Wells from Bristol on loan?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby wez1927 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:49 pm

Rumour is we are getting him on loan for season, if Bristol get there man they are after.
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Wells from Bristol on loan

Postby fred keenor » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:00 pm

Smacks of scraping the barrell
fred keenor

Postby Pantmawr Bluebird » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:57 pm

I think Wells is a more than capable striker to be honest and a far better choice than 'gambling' on signing Carroll

If true this wouldn't be a bad signing
Pantmawr Bluebird

Postby Sneggyblubird » Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:03 pm

fred keenor wrote:Smacks of scraping the barrell

Your not wrong but maybe he's got a season left in him.
Sneggyblubird

Postby wez1927 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:13 pm

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:I think Wells is a more than capable striker to be honest and a far better choice than 'gambling' on signing Carroll

Much better than we got .
wez1927

Postby Bakedalasker » Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:17 pm

Recall him being at Bradford and he was one for the future so everyone was saying. He has never really shown that.
Bakedalasker

Postby OwainGlyndŵr123 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:28 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:I think Wells is a more than capable striker to be honest and a far better choice than 'gambling' on signing Carroll

Better than Harris. Probably on par with Watters now.
OwainGlyndŵr123

Postby wez1927 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:31 pm

OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Did you see watters play on Saturday sadly he's out of his depth in the championship.
wez1927

Postby Barclay1 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:32 pm

I'm better than Harris.....
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby OwainGlyndŵr123 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:49 pm

wez1927 wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Did you see watters play on Saturday sadly he's out of his depth in the championship.

I did not. The handful of times I have seen him he usually makes the right runs and gets himself into dangerous positions. We know he’s not the answer but Nakki Wells isn’t either in my opinion.
OwainGlyndŵr123

Postby wez1927 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:58 pm

OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I did not. The handful of times I have seen him he usually makes the right runs and gets himself into dangerous positions. We know he’s not the answer but Nakki Wells isn’t either in my opinion.

Wells is twice the player watters or Harris are ,
wez1927

Postby OwainGlyndŵr123 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:05 pm

wez1927 wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Got to disagree. Maybe a couple of years ago. There’s a reason Bristol City want to get rid. If he was still decent he would play a part with Bristol. Agree regards Harris though.
OwainGlyndŵr123

Postby nickjonesrox2 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:19 pm

No thanks.
nickjonesrox2

Re: Wells from Bristol on loan?

Postby nojac » Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:39 pm

Nakki Wells and Mark Hudson were together at HTFC , very good friends (can I do it) hmmmmmm
nojac

Postby kav_8 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:15 pm

It would be nice to get a good player in but if it’s going to be loan players nearing end of their careers that are barely better than what we have I’d rather we kept faith to Watters/Harris.

We should be safe of relegation,.why should we improve a mediocre loan signing to the detriment of our own players development.
kav_8

Postby Llantwit Blue » Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:54 pm

3 goals in 33 games for Bristol City Wez not the prolific striker we need. Certainly no better than what we got
Llantwit Blue

Postby paulh_85 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:12 pm

Don't really see this myself. But if he comes then will get behind him like everyone else
paulh_85

Postby salopiancity » Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:39 pm

Barclay1 wrote:I'm better than Harris.....

Even with your wooden leg. :laughing6:
salopiancity

Postby montyblue » Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:52 pm

"Another one"
as that woman said.
montyblue

Postby piledriver64 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:00 am

wez1927 wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Agreed. I wanted Watters to do OK but, frankly, that performance on Saturday was ineptitude of the highest order.

No work rate, no runs and not a single shot never mind one on target. We had wide players getting decent balls into the box and he was nowhere near them, his positioning in the box was not that of a natural striker that people keep claiming he is.

Time to cut our losses and sell/loan him out. If Wells isn't better than Watters I'd be amazed !!!

