Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “ Max Watters “

Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:55 am

Crayfish wrote:
MikeP wrote:This lad tries his best just needs a little luck and I think he would be away scoring on a regular basis. Our new striker missed an easier chance so why not get of this lads back given the time he will come good. Harris has Been given game after game still he's given more chances. As for Nelson it's get rid he's Bern chronic not up to the standards of the other new signings not in the same league. Kiepe will be missed on Wed so please bring in new defender to replace after Tuesdays dismal effort no one else who played that night should play. Watters was unlucky yesterday and the Brummies goalkeeper had a lucky day.

Just out curiosity, can anyone name me a Cardiff city striker who has started his career with Cardiff so dreadfully, one goal in 16 games and has gone on to ‘come good’ and gone on to score loads of goals for us? I can’t think of a single one.

I remember a certain Peter Thorne having a barren patch after joint us (not sure of exact stats) but he eventually scored one after a rebound off the post went in off his knee. He was brilliant for us after that; even when not scoring he provided so many assists for Earnie.
Not in any way saying that there is a comparison with MW mind.

Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:10 am

Eddie Johnson ??

Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:18 am

Some of you are missing the point Watters has never had a good spell for for Cardiff or in the Championship.

17 games / 13 goals league 1 Crawley & that’s it .

Was built up by Glen William and Dalman as the amazing £1mill striker, they exaggerated beyond.

Max Watters aged 23
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:33 am

Crayfish wrote:
MikeP wrote:This lad tries his best just needs a little luck and I think he would be away scoring on a regular basis. Our new striker missed an easier chance so why not get of this lads back given the time he will come good. Harris has Been given game after game still he's given more chances. As for Nelson it's get rid he's Bern chronic not up to the standards of the other new signings not in the same league. Kiepe will be missed on Wed so please bring in new defender to replace after Tuesdays dismal effort no one else who played that night should play. Watters was unlucky yesterday and the Brummies goalkeeper had a lucky day.

Just out curiosity, can anyone name me a Cardiff city striker who has started his career with Cardiff so dreadfully, one goal in 16 games and has gone on to ‘come good’ and gone on to score loads of goals for us? I can’t think of a single one.

Earnshaw

Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:27 pm

What was Ronnie Moores goal stats?

Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:35 pm

Barclay1 wrote:Like Nelson before him, I feel he was given a last chance today.

I dont think see will see Watters or Nelson play for us again.

Today, a decent striker would have easily had two, a good striker would have had a hattrick.

That chance goes in it's a different game and the rest is history, he worked hard and got in good positions and had chances, he'll get one or two more chances, but I have no doubt Morison is looking for a good premiership young striker on loan before the window closes. I think we look a good club to loan a player due to the style and way we are playing and will get a gem :thumbup: