NEW PLAYERS

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NEW PLAYERS

Postby Igovernor » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:57 pm

You would not believe how busy we still are on the transfer front, it is really hectic behind the scenes.
We have not finished our transfers by any means.

Although stated by SM that no deals are close we have agreed deals with two strikers, one who is very experienced and a premier club loan, who will be in before the window closes, and possibly a third. :clap:
So it will be interesting as there will be a few going out, not been told the numbers, or their positions but you can make a guess who they might be.

As for a certain Player who is wanted by another team :lol: Even though SM has said we will not sell our young players at any price, if the price is right he will be gone.
There is an interesting thing here, does the interested club have a spare striker :lol:

As before things may be agreed but not finalised until contracts are signed :ayatollah:
Igovernor

NEW PLAYERS

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: NEW PLAYERS

Postby welshrarebit » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:08 pm

True or not. I think we would all be fibbing if we didn’t admit we love the soap opera that is football between the games!
welshrarebit

Postby OwainGlyndŵr123 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:48 pm

Are you hinting we are trying to do a player swap with Burnley? And he’s a very experienced striker? Jay Rodriguez perhaps? :wink:
OwainGlyndŵr123

Postby TopCat CCFC » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:36 pm

OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:Are you hinting we are trying to do a player swap with Burnley? And he’s a very experienced striker? Jay Rodriguez perhaps? :wink:

MM :o
TopCat CCFC

Postby JulesK » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:01 am

Said the other day is there a swap deal to be done.
Keeping the Faith since '74.
JulesK

Postby wez1927 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:33 am

OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:Are you hinting we are trying to do a player swap with Burnley? And he’s a very experienced striker? Jay Rodriguez perhaps? :wink:

Would love that deal
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Blue View » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:51 am

Or Ashley Barnes
Blue View

Postby Paul Keevil » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:56 am

Or a certain Craig Bellamy coming out of retirement to play for us again!
Looking for a Photographer?

Accredited Champions League, Premiership and FL Photographer
Cover RL, RU, Motorsport etc
Accredited - 2012 Olympic Games
Attend "Celebrity Events" - papping
Weddings & Porfolio Work
Paul Keevil

Postby Paul Keevil » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:58 am

wez1927 wrote:

Would love that deal

I would as well.

In the past I used to photograph a lot of Premier League football and Turf Moor was one of the grounds I covered.

I never really worked out what his best position was, Left Wing, Right Wing or Striker - He is pretty decent at all 3 and that was against Premier League opposition.

Weddings & Porfolio Work
Paul Keevil

Postby Pulisnewport » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:39 pm

Igovernor wrote:You would not believe how busy we still are on the transfer front, it is really hectic behind the scenes.

Although stated by SM that no deals are close we have agreed deals with two strikers, one who is very experienced and a premier club loan, who will be in before the window closes, and possibly a third. :clap:
So it will be interesting as there will be a few going out, not been told the numbers, or their positions but you can make a guess who they might be.

As for a certain Player who is wanted by another team :lol: Even though SM has said we will not sell our young players at any price, if the price is right he will be gone.
There is an interesting thing here, does the interested club have a spare striker :lol:

As before things may be agreed but not finalised until contracts are signed :ayatollah:

Rog,

Matej Vydra maybe! Available on a free..........
Pulisnewport

Postby Paul Keevil » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:03 pm

Matej Vydra & Jay Rodriguez - Now that would be a decent strike force with plenty of speed behind them

Weddings & Porfolio Work
Paul Keevil

Postby Igovernor » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:14 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
Igovernor wrote:You would not believe how busy we still are on the transfer front, it is really hectic behind the scenes.

Rog,

Yes Karl out of contract, as long as his wages not to high :thumbup:
Igovernor

Postby fred keenor » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:35 pm

Vydra had an injury in May which at the time was stated to keep him out of action till Nov , Dec
fred keenor

Postby Sven » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:53 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:

Rog,

Karl, that's a good call, would make sense and we've been in there for him before...

Always seems to tear us a new one when against us and I recall how he changed that replayed Snowgate game at Derby pretty much on his own...
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby bluelover » Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:11 pm

fred keenor wrote:Vydra had an injury in May which at the time was stated to keep him out of action till Nov , Dec

Reported to be out until Jan 2023 although the below report from last week suggests it could be sooner. Would be a gamble on another injured player and have to wonder what Burnley offered that was unacceptable considering they have money and we don't

The 30-year-old joined the Clarets from Derby in 2018 and made 82 league appearances for the club. Vydra's contract expired at the end of June while he was recovering from a cruciate knee ligament injury which sidelined him for the last four matches of the season. The forward said Burnley had only made him one offer of fresh terms, which he could not accept.

