WOW SHOCKING: RACIST BY CCFC PREMIER BLUEBIRD

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: WOW SHOCKING: RACIST BY CCFC PREMIER BLUEBIRD

Postby Sven » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:30 am

wez1927 wrote:Hardly a racist comment, just an observation,the team has got a lot of diversity in it now and he pointed that out, funny how some people point everything to be racist these days.

I tend to agree; although with the secondary comment (quote) "No problem with it though", I can see how some woukd think he is covering a comment he knew could be easily misconstrued
"Recreational offence". In short, if you're the kind of person who spends valuable time looking to be offended, it's offensive.
User avatar
Sven
Moderator
 
Posts: 23935
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Re: WOW SHOCKING: RACIST BY CCFC PREMIER BLUEBIRD

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: WOW SHOCKING: RACIST BY CCFC PREMIER BLUEBIRD

Postby wez1927 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:05 pm

Sven wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Hardly a racist comment, just an observation,the team has got a lot of diversity in it now and he pointed that out, funny how some people point everything to be racist these days.

I tend to agree; although with the secondary comment (quote) "No problem with it though", I can see how some woukd think he is covering a comment he knew could be easily misconstrued

But that comment shows he's not racist and just observing ,I've had people say about the team to me and that's from mixed race people they were actually applauding it .
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927
 
Posts: 16500
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: WOW SHOCKING: RACIST BY CCFC PREMIER BLUEBIRD

Postby mjw6150 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:44 pm

Robbiebluebird wrote:A dumb comment and a poor attempt to be funny, but given how awful racism actually is, throwing the term around for this seems a bit over the top.


Agree totally. Very poor choice of words but not a racist comment at all.
mjw6150
 
Posts: 1758
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 10:42 pm

Re: WOW SHOCKING: RACIST BY CCFC PREMIER BLUEBIRD

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:41 pm

piledriver64 wrote:. However they didn’t add a description as the racist did.


One clumsy, ill-judged dad-joke-esque pun that the fella even qualifies as not intending any malice in his words...

But fair enough we got a big backlog and are falling a bit behind with the old cancel culture of late so lets speed things up - i like the way you're thinking. One and done. He said something dumb this one time so now he must pay the consequences - forever. Nice.

I mean you're 100% right, that one comment absolutely proves he is, always was and always will be a racist.

Why stop there? He's almost certainly a transphobic, bigoted, misogynistic, damn cis-normative pale, stale Nazi bloody gammon. I think we can probably ascertain all of that from that one comment. Seem reasonable enough to me.

On reflection, he's probably a threat to society at large. Looks just the sort of scum that could cause someone some genuine anxiety if he retweets something mean. He should be stopped before it's too late. He must be stopped before it's too late.

Maybe you should launch a hash tag campaign against him and report him to the police or something? Maybe find out where he is playing and call the venues to let them know they are paying a well known white supremacist who will probably be using the gig as cover for a far-right neo nazi rally?

Go on. You know you want to. It'll make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. All that lovely wokey hate bubbling away inside you, eating you up, let it out. He's a racist, you know that from the one stupid comment he posted. Go on...

Let it out, feel the darkside, cancel him and we can rule the galaxy together...

:happy1:


Meanwhile in the real world....

Was just some older dude that was saying something outdated, he shouldn't have said it, but it wasn't said with malice. He has probably realised now after the reaction he got that it's not really the done thing to say something like that in these more sensitive times. Job done, nothing more to see here, let's move on.

:roll:
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
User avatar
ealing_ayatollah
 
Posts: 2121
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:29 pm

Re: WOW SHOCKING: RACIST BY CCFC PREMIER BLUEBIRD

Postby blue for you » Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:10 pm

Load of bollox, not a racist comment at all.
Just because I'm paranoid it doesn't mean they're not talking about me
User avatar
blue for you
 
Posts: 735
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:50 pm
Location: just over your left shoulder

Re: WOW SHOCKING: RACIST BY CCFC PREMIER BLUEBIRD

Postby Frosty_Blue » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:23 am

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:. However they didn’t add a description as the racist did.


