Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Albufeira

Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:53 pm

Hi, first post but been observing the forum for years. Just want to pick your brains. Off to Albufeira Wednesday morning for a week. Was wondering if anyone knew of a Cardiff City/Welsh pub to watch the West Brom game. Any knowledge will be much appreciated. Thank you

Re: Albufeira

Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:48 am

Adamblue27 wrote:Hi, first post but been observing the forum for years. Just want to pick your brains. Off to Albufeira Wednesday morning for a week. Was wondering if anyone knew of a Cardiff City/Welsh pub to watch the West Brom game. Any knowledge will be much appreciated. Thank you

I went to Albufeira a few years back and City had a match while I was out there, I went into a few bars a few days before the game and asked if there was a possibility they could get the match on for me. They pleasantly obliged, so my bet is, if you do what I did then you’ll get to watch the game, even if it’s in a foreign language :lol:
Enjoy your holiday and the game, oh and welcome to the forum :thumbup:

Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:55 pm

There’s quite a few sport bars in the strip in Albufeira which show all sports but whether the City game will be on im not sure

Best bet is to go in and ask probably going to be other City fans and Albion fans about so hopefully you should find a bar that will put it on for you

Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:02 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:There’s quite a few sport bars in the strip in Albufeira which show all sports but whether the City game will be on im not sure

Best bet is to go in and ask probably going to be other City fans and Albion fans about so hopefully you should find a bar that will put it on for you

there's an irish sports bar next door to the cockeral restautant - 5 minute walk from strip in new town, loads of tv sports channels, always obliging.

oh and cockeral is great food, and if full you can order and eat in the irish bar - staff will bring it in with full cutlery etc :occasion5: - all courses!!!!!

Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:05 pm

arri potta wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:There’s quite a few sport bars in the strip in Albufeira which show all sports but whether the City game will be on im not sure

there's an irish sports bar next door to the cockeral restautant - 5 minute walk from strip in new town, loads of tv sports channels, always obliging.

oh and cockeral is great food, and if full you can order and eat in the irish bar - staff will bring it in with full cutlery etc :occasion5: - all courses!!!!!

two minutes from there, another irish bar that runs on road parallel to strip, that too he's had city on, and tv's outside!

Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:25 pm

Thanks all much appreciated for the advice. First thing we'll be doing when we get there Wednesday is finding those pubs haha cheers

Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:31 pm

Adamblue27 wrote:Thanks all much appreciated for the advice. First thing we'll be doing when we get there Wednesday is finding those pubs haha cheers

trust me, cockeral is amazing, massive portions, and if you go for sunday dinner, wear something that expands :laughing6: :thumbright:

The Cockerel Country Kitchen
Catering to Albufeira’s many British expats and tourists the Cockerel Country Kitchen is one of the longest running established English restaurants. Located off The strip you can find firm favourites from the UK including English breakfasts, cod and chips and a good old Sunday roast.

A small, rustic and familiar space Cockerel Country Kitchen has a large menu of homely meals, diner specials and food you would expect in British pubs all served to the highest standard at particularly reasonable prices. Some reviewers have even described Cockerel Country Kitchen as ‘under-priced’!

Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:34 pm

Adamblue27 wrote:Thanks all much appreciated for the advice. First thing we'll be doing when we get there Wednesday is finding those pubs haha cheers

and its the '33 Sports Bar' next door to cockerel restaurant.

they showed cardiff v brum yesterday on half the tv's but you can ask for any games.

Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:45 pm

Went a couple of years ago and watched footy in Smiths Bar in OldTown…saw Cardiff game in there ….really good pub with lots of flags etc and no problems…2 mins from the main square into the Old Town