Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sky Player of the Match, @CardiffCityFC’s:

Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:40 am

Sky Player of the Match, @CardiffCityFC’s Callum O’Dowda

42 touches
9 touches in opposition box (career best in his 163 @SkyBetChamp apps)
2 shots, 1 on target
7 duels won
3 chances created
Assist for Philogene’s winner
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Sky Player of the Match, @CardiffCityFC’s:

Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:09 pm

Spot on

A beast

Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:20 pm

To think there was people who didn't want him here because he was from Bristol city and not good enough & injury prone.. :old:

Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:51 pm

pembroke allan wrote:To think there was people who didn't want him here because he was from Bristol city and not good enough & injury prone.. :old:

I’ll be honest. Although I didn’t post anything on here or anywhere online as it’s not my style. But my first thought was why has a lad in his prime years been released by a average championship side. But like I said I didn’t get involved in critism as everyone deserves a chance. Sometimes players just need a fresh start or they don’t get on with the club they’re at through no fault of their own. Callum certainly looks like a player whose relishing a new challenge and feels like the shackles are off so to speak. Hopefully he’s found himself the perfect fit for him in club and manager. Great start Callum keep it up.

Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:22 pm

cs_original wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:To think there was people who didn't want him here because he was from Bristol city and not good enough & injury prone.. :old:

I’ll be honest. Although I didn’t post anything on here or anywhere online as it’s not my style. But my first thought was why has a lad in his prime years been released by a average championship side. But like I said I didn’t get involved in critism as everyone deserves a chance. Sometimes players just need a fresh start or they don’t get on with the club they’re at through no fault of their own. Callum certainly looks like a player whose relishing a new challenge and feels like the shackles are off so to speak. Hopefully he’s found himself the perfect fit for him in club and manager. Great start Callum keep it up.

Sometimes a change of scenery is all that it takes plus a different style from previous club.... what may have helped him was fact we were always looking to ho wide or over top which will suit him no end

Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:23 pm

Great choice of course. I think WOL mom was Romeo, also a great choice.

Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:01 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Great choice of course. I think WOL mom was Romeo, also a great choice.

…and mine was Wintle. Just shows how good the whole team played.

Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:59 pm

Collins left back has taken me by suprise from german 2nd division bril so far

Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:18 pm

montyblue wrote:Collins left back has taken me by suprise from german 2nd division bril so far

Yes I agree there Monty.