One clumsy, ill-judged dad-joke-esque pun that the fella even qualifies as not intending any malice in his words...

But fair enough we got a big backlog and are falling a bit behind with the old cancel culture of late so lets speed things up - i like the way you're thinking. One and done. He said something dumb this one time so now he must pay the consequences - forever. Nice.

I mean you're 100% right, that one comment absolutely proves he is, always was and always will be a racist.

Why stop there? He's almost certainly a transphobic, bigoted, misogynistic, damn cis-normative pale, stale Nazi bloody gammon. I think we can probably ascertain all of that from that one comment. Seem reasonable enough to me.

On reflection, he's probably a threat to society at large. Looks just the sort of scum that could cause someone some genuine anxiety if he retweets something mean. He should be stopped before it's too late. He must be stopped before it's too late.

Maybe you should launch a hash tag campaign against him and report him to the police or something? Maybe find out where he is playing and call the venues to let them know they are paying a well known white supremacist who will probably be using the gig as cover for a far-right neo nazi rally?

Go on. You know you want to. It'll make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. All that lovely wokey hate bubbling away inside you, eating you up, let it out. He's a racist, you know that from the one stupid comment he posted. Go on...

Let it out, feel the darkside, cancel him and we can rule the galaxy together...

:happy1:


Meanwhile in the real world....

Was just some older dude that was saying something outdated, he shouldn't have said it, but it wasn't said with malice. He has probably realised now after the reaction he got that it's not really the done thing to say something like that in these more sensitive times. Job done, nothing more to see here, let's move on.

:roll:


You know what: you're my favourite poster here! You don't post that often, but when you do this an undeniably clever wit that I absolutely love! Well thought out arguments, with an overall tone of sarcasm and self-deprecation!

On the topic though, the Dear Lady and I have debated this one for the past two days. I'm definitely down the route of I don't see it is racist at all, merely an observation that the overwhelming majority of the 14 players so far signed have been black (off-hand I can only think of Tanner, and the two 'keepers that aren't). This is a clear attempt at humour for me.

I'm with the poster JasonFowler who has stated that it's OK to call the New Zealand football team the All-Whites, or the English Women's team, and the basis of their predominant skin colour, but not OK to say the all-blacks with a team of predominantly black players. Even one of the links that he posted to journalists stating this used the term "black or brown" players - I thought brown was very un-PC! ..... and there you have it, what is deemed racist or derogatory one year, is not the next.

There were a lot on here that were outraged when the BLM brigade toppled the statue in Bristol of a man who dealt in the slave trade of black people - I thought that that went too far too - and that wokeness has gone way too far, but some of those same people don't think it OK to turn a well-known sporting phrase to describe a team in a clearly joking way. People don't have to appreciate the humour, not all people are natural-born comedians like Ealing-Ayatollah after all!

My Dear Lady agrees to a point, but the fact that someone has posted this on social media makes them open to being called racist even if it was not meant in that light. You have to be so careful what you write these days; if someone looked at this person's Twitter account as a prospective employer (as we do when you're employing someone) they may get the impression that this guy is racist, even if the original comment was debatable at best.

So, I must concede that my Dear Lady has a point, but for God's sake don't tell her!!
User avatar
Frosty_Blue
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:33 pm
Location: Ellesmere Port

Re: WOW SHOCKING: RACIST BY CCFC PREMIER BLUEBIRD

Postby Blueman39 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:40 am

Ridiculous comment which is outdated .
My family is a mixture of white, black and Asian and comments like this are offensive .
Why not All English as most of our players are English ???
Blueman39
 
Posts: 572
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:57 am

Re: WOW SHOCKING: RACIST BY CCFC PREMIER BLUEBIRD

Postby SwanseaBluebird » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:52 am

The New Zealand football team are called the all whites because they play in all white, not because of the ethnic make up of their team!
SwanseaBluebird
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:14 pm

Re: WOW SHOCKING: RACIST BY CCFC PREMIER BLUEBIRD

Postby Ponty Bluebird » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:15 am

SwanseaBluebird wrote:The New Zealand football team are called the all whites because they play in all white, not because of the ethnic make up of their team!

