Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BREAKING STEVE MORISON: THURSDAY 11TH AUGUST 2022

Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:14 am

:bluebird: :bluebird: " STEVE MORISON UPDATES CARDIFF CITY FANS " :bluebird: :bluebird:

Thursday 11th August 2022

Cardiff City will receive £130,000 for being the home team live on Sky this Saturday 12.30pm :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Steve Morison himself has made his stance very clear, insisting Isaak Davies isn't for sale at any price.

Steve Morison:

"As far as I'm concerned we are not selling our young players for anything.”

Isaak Davies fitness?

"Still a few weeks away. He's on the grass and training. He needs to build up slowly. He had a sore one on his knee and needs to be built up in the right way."

Steve Morison

Offloading any players?

"Yeah. 100 per cent. There'll be people going out the building. It's a long month and these things take time. It's right to trim the squad down to a number that's manageable."

Steve Morison

STEVE MORISON:

" For me Birmingham is the most important game. The next one."

New player Simpson - ready?

He’s not ready to start, but he'll get there slowly but surely. He had a good day today. We bought him in because he's a good player. I'm sure he'll be ready for when called upon.

Morison

Weather making a difference?

Yeah, it’s blooming hot. Nowadays with the facilities it’s fine. We have to make the most of it don’t we because it won’t be too long before we have gale-force winds and rain.

Morison

Going into the weekend - thoughts?

Same as what they were really. Up until the last half an hour we were in control. Twenty-two shots on target. Lots of positives to take out of it. Let ourselves down in the last half hour of the game. But there can’t be any expectation that this is an exact science and this is going to be smooth sailing, because it won’t.

Morison

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: " READ ALL STEVE MORISONS UPDATES BELOW " :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: STEVE MORISON:

Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:14 am

STEVE MORISON:

Water breaks in a game?

Yeah. Could be positive or negative. You could have momentum and all of a sudden the ref is having you on a water break. But player safety is the most important thing. We’ll see how it plays out.

Morison
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:15 am

“ CARDIFF CITY CHAMPIONSHIP FIXTURES 2022-23 “

Sat Jul 30 Cardiff City 1 Norwich City 0 Crowd :thumbright: 19,969 Away Support 1,480 Jamilu Collins :bluebird:

Sat Aug 6 – Reading 2 Cardiff City 1 :cry: :cry: Crowd 13,866 Away Support 2,100 O'Downda

Tuesday Aug 9~ EFL Cup Rd1 Cardiff City 0 Portsmouth 3 :cry: :cry: Crowd 6,303. Away fans:Pompey fans 1,114

Sat Aug 13 – CARDIFF CITY v Birmingham City 12:30pm SKY TV. (Cardiff City will receive £130,00 ) :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed Aug 17 8pm – West Bromwich Albion (A)

Sunday Aug 21– Bristol City (A) 12pm SKY TV

Sat Aug 27 – Preston North End (H)

Tue Aug 30 – Luton Town (H)

Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:22 am

STEVE MORISON:

Shape and method bought into by players?

You can see everything we've done all pre-season. You can see what we've been trying to do, it's all there. You make individual errors, you're going to get punished and we did that on Tuesday night.

I just want them to enjoy playing together and the results will come.

The players have all brought into the fact that we were going to play football in a certain way. And that's why they're all here. If they weren't going to buy into it, they're lying to me.

Morison

Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:28 am

Now we await a concrete bid as Davies is still recovering from his injury.

STEVE MORISON: "HE IS NOT FOR SALE AT ANY PRICE."

Morison himself has made his stance very clear, insisting Davies isn't for sale at any price.

BUT / Burnley are signing Southampton’s Nathan Tella on loan.

Burnley boss Vincent Kompany has confirmed the club's interest in Isaak Davies, and has seemingly refused to admit defeat in the club's chase.

"Yeah [it's true] we are interested."

"The problem is if we go through the scouting list it is quite expensive but not every deal is feasible. There are players where you have to respect the fact the club doesn't want to let him go. We are looking for the smart opportunities and not necessarily to make someone's summer!'

“It’s not over until it’s over! But most managers say he’s not our player, so I have to respect he’s someone else’s player. That’s still the case, but I don’t want to deny that there has been an interest and if it happens, we’ll see."

“Those things sometimes have to play out, you state your interest, you do the necessary and anything we do will be diligent, so we have our ceiling. This is what we have, take it or leave it. And this is what we think we can do for you and you for us, and then we move on because we have to."

Vincent Kompany

Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:35 am

STEVE MORISON:

New player Simpson - ready?

