Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Whatever the outcome this season

Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:39 pm

You can clearly see we are completely changing the style of football Cardiff city have been associated with the last 10 years. I can’t remember the last time we’ve been able to play around with it from the keeper across our back line and cut open the opposition midfield with a couple of passes.. probably Dave jones era.

Not one pundit backed us to get anywhere near the top 6 this season and majority of Cardiff fans don’t expect it but there’s always that hope you are up there that’s why fans most likely frustrated when we do lose.

As Morison has said it will take time and there will be games where it doesn’t work but atleast we are trying to implement a different style.

For years Cardiff fans have wanted a young manager who wants to play football we’ve now got one and he needs time.. no one will want to succeed more than Morison.

2 tough away games coming up next…. Let’s hope we can play like we did today. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Whatever the outcome this season

Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:25 am

It certainly is different to what we are use to.

Playing from the back seems to be the way today and we as fans need to get use to it. As we are not use to it there were some moments that made me nervous. Guess I've got to get use to that. When we reverted to the long ball near the end of the game I actually felt a lot more comfortable.

Re: Whatever the outcome this season

Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:49 pm

That first half was as good as, if not better, than watching DJs team at their best when Whitts, Chopra, Bothroyd etc were in full flow. Haven't enjoyed a Bluebirds performance that much since then - perhaps Carling Cup Final v Liverpool, but that was a different sort of performance to yesterday.