Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff fined £17,500 for their melee in the opening day cla

Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:38 pm

Cardiff fined £17,500 for their melee in the opening day clash against Norwich. The Canaries were fined £5,000. Not quite sure how these figures were thought up by the FA…

Re: Cardiff fined £17,500 for their melee in the opening day

Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:42 pm

Don't know how they got fined less than us.

Thought it would be the same fine for both teams or a slightly bigger one for Norwich.

Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:49 pm

Would love to see the minutes of this decision

Norwich should of been the larger fine

As the refs report would of been taken into consideration this is the only reason I can think of as he certainly wasn't neutral

Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:19 pm

Regardless of the fine size the general discipline of the team has been poor to start the season. Two red cards already and Nelson coulld have made that three. Daley- Campbell's challenge was awful last night and totally needless. I seem to remember he was sent off for a similar scissor challenge in Scotland. Not impressed and for me its another concern about the man management ability Morison has.

Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:17 am

The FA fined Cardiff £17,500 and Norwich £5,000 for breaching rule 20.1.

An FA statement read: "Norwich City FC admitted a charge from the FA and accepted the standard penalty.

"Cardiff City FC admitted a non-standard charge and requested a paper hearing where its fine was imposed by an independent regulatory commission."

Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:24 am

I don’t see anywhere the amount of the referee’s fine,because of his performance there would have been no fraying of tempers, no melee and only yellow cards, where the hell do they get these ref’s from we always get the dregs especially premium refs who don’t understand the championship.

Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:47 pm

That’s ridiculous Norwich players were at least as bad if not worse culprits than ours

If anything Norwich should have had the biggest fine!!!

However, like someone said earlier the players discipline is a cause for concern, two red cards(possibly should be 3) two penalties and numerous yellow cards already is poor and needs to be improved as it’s proving very costly