He’s not ready to start, but he'll get there slowly but surely. He had a good day today. We bought him in because he's a good player. I'm sure he'll be ready for when called upon.

Morison

Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:35 am

STEVE MORISON:

You have Used 28 players so far?

"I've used everyone. Exactly what I was going to do. I think that's right. To give everyone an opportunity to stake their claim. The people that have the shirts on Saturday have got to try to keep them."

Morison

Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:36 am

STEVE MORISON:

McGuiness in your thoughts?

He's in our thoughts as much as everyone else. We can't loan people out unless people want to take them on loan. We'll see what happens over the next couple of weeks.

There might be an opportunity around the corner for someone.

Morison

Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:37 am

STEVE MORISON:

Stocked for CBs?

Everyone's got to be ready. There are games coming up thick and fast and we'll see what happens over the next couple of weeks.

Morison

Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:37 am

STEVE MORISON:

More signings to come?

"We're always looking. There's nothing really going on at the minute."

"It's a bit of a waiting game at the moment, but I'm not going to take someone just for the sake of it. They need to be players who are going to play some part in what we're trying to do. I won't be taking on someone for the sake of it. They'll be the right person for the right time."

Steve Morison

Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:38 am

Steve Morison:

"As far as I'm concerned we are not selling our young players for anything.”

Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:41 am

STEVE MORISON:

Jack Simpson will wear the NO 26 shirt

Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:48 pm

The 2 new signings this week for CCFC for the U21’s:

Cardiff City announced the signings of Cameron Antwi and Raheem Conte for the u21s on one year deals both free agents after being released by their clubs.

Cameron Antwi

The 20-year-old, who progressed through Fulham's youth system before moving up north in 2019, had his contract at Blackpool expire at the end of the previous campaign.

He finished his time with the Seasiders with just one Carabao Cup appearance against Middlesbrough and an EFL Trophy appearance against Leeds United under-23s to his credit, never made a league appearance for Fulham or Blackpool.

He was on loan to AFC Telford for the first part of the previous season before being called up by Blackpool to play for their development team toward the finish of the season.

Throughout the summer trial period, Antwi has been on trial with the Bluebirds.m and has now signed up for them.

Raheem Conti aged 19 yet to make a league appearance, released by QPR, after a successful trial Cardiff City given a 1 year contract.

Re: BREAKING STEVE MORISON:

Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:31 pm

STEVE MORISON:

Weather making a difference?

Yeah, it’s blooming hot. Nowadays with the facilities it’s fine. We have to make the most of it don’t we because it won’t be too long before we have gale-force winds and rain.

Morison

Re: BREAKING STEVE MORISON: THURSDAY 11TH AUGUST 2022

Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:43 pm

Club turned down Davies bid - board backing must be pleasing?

Ultimately, the club didn't want to sell him. They asked me if I wanted to sell him. I don't want to sell him. There's only one way that changes. If a player asks to leave for whatever reason. Everyone has a price, but for me Isaak doesn't because we don't know how good he is. He's a young pup in the scheme of things and he has a lot to learn and I think the best place to do that is here.

Steve Morison

Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:25 pm

Steve Morison: "Isaak Davies"

"Regarding all the media talk,Isaak was getting a bit of stick about it this morning from the lads, but was just saying that all he wants to do is play football. So that's what we'll do. Just concentrate on that. I wasn't there but I was told he was getting a bit of stick. But this is going to be his biggest challenge now. The poor kid. I wish it had been done in a better way."

"I don't know why anyone has to go and release it to the press. It certainly didn't come from us. Now, poor Isaak Davies will have to put up with him being asked that question. It's another bit of pressure and another challenge to deal with."

"I remember when it happened to me. As soon as you have a bad game, everyone's saying 'he doesn't want to be here', then when you have a good game, they're saying 'He's only having a good game because he wants a move'.

"You literally cannot win. But as I said. Really disappointed with the way it's been handled. I understand why it's because the people around him would like to push that, which disappoints me as well because some of the people around him are close and connected to the football club.

"For me, wait until you've got a deal in place, then bring it to his front door, or he doesn't have to know about it. If I was looking after a player that's what I will do. But it's done now. I'm sure he'll be OK and deal with it in the right way. Let's hope to see him on the grass soon."

"He's still a few weeks away from being fit and still has a slight injury," he added. "He's on the grass and he's training but he didn't do pre-season, he was injured.

"We're just looking at where we can get him a game. Where we can get him some minutes because he needs to build up slowly."

Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:29 pm

Pity nobody asked about tying nelsons hands together.