MATCH THREAD: " READING v CARDIFF CITY " MATCH THREAD

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What will the result be of Reading v Cardiff City?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:00 pm

Reading win (7/5)
5%
Cardiff City win (15/8)
83%
Draw (23/10)
12%

Total votes : 41

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:00 pm

READING v CARDIFF CITY
Saturday 6th August, 3pm
Sky Bet Championship
Select Car Leasing Stadium

Cardiff have sold their 2,000 tickets.

It’s only pay on the day in the Reading.

As Steve Morison has virtually a fully fit squad , Paul Inces squad is depleted with injuries.
Up to 7 players will be missing for the game against the Bluebirds tomorrow.

Paul Ince has issued an injury update on his Reading FC players ahead of the first home game of the season against Cardiff City at the Select Car Leasing Stadium on Saturday after the defeat last Saturday.

CCFC: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Cardiff City have a couple absentees.

NG is banned for one one game.

Ebou Adams is out for a number of months after ripping his pectoral muscle off the bone in a pre-season friendly against Cambridge United. He has had surgery on it and you can read more about it here.

Rubin Colwill and Isaak Davies are back in full training.

Can I stream or watch the match on TV?

Not on TV in the UK.

The Opposition's Manager - Paul Ince

Ince has been in charge at Reading since February. He succesfully guided them to Championship safety last season.

His previous management job had ended in 2014 at Blackpool. He has also previously managed Macclesfield, MK Dons twice, Blackburn and Notts County.

Opposition Dangerous Players

Tom Ince, Oviemuno Ejaria, Yakou Meite and former Bluebirds player Junior Hoilett are likely to be the significant home threats.

Lucas Joao missed the opening game with an injury.

Previous Meeting 

We won 2-1 at Reading in April

Team News - Predicted Line-Ups

Reading: Lumley, Yiadom, Holmes, McIntyre, Fornah, Hendrick, Hoilett, Guinness-Walker, Ejaria, Ince, Meite

Cardiff City: Allsop, Romeo, Denham, Kipre, Collins, Wintle, Rinomhota, Sawyers, O'Dowda, Ojo, Watters

Form - Last Three Competitive Games

Reading lost 1-0 at Blackpool on the opening day, while we beat Norwich by the same score

Match Odds

Reading - 7/5
Cardiff City - 15/8
Draw - 23/10

Predictions

Post your predictions below  :thumbright:
Attachments
5FD29084-6E20-4972-B381-078CD123FEC7.jpeg
5FD29084-6E20-4972-B381-078CD123FEC7.jpeg (62.8 KiB) Viewed 8888 times
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: LATEST NEWS " READING v CARDIFF CITY " MATCH THREAD

Postby Bakedalasker » Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:38 am

We should be delighted with a draw but after this weekend expectations will be for the win.

We performed well against Reading at home last season but lost 1-0. We went to their place after getting stuffed by the Jacks and came away with a 2-1 win. You just never know in the championship. Both those games we were lacking a lot of confidence. Its going to be a bit different with us having a lot for of the stuff come Saturday.
Bakedalasker

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:56 am

CCFC:

Cardiff City have a couple absentees.

NG is banned for one one game.

Ebou Adams is out for a number of months after ripping his pectoral muscle off the bone in a pre-season friendly against Cambridge United. He has had surgery on it and you can read more about it here.

Rubin Colwill and Isaak Davies are back in full training.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby BluebirdBoyall » Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:01 am

0-2 bluebirds my prediction.

We will we a lot more of the ball than we did against Norwich and have a lot more shots due to being able to create a few more chances. Sawyers will shine as he tries to break down the reading defence.
One of the winger to get a goal and also watters to get one too.
Watters will look a lot better this game with more service up to him, we will then conclude watters needs to learn how to do more against the bigger teams and get involved in the game, I think he will do well atm against teams we have more possession against
BluebirdBoyall

Postby lordllanbradach@icloud.com » Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:16 am

BluebirdBoyall wrote:0-2 bluebirds my prediction.
:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:
We will we a lot more of the ball than we did against Norwich and have a lot more shots due to being able to create a few more chances. Sawyers will shine as he tries to break down the reading defence.
One of the winger to get a goal and also watters to get one too.
Watters will look a lot better this game with more service up to him, we will then conclude watters needs to learn how to do more against the bigger teams and get involved in the game, I think he will do well atm against teams we have more possession against

Very positive post, really hope all this comes true, allocation fully sold, really, really looking forward to this.
lordllanbradach@icloud.com

Postby Plymuff Bloobird » Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:20 pm

Obviously after Norwich I am hoping for another win,we are an unknown quantity for all our opponents now until we have played them at least once.
Hopefully this will work in our favour and we can pick up quite a few wins relatively quickly.
Come on Bloooobirds another 3 points please.
Plymuff Bloobird

Postby Pantmawr Bluebird » Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:44 am

I've been caught up in the hype after our win over Norwich and in my head we are taking 3 points against Reading and Birmingham which will put us 3 wins in 3.

