Steve Morison not happy with his players:

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:59 am

Cardiff manager Steve Morison:

"I'm at a loss at the minute. Such poor goals, just clear the ball, just defend properly, that’s all I ask.”

"You've been given an opportunity to try and get yourself selected for Saturday [against Birmingham in the Championship] and no-one chose to do it and that’s down to yourselves.”

"It's tough to take a positive out of tonight."
Attachments
88718FF2-56D5-4689-AB93-D9BE6EEDACB2.jpeg
88718FF2-56D5-4689-AB93-D9BE6EEDACB2.jpeg (45.22 KiB) Viewed 3390 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Steve Morison not happy with his players:

Postby Bluebina » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff manager Steve Morison:

"I'm at a loss at the minute. Such poor goals, just clear the ball, just defend properly, that’s all I ask.”

"You've been given an opportunity to try and get yourself selected for Saturday [against Birmingham in the Championship] and no-one chose to do it and that’s down to yourselves.”

I don't blame him they wen't behind and didn't fight back, the second half was poor and they wasted a good opportunity.
Bluebina

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:16 pm

Bluebina wrote:

I don't blame him they wen't behind and didn't fight back, the second half was poor and they wasted a good opportunity.

But this worries me as for two months all we have heard from Morison is how these players will fight, give everything and want to be here for him, they have bonded and jelled so well.

I think he needs to stop calling them out publicly, like he did on others last season, his inexperience showing once again.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby mjw6150 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:57 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

But this worries me as for two months all we have heard from Morison is how these players will fight, give everything and want to be here for him, they have bonded and jelled so well.

I think he needs to stop calling them out publicly, like he did on others last season, his inexperience showing once again.

I think he is right to call them out, I don't think he called out anyone individually anyway. But even if the game was irrelevant the performance was not good enough and I am glad we can see that SM wants higher standards.
mjw6150

Postby davids » Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:20 pm

Perhaps he could coach them better?

Watched him on the sidelines at Reading on Saturday. Rarely consults any of his support team during the match and doesn't seem to be especially animated during the game.

Now I am not suggesting by any means that you have to be shouting and screaming at the players but if you need to get your message across whilst the game is going on then I didn't see that happening much last Saturday.

I am constantly amazed at how shit we are in the Cup competitions.
davids

Postby cendl blue » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:55 pm

mjw6150 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

I think he is right to call them out, I don't think he called out anyone individually anyway. But even if the game was irrelevant the performance was not good enough and I am glad we can see that SM wants higher standards.

Agree with you here. As long as its not individuals being hung out to dry I think he has every right to say how he sees it. Hopefully along the way he'll recognise his own failings as well but fingers crossed there will only be positive press conference's from now on
cendl blue

Postby TopCat CCFC » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:30 pm

They were given their chance to start next Game .
TopCat CCFC

Return to General Chat