Spot on, and in comparison the New Zealand rugby team are the ‘All Blacks’ because of the colour of the kit they wear.
Ponty Bluebird
 
Posts: 641
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:49 pm

Re: WOW SHOCKING: RACIST BY CCFC PREMIER BLUEBIRD

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:51 am

Ponty Bluebird wrote:
SwanseaBluebird wrote:The New Zealand football team are called the all whites because they play in all white, not because of the ethnic make up of their team!

Spot on, and in comparison the New Zealand rugby team are the ‘All Blacks’ because of the colour of the kit they wear.


So you're saying it's acceptable to comment on a colour of a teams kit and the colour of everything else, but we are not allowed to comment on the colour of a person's skin to identify the person.

I was on holidays once and a man tried selling me sunglasses in the street shouting "oi, white boy" to get my attention. I thought nothing of it. There were non white skinned people walking by me and he didn't know my name, so he chose to get my attention by commenting on my skin colour so I knew he was talking to me.

Identifying an individual by skin colour is not being racist. If anyone honestly thinks describing a black skinned person as black is racist, I strongly disagree.

There was no need to create this thread in the first place, but obviously, it's been created to gain hits and create discussion. But just like the media who love pushing agendas to divide us, creating this thread is causing divisions on this forum.

The reaction to an innocent description of a person's skin colour has been completely twisted to falsely accuse that person of being a racist and I strongly disagree.
Tonteg Bluebird
 
Posts: 6741
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:26 pm

Re: WOW SHOCKING: RACIST BY CCFC PREMIER BLUEBIRD

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:32 pm

Blueman39 wrote:Ridiculous comment which is outdated .
My family is a mixture of white, black and Asian and comments like this are offensive .
Why not All English as most of our players are English ???

My family are also mixed race. Comments like this are only offensive if you choose to be offended. Teach your children to be proud of who they are and they will never be hurt by words wether they are said with malice or said innocently.

If you know you are a good person, nothing anyone says about you can hurt you.

Be a better parent, uncle, brother, whatever. Just be better.

Take responsibility for those you care for rather than find someone or something to blame for all your failings.

Honestly, if you are strong, honest, and good no one will ever be able to hurt you. If you ship responsibility for you and those you care for you will always be open to manipulation.

Look you do you brother, but I'll always teach my kids to trust in who they are not what they are.
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
User avatar
ealing_ayatollah
 
Posts: 2121
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:29 pm

Re: WOW SHOCKING: RACIST BY CCFC PREMIER BLUEBIRD

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:34 pm

Frosty_Blue wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:. However they didn’t add a description as the racist did.


One clumsy, ill-judged dad-joke-esque pun that the fella even qualifies as not intending any malice in his words...

But fair enough we got a big backlog and are falling a bit behind with the old cancel culture of late so lets speed things up - i like the way you're thinking. One and done. He said something dumb this one time so now he must pay the consequences - forever. Nice.

I mean you're 100% right, that one comment absolutely proves he is, always was and always will be a racist.

Why stop there? He's almost certainly a transphobic, bigoted, misogynistic, damn cis-normative pale, stale Nazi bloody gammon. I think we can probably ascertain all of that from that one comment. Seem reasonable enough to me.

On reflection, he's probably a threat to society at large. Looks just the sort of scum that could cause someone some genuine anxiety if he retweets something mean. He should be stopped before it's too late. He must be stopped before it's too late.

Maybe you should launch a hash tag campaign against him and report him to the police or something? Maybe find out where he is playing and call the venues to let them know they are paying a well known white supremacist who will probably be using the gig as cover for a far-right neo nazi rally?

Go on. You know you want to. It'll make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. All that lovely wokey hate bubbling away inside you, eating you up, let it out. He's a racist, you know that from the one stupid comment he posted. Go on...

Let it out, feel the darkside, cancel him and we can rule the galaxy together...

:happy1:


Meanwhile in the real world....

