Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Referee Performance

Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:18 am

Watching that game yesterday & thinking about the dreadful referee performance , I probably went over the top, some of the decisions he was making were unbelievable, and the period from the melee to the point where NG got sent off really incensed me, to the point I wanted to get on the pitch myself and tell the ref what I thought, people sitting by me probably thought I’d lost my mind, and to be fair on reflection I did, I sometimes get way to involved and passionate about Cardiff City but I need to rein it in, but something does need to be done about the poor standard of referees we get down the stadium, it’s the same every season, it can’t be a coincidence, really gets to me, they seem to answer to no one. I thought Cardiffs performance showed one of immense promise, and I think with a better forward line, we could have a very good season, I enjoyed the game yesterday, despite the referee.

Re: Referee Performance

Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:26 am

Chris1988 wrote:Watching that game yesterday & thinking about the dreadful referee performance , I probably went over the top, some of the decisions he was making were unbelievable, and the period from the melee to the point where NG got sent off really incensed me, to the point I wanted to get on the pitch myself and tell the ref what I thought, people sitting by me probably thought I’d lost my mind, and to be fair on reflection I did, I sometimes get way to involved and passionate about Cardiff City but I need to rein it in, but something does need to be done about the poor standard of referees we get down the stadium, it’s the same every season, it can’t be a coincidence, really gets to me, they seem to answer to no one. I thought Cardiffs performance showed one of immense promise, and I think with a better forward line, we could have a very good season, I enjoyed the game yesterday, despite the referee.

I'm watching the itv football league show and it's not just us the standard is terrible accross all games .

Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:32 am

He was awful, but it was difficult for him with Norwich players cheating, diving, falling over and in his face all the time. Reminded me of Bournemouth last season.

However, none of his decisions were anywhere near as bad as the one for Hull’s penalty and until the FA / EFL etc start getting tough on diving, faking & cheating then the rewards outweigh the punishments and it’ll continue and get worse.

Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:15 pm

Just when you think see n it all the ref in Sunderland game is wearing a headband? :lol: