

Wirral here, where about a in Chester are you! Always nice to see newish posters that are nearby.

Actually just noticed you’re in Ellesmere Port, I worked in Ellesmere Port for 7 years. It’s certainly Cheshire by right but more ‘no more lands’ to locals. Not really Cheshire ‘proper’ and not the Wirral.

Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:35 pm

What a debut from Collins he was outstanding in defence
and attack.