"I would like to say farewell to my amazing fans who have supported me throughout my time here in Burnley FC," Vydra said on his Instagram account.

"I've been lucky to experience the family atmosphere of the club, great teammates and outstanding support from our doctors and physiotherapists that have helped me with my injury. "I've done my very best to play to my fullest potential during the length of my contract, not afraid to risk getting injured even towards the end of this contract. "That's just who I am and I wanted to help my club at any cost. Unfortunately during a match against Watford I got seriously injured and the club got relegated to the Championship. "Yesterday I went to see my brilliant surgeon Andy Williams, who was very pleased with my recovery. I'm ahead of the estimated recovery time and I was told I could soon be on the field again. "Negotiations with the club were minimal, I received one offer, which I could not accept. "To the club and to the fans, I wish a great season and the best of luck.
bluelover

Postby Pulisnewport » Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:17 pm

Igovernor wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

Rog,

Yes Karl out of contract, as long as his wages not to high :thumbup:

Rog,

We need a “fox in the box” striker a few around and available at the moment.
Pulisnewport

Postby Pulisnewport » Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:19 pm

Sven wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

Rog,

Karl, that's a good call, would make sense and we've been in there for him before...

Always seems to tear us a new one when against us and I recall how he changed that replayed Snowgate game at Derby pretty much on his own...

Chris,

We will need an experienced striker up front who knows how to score as well as our young guns. Here’s hoping.
Pulisnewport

Postby Pulisnewport » Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:21 pm

bluelover wrote:
fred keenor wrote:Vydra had an injury in May which at the time was stated to keep him out of action till Nov , Dec

Reported to be out until Jan 2023 although the below report from last week suggests it could be sooner. Would be a gamble on another injured player and have to wonder what Burnley offered that was unacceptable considering they have money and we don't

The 30-year-old joined the Clarets from Derby in 2018 and made 82 league appearances for the club. Vydra's contract expired at the end of June while he was recovering from a cruciate knee ligament injury which sidelined him for the last four matches of the season. The forward said Burnley had only made him one offer of fresh terms, which he could not accept.

"I would like to say farewell to my amazing fans who have supported me throughout my time here in Burnley FC," Vydra said on his Instagram account.

"I've been lucky to experience the family atmosphere of the club, great teammates and outstanding support from our doctors and physiotherapists that have helped me with my injury. "I've done my very best to play to my fullest potential during the length of my contract, not afraid to risk getting injured even towards the end of this contract. "That's just who I am and I wanted to help my club at any cost. Unfortunately during a match against Watford I got seriously injured and the club got relegated to the Championship. "Yesterday I went to see my brilliant surgeon Andy Williams, who was very pleased with my recovery. I'm ahead of the estimated recovery time and I was told I could soon be on the field again. "Negotiations with the club were minimal, I received one offer, which I could not accept. "To the club and to the fans, I wish a great season and the best of luck.

He’s a 30yr old striker with lots of experience he’d be worth taking a punt on or any similar style striker to compliment the ones we currently have!
Pulisnewport

Postby bluelover » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:15 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
bluelover wrote:

He’s a 30yr old striker with lots of experience he’d be worth taking a punt on or any similar style striker to compliment the ones we currently have!

I agree, always liked him and feel he would complimnent what we have, just a question of how long he will be out for and what was the offer he declined as would imagine it was fairly decent with the money Burnley have.
bluelover

Postby M4 Exile » Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:37 pm

Rodriguez’s legs are long gone
M4 Exile

Postby fred keenor » Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:55 pm

M4 Exile wrote:

And pushing 34 next birthday, no thank you
fred keenor

Postby Igovernor » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:37 pm

M4 Exile wrote:

Looks pretty quick to me, but as he has just signed a new 2 year contract till 2024, i dont think you have to worry about his legs :lol:
Igovernor

Postby worcester_ccfc » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:49 pm

I do wonder if Lyle Taylor from Forest could be one of these.

Don't know anything to suggest that he's linked with us but they are willing to let him leave.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Return to General Chat