Was just some older dude that was saying something outdated, he shouldn't have said it, but it wasn't said with malice. He has probably realised now after the reaction he got that it's not really the done thing to say something like that in these more sensitive times. Job done, nothing more to see here, let's move on.

:roll:


You know what: you're my favourite poster here! You don't post that often, but when you do this an undeniably clever wit that I absolutely love! Well thought out arguments, with an overall tone of sarcasm and self-deprecation!

On the topic though, the Dear Lady and I have debated this one for the past two days. I'm definitely down the route of I don't see it is racist at all, merely an observation that the overwhelming majority of the 14 players so far signed have been black (off-hand I can only think of Tanner, and the two 'keepers that aren't). This is a clear attempt at humour for me.

I'm with the poster JasonFowler who has stated that it's OK to call the New Zealand football team the All-Whites, or the English Women's team, and the basis of their predominant skin colour, but not OK to say the all-blacks with a team of predominantly black players. Even one of the links that he posted to journalists stating this used the term "black or brown" players - I thought brown was very un-PC! ..... and there you have it, what is deemed racist or derogatory one year, is not the next.

There were a lot on here that were outraged when the BLM brigade toppled the statue in Bristol of a man who dealt in the slave trade of black people - I thought that that went too far too - and that wokeness has gone way too far, but some of those same people don't think it OK to turn a well-known sporting phrase to describe a team in a clearly joking way. People don't have to appreciate the humour, not all people are natural-born comedians like Ealing-Ayatollah after all!

My Dear Lady agrees to a point, but the fact that someone has posted this on social media makes them open to being called racist even if it was not meant in that light. You have to be so careful what you write these days; if someone looked at this person's Twitter account as a prospective employer (as we do when you're employing someone) they may get the impression that this guy is racist, even if the original comment was debatable at best.

So, I must concede that my Dear Lady has a point, but for God's sake don't tell her!!


One of the undeniable laws of nature... your wife is always right. Thanks for the kind words.

:ayatollah:
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
User avatar
ealing_ayatollah
 
Posts: 2121
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:29 pm

Re: WOW SHOCKING: RACIST BY CCFC PREMIER BLUEBIRD

Postby Ponty Bluebird » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:17 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Ponty Bluebird wrote:
SwanseaBluebird wrote:The New Zealand football team are called the all whites because they play in all white, not because of the ethnic make up of their team!

Spot on, and in comparison the New Zealand rugby team are the ‘All Blacks’ because of the colour of the kit they wear.


So you're saying it's acceptable to comment on a colour of a teams kit and the colour of everything else, but we are not allowed to comment on the colour of a person's skin to identify the person.

I was on holidays once and a man tried selling me sunglasses in the street shouting "oi, white boy" to get my attention. I thought nothing of it. There were non white skinned people walking by me and he didn't know my name, so he chose to get my attention by commenting on my skin colour so I knew he was talking to me.

Identifying an individual by skin colour is not being racist. If anyone honestly thinks describing a black skinned person as black is racist, I strongly disagree.

There was no need to create this thread in the first place, but obviously, it's been created to gain hits and create discussion. But just like the media who love pushing agendas to divide us, creating this thread is causing divisions on this forum.

The reaction to an innocent description of a person's skin colour has been completely twisted to falsely accuse that person of being a racist and I strongly disagree.

How the hell can you compare the colour on a teams kit with the colour of someone’s skin? Get real fella, the guy in question said “we are becoming the All Blacks” so because Morison has signed mostly black players the guy is referring to the ‘All Blacks’ because of the colour of their skin. His choice of words were shocking.
By the way, I did not create this thread. Everyone has their own opinion of things including you as well as me, you think that it’s fine for that guy to call our team the All Blacks because of the colour of their skin and I think it’s a racist remark so now you can move on. It’s done now so no need to mention it anymore, if the authorities think it’s racist then he’ll soon know, if they think there’s no harm done then happy days. :thumbup:
Ponty Bluebird
 
Posts: 641
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:49 pm

Previous


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 66 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.