‘ If we win on Saturday then… ‘

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby RedStem » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:17 am

If we win on Saturday then the promotion bus will be back on the road.

Baffling at some of the negativity over 2 games ruined by Curtis Nelson. And even that’s me being very harsh,

I hate blaming players but he should’ve gone with the rest of Flint, Pack, Vaulks etc. it still feels like part of that era is lingering with Nelson still at the club. Anyway, let’s not pretend we’re mudded and that Steve’s doing a bad job or that our players are awful.

At the end of the day if you watched all 3 games you’ll know what the problems are. Namely Nelson and Watters. Both of which obviously won’t be playing too much anymore if at all.

Guess what, even if we lose on Saturday, breathe in, and breathe out, this has always been touted as a patient season, where we need to let things develop naturally. If it’s any consolation I do think we’ll win on Saturday, but it’s not the end of the world if we don’t.

Appreciate what we’ve got now and remember how bad it was under Mick’s last 10 games in charge… we’ve got such a good squad, it’s just about waiting til they click together, and when they do oh boy do we have some exciting times to look forward to…
RedStem

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: If we win on Saturday then…

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:37 am

Yup. Agree with that.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby GaerBlue » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:02 am

Agree 100% with Nelson. Had 6 good months and the rest of the time he has been an accident waiting to happen.

Don’t agree with Watters. Get the ball to him in the box and he will put them away, give me Watters up top over Harris every single day. Harris shouldn’t even be on the bench. Complete waste of a place in the squad. Watters nearly scored against reading, got himself into a great position but the defender just nicked it away from him. I’d love to see us go to an old fashioned 442 with Etete and Watters, if you read reports on Etete, the general consensus is that he’s a very unselfish player and his strike partners have loved playing with him. Not sure this 4123 is working at the moment. Especially when all the opposition has to do is mark Wintle out of the game and we haven’t got a plan b.
GaerBlue

Postby Wayne S » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:11 am

I class myself as a positive'ish person so I do not do this often but......

We will not win on Saturday from what I have seen of Birmingham.

Be back Saturday evening to hopefully take my bollocking.
Wayne S

Postby mjw6150 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:55 am

Woah lets stop all talk of promotion....it is very unlikely due to quality of teams in this league.

Most fans would surely be happy with a comfortable mid table finish.

Having said that it would be disappointing not to beat Birmingham on Saturday but overall I think it has been an OK start. We won a game we didn't expect to win and lost one we hoped to get something from...EFL Cup doesn't matter.
mjw6150

Re: ‘ If we win on Saturday then… ‘

Postby Sneggyblubird » Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:12 pm

I always think its horses for courses and maybe the style of football we are trying to play just doesn't suit Nelson.
Sneggyblubird

Re: ‘ If we win on Saturday then… ‘

Postby Caerdydd12 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:26 pm

Got a feeling we will draw on Saturday, or possibly get turned over.
Caerdydd12

Postby TopCat CCFC » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:23 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Yup. Agree with that.

:thumbup:
TopCat CCFC

Postby BlueFortitude » Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:04 pm

GaerBlue wrote:Agree 100% with Nelson. Had 6 good months and the rest of the time he has been an accident waiting to happen.

Don’t agree with Watters. Get the ball to him in the box and he will put them away, give me Watters up top over Harris every single day. Harris shouldn’t even be on the bench. Complete waste of a place in the squad. Watters nearly scored against reading, got himself into a great position but the defender just nicked it away from him. I’d love to see us go to an old fashioned 442 with Etete and Watters, if you read reports on Etete, the general consensus is that he’s a very unselfish player and his strike partners have loved playing with him. Not sure this 4123 is working at the moment. Especially when all the opposition has to do is mark Wintle out of the game and we haven’t got a plan b.

This aged well…
Watters not even scoring the opportunities he’s getting now. Really don’t see what he brings to the team that Harris or Etete can’t bring (plus more)
BlueFortitude

Postby GaerBlue » Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:32 pm

BlueFortitude wrote:
GaerBlue wrote:Agree 100% with Nelson. Had 6 good months and the rest of the time he has been an accident waiting to happen.

This aged well…
Watters not even scoring the opportunities he’s getting now. Really don’t see what he brings to the team that Harris or Etete can’t bring (plus more)

If Watters wasn’t getting chances I’d be worried. Apart from that 1 on 1 miss away at Shrewsbury and a penalty, Harris hasn’t had a chance since. He did impress me playing left/right wing on Saturday though. Will never criticise his work rate but as a striker you need to at least be getting 1/2 chances a game. Etete got himself into some good positions again on Sat. He and Watters both just need a goal to kick on.
GaerBlue

Return to General Chat