Although this is Cardiff City so it could all come crashing down and we could very easily lose both :lol:
Pantmawr Bluebird

Postby Barclay1 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:21 pm

I made it known that I thought we would win against Norwich, and Reading would lose at Blackpool.

This gives us a great opportunity to build on a very good opening day win, but this is Cardiff City, and I just think the high expectation will go against us this weekend.

I sincerely hope Im wrong, and will be happy to be proved wrong, but...

Royals 1-0 Cardiff City
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby NPCF3 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:49 pm

Cardiff win 2-1. Think we will concede from a set-piece, think that will become a weakness of ours defensively.

But overall, we will dominate midfield. As long as we get runners into the box we will get goals.
NPCF3

Postby montyblue » Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:56 pm

It seems they have quite a few stars missing for our game.
Looking at there forum.
montyblue

Postby Barclay1 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:16 pm

Here you go...

Didnt realise they had made a few decent signings.

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/foot ... e-24632350
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby billy ronson » Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:47 pm

So need to replace Ng and will Jaden Philogene come into match squad ?
I'm free to be
Whatever I, whatever I choose
And I'll sing the blues if I want
billy ronson

Postby GrangeEndStar » Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:21 am

This abomination of a song and video pretty much sums up what I think of Reading and their fans. Quick, pass the sick bucket.

'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Re: TEAM NEWS " READING v CARDIFF CITY " MATCH THREAD

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:00 pm

As Steve Morison has virtually a fully fit squad , Paul Inces squad is depleted with injuries.
Up to 7 players will be missing for the game against the Bluebirds tomorrow.

Paul Ince has issued an injury update on his Reading FC players ahead of the first home game of the season against Cardiff City at the Select Car Leasing Stadium on Saturday after the defeat last Saturday.

Reading FC defenders Sam Hutchinson and Scott Dann have stepped up their recoveries from injury as they aim to make a first-team return in the coming weeks.

The pair missed the Championship opener away at Blackpool last Saturday and will not be involved in this weekend's game at home to Cardiff City.

Boss Paul Ince said are both back in training, although they are not expected to return imminently. Speaking in his pre-match press conference on Thursday morning ahead of the Cardiff fixture, the manager said although four of the next five games in league and cup are at home, not having a fully fit squad means expectations should not be too high.

"With injuries and not having a full squad, it's hard to build momentum," he explained. "When I first came in, we picked up results and went unbeaten for about six or seven games and that's the type of stuff you want but you can only really do that when you've got a full squad. You're asking these players to play Saturday, Tuesday consistently - the same players - which is tough. But hopefully, we'll get some more people coming back.

"Scott Dann and Sam Hutchinson are back on the training ground. Lucas Joao is another couple of weeks [away] and Dejan Tetek is still injured and back in a week. Hopefully, by the end of the transfer window I'll be looking forward to getting on a run and having options to choose from."

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Bluebina » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:07 pm

86% think we'll win wow thats a turn around in confidence, which means we'll probably lose :laughing6:
Bluebina

Postby Bluebina » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:25 pm

Cant wait for tomorrow, get into em !!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Bluebina

Postby GrangeEndStar » Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:50 pm

Bookies favouring a draw then a Reading win. Reading their forum, their all predicting a Cardiff win and our win v Norwich has been duly noted given we pretty much have had a complete squad overhaul in record time. They have big injury concerns too. Looking forward to tomorrow to see if we can build on last week. I wonder if Etete has clearance to play as I'd like to see what he's about. I'd also like to see how Colwill does in this new side as I've got a very good feeling about that too.
GrangeEndStar

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:02 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:Bookies favouring a draw then a Reading win. Reading their forum, their all predicting a Cardiff win and our win v Norwich has been duly noted given we pretty much have had a complete squad overhaul in record time. They have big injury concerns too. Looking forward to tomorrow to see if we can build on last week. I wonder if Etete has clearance to play as I'd like to see what he's about. I'd also like to see how Colwill does in this new side as I've got a very good feeling about that too.

