MY VIEW / OPINION: I HONESTLY THOUGHT WE WOULD WIN THIS GAM

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: MY VIEW / OPINION: I HONESTLY THOUGHT WE WOULD WIN THIS

Postby Welshman in CA » Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:38 pm

pembroke allan wrote:One of main problems is final ball in area? Last week went 30ft in air today just poor delivery giving no one an opportunity to score.... watters is struggling to get into games because of this today only ohjo and o'Dowd did anything of note .... but early days be more ups and downs until players get use to playing together at this level... at least can be optimistic going forward.

Agree with everything you say there, especially the part about Watters. At one stage he won the ball with 3 Reading players around him but there was nobody running up in support to pass to and he just passed into space, where was the winger? The final ball is almost always too high or nowhere near whoever is in the middle & nobody who plays up front is going to get the service needed to score. But we're only 2 games in so plenty of time to get it right.
Welshman in CA

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Hoppyccfc1986 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:45 pm

People slating Harris but I was at the game today and I thought he showed a good work ethic and desire when he come on. I'd start him over Watters any day. I think he can be good for us if he gets the right service. Hopefully him and etete can forge a good partnership
Hoppyccfc1986

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:03 pm

Hoppyccfc1986 wrote:People slating Harris but I was at the game today and I thought he showed a good work ethic and desire when he come on. I'd start him over Watters any day. I think he can be good for us if he gets the right service. Hopefully him and etete can forge a good partnership

I was there today too and I’ve been quite open with my criticism of Harris in particular. I still do t think he’s good enough but I agree that he put in a shift today and looked far more up for it than Watters.
Personally I think that Etete should start and we should somehow get Ojo / O’Dowda closer to him…as we did towards the end of the game today.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:20 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:One of main problems is final ball in area? Last week went 30ft in air today just poor delivery giving no one an opportunity to score.... watters is struggling to get into games because of this today only ohjo and o'Dowd did anything of note .... but early days be more ups and downs until players get use to playing together at this level... at least can be optimistic going forward.

Agree with everything you say there, especially the part about Watters. At one stage he won the ball with 3 Reading players around him but there was nobody running up in support to pass to and he just passed into space, where was the winger? The final ball is almost always too high or nowhere near whoever is in the middle & nobody who plays up front is going to get the service needed to score. But we're only 2 games in so plenty of time to get it right.

Yes plenty of time to get it right but watters needs help and at present not sure we are set up to give him that help? Yes generally get ball up wide quickly with two men working together that's fine but what about watters where is his support? If etete started game he'd have same problems.... both him and harris did nothing when came in but that's because they didnt get ball in dangerous positions... precisely same as last week.
pembroke allan

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:26 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Hoppyccfc1986 wrote:People slating Harris but I was at the game today and I thought he showed a good work ethic and desire when he come on. I'd start him over Watters any day. I think he can be good for us if he gets the right service. Hopefully him and etete can forge a good partnership

I was there today too and I’ve been quite open with my criticism of Harris in particular. I still do t think he’s good enough but I agree that he put in a shift today and looked far more up for it than Watters.
Personally I think that Etete should start and we should somehow get Ojo / O’Dowda closer to him…as we did towards the end of the game today.

Work rate wont get you a goal unless get the ball in dangerous positions..
etete and Harris will suffer same fate as watters if we play like we have for the two games so far...... can anyone honestly say watters has been given the service or help to score a goal in the two games?
pembroke allan

Postby Hoppyccfc1986 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:54 pm

I think all the strikers we have need to be in a partnership. We haven't got the striker who can lead the line and create something from nothing on their own. They need the service. I think two up top is the way to go if we want to get the strikers firing the goals in.
Hoppyccfc1986

Postby M4 Exile » Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:19 pm

realistically we probably need 2 more strikers and a centre half for depth.

Afraid to say that Watters has completely blown his chances in the past two games and has been put to shame by the effort shown by Harris when he’s came on.
M4 Exile

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:40 pm

M4 Exile wrote:realistically we probably need 2 more strikers and a centre half for depth.

Afraid to say that Watters has completely blown his chances in the past two games and has been put to shame by the effort shown by Harris when he’s came on.

Watters as looked lethargic but there again being marked by 2 or 3 defenders isn't exactly helping him get into games......
What did Harris's effort get city? Exactly same as watters No effort on goal!! it's ok running around looking busy but that's no good if does nothing with ball... morison needs to address what he wants from strikers because in two games we've created practically silch.......
pembroke allan

Postby Sven » Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:40 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:

Yes plenty of time to get it right but watters needs help and at present not sure we are set up to give him that help? Yes generally get ball up wide quickly with two men working together that's fine but what about watters where is his support? If etete started game he'd have same problems.... both him and harris did nothing when came in but that's because they didnt get ball in dangerous positions... precisely same as last week.

Have to disagree Allan; I thought Harris (like Watters) worked hard and got in some good work without being rewarded by those around them, whilst Etete moved exceptionally well, looked like he knew what was expected of him and went looking for both the ball and opportunity

It didn't work for Etete today but (for me) it bodes well for the future :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:50 pm

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:

Have to disagree Allan; I thought Harris (like Watters) worked hard and got in some good work without being rewarded by those around them, whilst Etete moved exceptionally well, looked like he knew what was expected of him and went looking for both the ball and opportunity

It didn't work for Etete today but (for me) it bodes well for the future :ayatollah:

Chris we created nothing of note in either game yes lots effort by both players but that effort is not in areas of danger to opposition? It is early days and hopefully the service to front players will improve.... do feel sorry for watters he is not a lone striker but thats how morison is playing him.... today he was isolated but morison had Harris and etete together on pitch that was difference.. I think it will improve as hopefully morison will learn from these two games.
pembroke allan

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:04 pm

I think we all did unfortunately Reading looked the better team after 20-25 minutes
1980s Bluebird

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:05 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:

Chris we created nothing of note in either game yes lots effort by both players but that effort is not in areas of danger to opposition? It is early days and hopefully the service to front players will improve.... do feel sorry for watters he is not a lone striker but thats how morison is playing him.... today he was isolated but morison had Harris and etete together on pitch that was difference.. I think it will improve as hopefully morison will learn from these two games.

Agree with most but what did Harris and Etete achieve? Watters did nothing, bullied off the ball everytime
1980s Bluebird

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:49 pm

Would have taken a point :bluebird:
TopCat CCFC

Previous

Return to General Chat