‘ Max Watters unhappy? ‘

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ‘ Max Watters unhappy? ‘

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:21 am

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
C. Rombie-Coat wrote:I'm not quite sure what he is doing. The manager spoke strongly in support a few weeks back and I do think he can finish (e.g. Swindon goal),but, he stands around a bit too much for me. Same as when McCarthy gave him a chance. Perhaps he can play off the new centre forward and that is the plan.
However as it stands I am unhappy with Max Watters.

I get what you’re saying, and maybe Watters isn’t up to it, but for me, a proper striker doesn’t have to run about all game. Take Halaand, obviously massive gap in talent but Halaand looks disinterested most of the game. When the ball finally comes to him or he can see a gap to receive a pass he comes to life. Then you got a striker with a good work rate like Firminho but lacks goals. I do believe if Watters just lingered up top and got the correct service for his way of playing he would fair a lot better.

I've said numerous times watters does not get the service he requires or any striker for that matter.... how many opportunities as the wide players or midfielders have created in 2 games for anyone nevermind watters? We want striker to be near goal but that is impossible when ball goes nowhere near goal from open play..... garauntee theres not one person who thinks watters can do lone striker role so why does morison insist on playing that way? You do not have to run around to be effective just be in right place unfortunately watters doesnt get any opportunity to do that.... people say about Harris and work rate yes occupies defenders but then nothing! And cant blame watters for not being there as he's usually off pitch to benefit ... just feel morison has not got tactics right upfront and needs to make mind up so can make best use of watters or get in a player who can play lone role like Moore did.... until then we will struggle to score or make chances .

There were opportunities on Saturday to put the ball in that weren’t taken as we didn’t have a forward that could challenge in the air. Hopefully that’ll change soon.

That's the point isnt it? Put the ball in the air for a smallish striker good tactics like last Saturday balls were constantly hit 30ft in air from out wide.... how can it be called an opportunity when he gets a totally unsuitable ball? I get the not good enough argument but let's be honest only Moore was used in correct way to suit his style and it worked? All previous strikers ken ect never had same consideration when playing for us the result was failure after failure now watters same scenario? If he goes will next striker suffer same fate that is the question.. :old:

I’m saying that there were times that our wide men could hand out the ball in but didnt. Possibly because the ball across the floor (needed with MW) I’d far more difficult to put in effectively in an area well guarded by defenders than a head high cross that can be challenged for.
bluebirdoct1962

Re: ‘ Max Watters unhappy? ‘

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Previous

Return to General Chat