Steve Morison could not have remotely expected:

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:27 pm

MY VIEW MORISON’s FUTURE :

Steve Morison could not have remotely expected to be our manager this time a year ago .

He fell into this job because Tan is unable or unwilling (both understandable) to throw more money at us . He needed a cheap , compliant manager that will work to our new financial realities.

To Tan it was logical … to Morison it was the moment he’s been dreaming about !

I think he has done well and had backed his own judgement and put his head on the line … by speaking in the superlative about many of his signings .

His future is going to go in one of three ways :

(1) We do very well this season …. In which case the likelihood is some club will pay him much more or give him a much bigger platform ….. Morison will be gone .

(2) We do badly ….. in which case Tan will fire him ….because this team is Morison’s team and he has failed.

(3) The only way Morison will be with us next season is if we finish in the middle …..perhaps 9-15 . This is indeed a season of expectation !!

We started on a big high ….and long May it continue, us fans want plenty more of that.
Attachments
443C7A1C-05B4-466D-A515-D0A4490C415D.jpeg
443C7A1C-05B4-466D-A515-D0A4490C415D.jpeg (87.57 KiB) Viewed 4099 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Steve Morison could not have remotely expected:

Postby Bluebird 67 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:57 pm

i think you are right Annis, probably the latter
Bluebird 67

Postby FOOTSOLDIER » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:28 pm

I can't see us doing anything other than bottom half unless money is made available and that's very unlikely unless we get a new owner. I would like to be proved wrong and will continue to support the team. :bluescarf:
FOOTSOLDIER

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:08 pm

Fair assessment from the OP.
I always said any finish in the top half this season will be a success.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby NIBluebird » Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:45 pm

Steve was promoted as he knew the club , the players and in particular the youth team

He successfully kept us up in the championship with room to spare, he deserved fully his status

We tried McArthey , large contract plus previous managers who weren't successful.

So far the strategy has worked

We are currently one point from automatic promotion. Side built up and only time will tell if his team will do well or fail

Mid table will be achieved while our debts and wages have been consolidated.

Jury out but if we get a decent striker we are in with a chance

He will gain championship experience, that doesn't happen overnight.

As everyone says , by Huddersfield match we'll be able to form an opinion
NIBluebird

Postby Aberbeeg Blues » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:00 pm

Not had any faith in him since day one. Very selfish and always a loss away from throwing players under a bus.
Aberbeeg Blues

Postby Grandstand » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:35 pm

He must realise this is his only opportunity. Fail here and he will be under 23 coach all his life. Get an assistant who won’t stab you in the back- but questions your actions and is not a donkey. Cardiff is a massive club. Your players get us in the top six.
Grandstand

Postby neilst » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:43 pm

Come on annis I agree with alot of your posts but really think ur opening a can of worms let's get behind him and hope he stays let's not say he will go elsewhere if he does well as no1 knows that. 2 games in beat Norwich and lost to reading il take that let's get behind him and the team
neilst

Postby piledriver64 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:06 pm

neilst wrote:Come on annis I agree with alot of your posts but really think ur opening a can of worms let's get behind him and hope he stays let's not say he will go elsewhere if he does well as no1 knows that. 2 games in beat Norwich and lost to reading il take that let's get behind him and the team

Agreed. Forever Blue is passionate in his views, which I respect.

But this type of post is just stirring up division after just two league games.

With the big numbers of signings they won’t settle down until end if September so way too early for this.

There is one other option of course that the original poster left out. We see huge improvement over the season, we finish well and Morison wants to see the job through.

People really need to get a grip. The whole reason we’re in this mess is that for nearly twenty years numerous owners and many of fans just would not be patient and wanted short term success.

We now have a manager who is trying to instil a philosophy and structure to make this club successful but built on firm foundations.

Mackay got promoted by spending a lot of money. Warnock pulled together a squad of established players by paying exorbitant wages.

Morison is doing neither and so far I find it exciting and refreshing. It may end in tears but this is the only way our club should be going right now, no matter how nerve wracking that might get.
piledriver64

Postby BluebirdRyan18 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:12 am

Aslong as we are not floating around the relegation zone then Morro needs to remain manager. Who else are we going to have?

He needs time, his team needs time. We cant keep sacking managers

Expectations need to be lowered this season, this is a year the youngsters will progress even more. People need to be patient and back our team throughout this season and not call for the managers head after every defeat

Bloooobirds!!
BluebirdRyan18

Postby BluebirdRyan18 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:14 am

piledriver64 wrote:
neilst wrote:Come on annis I agree with alot of your posts but really think ur opening a can of worms let's get behind him and hope he stays let's not say he will go elsewhere if he does well as no1 knows that. 2 games in beat Norwich and lost to reading il take that let's get behind him and the team

With the big numbers of signings they won’t settle down until end if September so way too early for this.

There is one other option of course that the original poster left out. We see huge improvement over the season, we finish well and Morison wants to see the job through.

People really need to get a grip. The whole reason we’re in this mess is that for nearly twenty years numerous owners and many of fans just would not be patient and wanted short term success.

We now have a manager who is trying to instil a philosophy and structure to make this club successful but built on firm foundations.

Mackay got promoted by spending a lot of money. Warnock pulled together a squad of established players by paying exorbitant wages.

Morison is doing neither and so far I find it exciting and refreshing. It may end in tears but this is the only way our club should be going right now, no matter how nerve wracking that might get.

^^^^^^ :) :) :) :)
BluebirdRyan18

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:09 am

piledriver64 wrote:

So we cant debate about how we feel the future could or can be??
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Return to General Chat