Yesterdays chants from the Canton

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Barclay1 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:58 am

As negative as you think I am, I was appalled at some of the negative anti team chants emanating from the Canton end yesterday.

It was a toothless display and one I was very disappointed with, but while at times I'll voice my displeasure at the game, I certainly wouldnt stoop to the levels I heard yesterday.

Am surprised there wasn't any fisticuffs...

Its the regime I despise not the team
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Yesterdays chants from the Canton

Postby GaerBlue » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:42 am

Just a lack of positive new chants in general. Just the same old songs over and over. Nothing new or spontaneous like the old days. Pompey had some great songs and a good variety of them too. Long gone are the days of the magic hat or I saw my mate the other day songs or any unique songs for individual players, just the same old usual bland chants that wouldn’t inspire anyone.
GaerBlue

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:48 am

GaerBlue wrote:Just a lack of positive new chants in general. Just the same old songs over and over. Nothing new or spontaneous like the old days. Pompey had some great songs and a good variety of them too. Long gone are the days of the magic hat or I saw my mate the other day songs or any unique songs for individual players, just the same old usual bland chants that wouldn’t inspire anyone.

Pompey were loud but not what I’d call ‘great’ songs by any means.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Bluebina » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:50 am

Barclay1 wrote:As negative as you think I am, I was appalled at some of the negative anti team chants emanating from the Canton end yesterday.

It was a toothless display and one I was very disappointed with, but while at times I'll voice my displeasure at the game, I certainly wouldnt stoop to the levels I heard yesterday.

Frustrated kids ignore them, it was a reserves team that hadn't played together previously and they made some stupid mistakes.
Bluebina

Postby Barclay1 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:41 pm

Trying to get chants going singing " Were F****** S*** " doesn't help anyone, and neither does cheering when things did t work out or go well or we lost the ball.

Its so called 'fans' like that that we should be criticizing.
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:44 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
GaerBlue wrote:Just a lack of positive new chants in general. Just the same old songs over and over. Nothing new or spontaneous like the old days. Pompey had some great songs and a good variety of them too. Long gone are the days of the magic hat or I saw my mate the other day songs or any unique songs for individual players, just the same old usual bland chants that wouldn’t inspire anyone.

I agree. The ‘Play up Pompey’ droning on and some idiot ringing a f*cking school bell all game :lol:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby bill22322 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:46 pm

It's in games like this we need positive chanting, where everyone gets behind the team. Yeah, we lost; but when we're losing is the best time to really get behind them and sing more!
bill22322

Postby Bluebina » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:17 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I agree. The ‘Play up Pompey’ droning on and some idiot ringing a f*cking school bell all game :lol:

Didn't that bellend Pompy fan get beat up at one game or something, if not sure to happen one game he's annoying?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... n-westwood
Bluebina

Postby Floppsy » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:34 am

What happened to the new singing section at the bottom of the Canton? Aren't they supposed to be leading things these days?
Floppsy

Postby Bluebird1977 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:43 am

Barclay1 wrote:As negative as you think I am, I was appalled at some of the negative anti team chants emanating from the Canton end yesterday.

Does not supprise me one bit the new breed buck tooth teenie boppers have only known championship football, prem football and a cup final no doubt. They want everything results wise every week even with more or less a team of freebies. That's how f*cking stupid the modern football fan has gone :occasion5:

If we don't win Saturday they be calling for the manager out no doubt :lol:

They don't know any different and have not seen the bad days sadly. :ayatollah:
:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: “We will dust ourselves down and go again” :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Bluebird1977

Return to General Chat