Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Lack of creativity/chances

Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:44 pm

Off the back of the previous two league games, I have been watching the games back again. And we have not created any clear cut chances, or even half chances for that matter apart from the goal O’Dowda scored.

The win over Norwich was a great win and we played some nice football, but our potency in the final third wass non existent. We could have Harry Kane playing up top and still he wouldn’t score at the minute.

I understand everyone’s begging for a striker, but I think the problem is further back. Whether you like Watters or not his career so far has shown he’s a capable goalscorer, yet he’s not had a single chance that I recall this season. I’ll reserve judgement on Etete as I’ve never seen him play live apart from his 15 or so minutes on Saturday, so don’t want to have an opinion based on that.

Harris simply isn’t good enough apart from running around, and has struggled to find the net even at lower levels. But having said that about him I revert back to what I said to begin the topic, not one of our current strikers has had a single clear cut or half chance that I recall. And I feel that this is our biggest problem at the minute, hopefully as the team gel more and get used to each others movements and style we will see a lot more chances created.