Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Centre backs v WBA?

Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:32 pm

So given that kipre won’t be playing who will partner NG at the hawthorns?
My guess would be Simpson gets in there but possible that Nelson might be given another chance. McGuiness looks like a goner

Re: Centre backs v WBA?

Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:44 pm

Nelson is a goner.

I think likely Denham or Simpson.

Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:48 pm

I noticed mc guineas today being given a real workout b4 kick off. Given he wasn't on the bench could this have been a medical of some sort?

Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:29 pm

pontlliwblue wrote:I noticed mc guineas today being given a real workout b4 kick off. Given he wasn't on the bench could this have been a medical of some sort?

I saw this too and we did it the last home game against Norwich except with Eli king, confused as to what they do these half a pitch sprints for right before kick off when they not even on bench

Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:42 pm

Mcguiness for me

Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:59 pm

Simpson. Left footed, ball playing. It's a no brainer. Away at WBA.

Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:30 am

jimmy_rat wrote:Simpson. Left footed, ball playing. It's a no brainer. Away at WBA.

Has to be Simpson. Other two aren’t up for it.

Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:09 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:Simpson. Left footed, ball playing. It's a no brainer. Away at WBA.

Exactly. If they were they would've played instead of Nelson when Ng was suspended. Chuck Simpson in, if he was ready for the bench yesterday he's ready for a start. We will miss Kipre though. Was a rock yesterday. I read on Brums forum praising our defence. Saying they would never have score we were that good.

Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:11 am

jimmy_rat wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Exactly. If they were they would've played instead of Nelson when Ng was suspended. Chuck Simpson in, if he was ready for the bench yesterday he's ready for a start. We will miss Kipre though. Was a rock yesterday. I read on Brums forum praising our defence. Saying they would never have score we were that good.

That makes a refreshing change as usually other forums run the opposition down after a loss. Saying that, there was a quote from planet swans with a few of their fans saying that we were playing well.

Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:54 am

Nelson was SM's first choice v Reading.

I think he was played then against Portsmouth as a "one more chance" sort of thing after having a mare

He wouldn't have risked him ready for Birmingham otherwise

The fact that he was nowhere near the team yesterday suggests that "one more chance" was used up

Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:55 am

Simpson for me, hopefully not too early for him, bit no real choice.

HOWEVER, I think SM will go with Denham.

Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:28 pm

To be honest..... providing they can defend I'm not concerned. Our keeper can ping a pass to anyone from 5 to 50 yards and it will give our new centre half a well deserved day off although he'd probably prefer to play.
Love how we set up our shape as a team. Love the high press.
Speed can undo any side and we have that in abundance.
Thank you SM love what you are creating on the field we will keep the atmosphere going from the stands.
I'm a real fan of our 2022/23 football style.
Side note nice to see Sol Bamba 22 working for Sky @ the CCFC stadium. :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:40 pm

Denham doesn’t look ready yet.
He’ll go with Simpson as long as he’s fit.

Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:18 pm

Please not nelson another penalty against us.