Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Steve Morison: ‘ New Striker ‘

Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:18 am

Cardiff boss Steve Morison will this week step up his bid to land two new strikers, for seven months Morison has been looking for new strikers for the Bluebirds.

The Bluebirds lacked a cutting edge in the final third versus Norwich and Morison is looking to get one new goal ace on loan and another potentially on a permanent deal.

Cardiff had no more than two shots on goal on Saturday and even though they played some very attractive football the final ball needs to be there.

Various targets have been approached and the Cardiff manager is waiting on responses from those men and their clubs.

Nathan Blake hinted that Andy Carrol was coming as he is a free agent, but since City have said that’s a no.

The 33-year-old is a free agent after leaving West Brom earlier this summer, having previously been with Reading on a short-term deal.

Speaking on BBC Radio Wales after the win over Norwich , Blake said: "My birdies tell me, I heard that there could be a new signing in Andy Carroll as a striker. Pay as you play. That's what I'm hearing.

"I cant tell you who my source is. It's a very good source."

City Chairman Dalman said they would back Morison if the right striker became available and the committee all agreed on it.

For now the search continues, a striker could become the difference of City becoming a play off contender or a mid table team.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Steve Morison: ‘ New Striker ‘

Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:21 am

Andy Carroll :shock: an over rated Gary Madine

Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:15 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:Andy Carroll :shock: an over rated Gary Madine

It was never going to happen, Morison is too sharp for that, he knows whats needed and it's not an idiotic injury prone has been.

He's a Striker he knows exactly what we need and will get it you wait and see, I predict a young fast as lightening McCormack type striker arriving on loan from a Premiership that will transform our team and season :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:23 pm

Bluebina wrote:

It was never going to happen, Morison is too sharp for that, he knows whats needed and it's not an idiotic injury prone has been.

He's a Striker he knows exactly what we need and will get it you wait and see, I predict a young fast as lightening McCormack type striker arriving on loan from a Premiership that will transform our team and season :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Confidence I see, I hope your right :bluebird:

Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:36 pm

Bluebina wrote:

I hope it doesn't transform our season, we're doing rather well at the moment !