Cardiff City Forum

Switch to full style

A forum for all things Cardiff City
Post a reply

'Former Cardiff City midfielder finds new club'

Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:25 pm

AFC Fylde are delighted to announce the signing of Keenan Patten on a one-year deal, with the option of a further year being held in the Club's favour.

Keenan Patten one of Cardiff City's bright prospects aged 21 finds new club

Former Cardiff City midfielder Keenan Patten has found a new club in the National League North (6th tier) AFC Fylde.

Patten was included in matchday squads under Neil Harris and Mick McCarthy but never made a first-team appearance. Last season he was on loan at non-League side Hereford FC.

The Bluebirds decided not to offer him a new deal, thinking it best they both parted ways and the player could go off and plot a new path in the game.

And, after a trial, the former Wales youth international, 21, has joined National League outfit AFC Fylde.
Attachments
792AC354-05EF-4982-83FF-8E4B1DC2FCAF.jpeg
792AC354-05EF-4982-83FF-8E4B1DC2FCAF.jpeg (85.12 KiB) Viewed 5908 times

Re: 'Former Cardiff City midfielder finds new club'

Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:50 pm

I thought this kid looked quite handy watching the U23s last season and he's still quite young for a central midfield player. Mind you, he'd never get a sniff in that position this season with all of our options so perhaps that's why we let him go.

I hope he does well.

Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:18 pm

piledriver64 wrote:I thought this kid looked quite handy watching the U23s last season and he's still quite young for a central midfield player. Mind you, he'd never get a sniff in that position this season with all of our options so perhaps that's why we let him go.

I hope he does well.

Good Luck to the Lad .

Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:39 am

Good luck to him. I'd love to have been a footballer.

He's another that has found a level at which they can compete. Being told by the regime that he and others like him were the stars of Cardiff Citys future shows theircomplete lack of football knowledge.

Evans (Torquay), Patten (Fylde), Bowen and Zimba (Newport). The likes of D'Almeida and Taz, touted and highlighted as being hugely talented, simply disappeared.

Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:13 am

Barclay1 wrote:Good luck to him. I'd love to have been a footballer.

He's another that has found a level at which they can compete. Being told by the regime that he and others like him were the stars of Cardiff Citys future shows theircomplete lack of football knowledge.

Evans (Torquay), Patten (Fylde), Bowen and Zimba (Newport). The likes of D'Almeida and Taz, touted and highlighted as being hugely talented, simply disappeared.

When did the "regime" call any of those players stars of the future? Genuine question, as I missed those quotes.

I do remember Taz being highly touted, by the media, the rest, I don't.

You suggest they have a clear lack of football knowledge, however, our transfer business in the past 6 months appears to have been exceptionally good. As far as I remember it was Mick Mccarthy who was heaping the praise, nobody else.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foo ... f-21598509

Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:31 am

The Regime wanted our manager in situ to have up to 12 youth players in our match day squad. Not because they were good enough, but because they were bodies, and they were cheap.

That in itself shows a complete lack of understanding from a footballing perspective.

The current crop of signings could be a stroke of mastery by SM, who has been given nothing by the regime, but is trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear. Signs are currently encouraging.

SM's football knowledge will come into its own over the next few months. The regimes knowledge is laughable and not one of the clowns that run our club should ever be let near a football club again.
Post a reply