One thing I would say, Morison's recruitment has been virtually faultless up to now and he hasn't signed anyone that he hasn't been convinced about. If he thinks Wells can do a job for us then I'm right behind him :thumbright:
piledriver64

Postby paulh_85 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:04 am

piledriver64 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Agreed. I wanted Watters to do OK but, frankly, that performance on Saturday was ineptitude of the highest order.

No work rate, no runs and not a single shot never mind one on target. We had wide players getting decent balls into the box and he was nowhere near them, his positioning in the box was not that of a natural striker that people keep claiming he is.

Time to cut our losses and sell/loan him out. If Wells isn't better than Watters I'd be amazed !!!

One thing I would say, Morison's recruitment has been virtually faultless up to now and he hasn't signed anyone that he hasn't been convinced about. If he thinks Wells can do a job for us then I'm right behind him :thumbright:

Seems like a significant over reaction from one game against a top side where we were creating very little.

O dowda got a few crosses in the box first half, but Watters was isolated and it wouldn't have been easy for anyone up front Saturday.

He didn't play well of course, and Harris had better energy when he came on. But as expected, some fans are ready to write people off after one match :laughing6:
paulh_85

Postby Bluebina » Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:16 am

He's better than the current two but we need a lot better than that now, go for a young Premier League loan!
Bluebina

Postby Igovernor » Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:09 am

Bluebina wrote:He's better than the current two but we need a lot better than that now, go for a young Premier League loan!

We are, plus one exprienced striker!
Igovernor

Postby OwainGlyndŵr123 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:13 am

Igovernor wrote:
Bluebina wrote:He's better than the current two but we need a lot better than that now, go for a young Premier League loan!

Still think your source is correct? We’ve had this striker “signed” for a while now :lol:
OwainGlyndŵr123

Postby piledriver64 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:28 am

paulh_85 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Seems like a significant over reaction from one game against a top side where we were creating very little.

O dowda got a few crosses in the box first half, but Watters was isolated and it wouldn't have been easy for anyone up front Saturday.

He didn't play well of course, and Harris had better energy when he came on. But as expected, some fans are ready to write people off after one match :laughing6:

One game ?? We signed him 2 seasons ago and I still haven't seen anything to tell me that he will make it as a goalscorer at this level :roll:

As for Saturday, O'Dowda and Collins frequently got the ball in the box, particularly in the 1st half but also a few in the second too and Watters was nowhere near getting on the end of them.

He even had the cheek to have a go Collins after one perfect near post ball in that he didn't anticipate !! A natural striker would have made that run across the near post and got something on it.

As I said, I think it's time to cut our losses on him.
piledriver64

Postby paulh_85 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:38 am

One cross went above him and he asked for it on the floor. Next one came low and didn't reach him. He's isolated in the box, this will happen a lot no matter who is up front
paulh_85

Postby Bluebina » Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:52 am

Igovernor wrote:

Great we do have to be patient, Morison has done a great job and is still recruiting :thumbup:
Bluebina

Postby wez1927 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:12 pm

Igovernor wrote:

I'm a bit concerned now ,you've been saying that for a while now .
wez1927

Postby Igovernor » Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:47 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

I'm a bit concerned now ,you've been saying that for a while now .

Only posting what i have been told :roll:
Igovernor

Postby D.A.C. » Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:57 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

One game ?? We signed him 2 seasons ago and I still haven't seen anything to tell me that he will make it as a goalscorer at this level :roll:

As for Saturday, O'Dowda and Collins frequently got the ball in the box, particularly in the 1st half but also a few in the second too and Watters was nowhere near getting on the end of them.

He even had the cheek to have a go Collins after one perfect near post ball in that he didn't anticipate !! A natural striker would have made that run across the near post and got something on it.

As I said, I think it's time to cut our losses on him.

Seen this aswell and found it remarkable to have a go at Collins and O'Dowda, fair play O'Dowda gave him a mouthful back aswell, he was invisible Saturday.

At least Harris will work hard although he isn't the answer either.
D.A.C.

Next

Return to General Chat