I hope people don’t jump on me for this but imo I’m not sure RC currently fits into the first 11. Think he needs to work on his play without the ball for that.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby GrangeEndStar » Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:13 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:Bookies favouring a draw then a Reading win. Reading their forum, their all predicting a Cardiff win and our win v Norwich has been duly noted given we pretty much have had a complete squad overhaul in record time. They have big injury concerns too. Looking forward to tomorrow to see if we can build on last week. I wonder if Etete has clearance to play as I'd like to see what he's about. I'd also like to see how Colwill does in this new side as I've got a very good feeling about that too.

I hope people don’t jump on me for this but imo I’m not sure RC currently fits into the first 11. Think he needs to work on his play without the ball for that.

Not at all, I always respect opinions as you often learn from looking at something from a different viewpoint. The reason I say it as I read an interesting piece in the week about our CF issues and it said the Colwill may do well in a more advanced role, which I found interesting. Whichever, I think he'll do very well with this new squad and progressive system.
GrangeEndStar

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:15 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Not at all, I always respect opinions as you often learn from looking at something from a different viewpoint. The reason I say it as I read an interesting piece in the week about our CF issues and it said the Colwill may do well in a more advanced role, which I found interesting. Whichever, I think he'll do very well with this new squad and progressive system.

You may well be right mate. As you say, opinions. :thumbup:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Matt the Bluebird » Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:38 pm

2-1 bluebirds
Matt the Bluebird

Postby Stairway to Merthyr » Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:21 pm

With the fantastic 2,000 strong support behind them, Bluebirds to win 0-1 :bluescarf:
Stairway to Merthyr

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:32 am

What’s the latest team news?

Perry Ng is out for City after picking up a red card last week against Norwich City. Apart from that, Cardiff don't have any changes.

It means Ebou Adams, Rubin Colwill and Isaak Davies won't feature, but others will be pushing for a spot in the squad. New signings Kion Etete and Jaden Philogene will no doubt be hopeful of making their first appearances for the club.

Reading will have seven players missing for the clash. Lucas Joao, Sam Hutchinson, Scott Dann, Femi Azeez, Dejan Tetek, George Puscas and Liam Moore will all be absent.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:41 am

What are the latest betting odds?

Reading – 6/4

Draw – 2/1

Cardiff City – 19/10

Odds courtesy of Paddy Power

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:44 am

Match facts:

Reading lost their last league game against Cardiff in April, having gone 10 games in a row without defeat against them between 2016 and 2021 (W5 D5).

Following a 2-1 win at the Madejski Stadium last season, Cardiff are looking to win consecutive away league games against the Royals for the first time since September 2001.

Reading have lost their last four league games in a row, failing to score in each defeat. The Royals last lost five consecutive league matches without netting a goal in March 1998.

Cardiff have won their last two games in the Championship, despite only attempting a total of six shots across the two (1-0 v Derby and Norwich, three in each). The last time they won three in a row in the league without conceding a goal was in December 2020, under Neil Harris.

Cardiff manager Steve Morison is looking to win three consecutive league games for only the second time as Bluebirds boss (also February 2022), while he is looking to register three consecutive league shutouts for the first time.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby theclaw » Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:25 pm

1-3 to The Blooobirds
theclaw

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:01 pm

:bluebird: :bluebird:
Attachments
FZerADlXkAAn28r.jpeg
FZerADlXkAAn28r.jpeg (59.62 KiB) Viewed 2541 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Re: MATCH THREAD: " READING v CARDIFF CITY " MATCH THREAD

Postby Pantmawr Bluebird » Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:16 pm

It's great to have such depth to the team that 10 players miss out!

Will be great for competition

Tanner, Adams, Colwill, Vontae-Campbell, Bagan, McGuiness, Ng, Luthra, Davies, King all miss out!
Pantmawr Bluebird

Postby Sven » Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:47 pm

Inside the stadium now and Bluebird atmosphere building nicely on a sunny day...

Players out warming up and looking focussed but taking time acknowledge the full away end... :clap: :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:01 pm

Both teams take the knee... and we are underway! :cry:

Forever Blue
Admin

Next

Return to General Chat